GRAMMYS 2008: Wine and cheers

Full story: Newsday 15
British soul singer Amy Winehouse stole the Grammy show last night, delivering a strong performance and taking home five awards, including three of the four top categories including record and song of the year. Full Story
Gemma Price

Gillingham, UK

#1 Feb 11, 2008
All i can say is well done amy winehouse what a way to bounce back u stole the show and well deserved !!!
volley

New York, NY

#2 Feb 11, 2008
What a SKANK!!
Roberto

Nicosia, Cyprus

#3 Feb 11, 2008
volley wrote:
What a SKANK!!
Irrelevant. Very good voice and great entertainer.
oh yeah

Denver, CO

#4 Feb 11, 2008
Gemma Price wrote:
All i can say is well done amy winehouse what a way to bounce back u stole the show and well deserved !!!
let's praise and give thanks to the drug addicts and alcoholics of the world....

she only won that many awards for the same reason kanye west did - the pathetic sympathy vote.

next year i wouldn't be surprised if brittany spears wins it all
cluephone

Orleans, Canada

#5 Feb 11, 2008
volley wrote:
What a SKANK!!
What a prep.
cluephone

Orleans, Canada

#6 Feb 11, 2008
oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
let's praise and give thanks to the drug addicts and alcoholics of the world....
she only won that many awards for the same reason kanye west did - the pathetic sympathy vote.
next year i wouldn't be surprised if brittany spears wins it all
Thank Jeebus they don't vote according to your moral squeamishness. There's no award for best squeaky clean virginal Nancy Reagan wannabe. Creatives don't play safe.
Not from LI

Plano, TX

#7 Feb 11, 2008
cluephone wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank Jeebus they don't vote according to your moral squeamishness. There's no award for best squeaky clean virginal Nancy Reagan wannabe. Creatives don't play safe.
True. Creatives who abuse alcohol and drugs usually die. Maybe Brit and Amy will get the posthumous awards next year. Moron.
D Smith

Cleveland, GA

#8 Feb 11, 2008
Kanye West was absolutely full of himself last night and it was totally disgusting. to say "We Own This." Nobody owns the grammys, it is a collective ownership. His true colors came through. I am so glad Vince Gill backed him down a step. Kanye I am so your mother died but she would have been very disappointed if she would have been their to see how unworthy you were of you accolades. You never deserve another grammy again. And, don't worry, after that spill I doubt the academy will ever reward you again.

Kanye West is thinks he is much much more than he really is. His head was so big I almost vomited.
D Smith

Cleveland, GA

#9 Feb 11, 2008
Amy Winehouse WOW True talent always wins and no matter what this woman has been through she deserved every grammy she won. She acted humbled and very appreciative just by viewing her body language. She is quite possibly one of the best singers across any race I have ever heard. I love your voice and I love you success. Keep up the great work. The worlds needs you baby so stay clean and all of our prayers are with you. You are the real deal. It doesn't get any more real than ms. winehouse. Dang 5 grammys. You and Lauren Hill need to start a club!
D Smith

Cleveland, GA

#10 Feb 11, 2008
well volley as they always say it takes a skank to know one. and hey better off a multi million dollar skank than just a jealous skank fan!

Here, Here To all da skanks. We love em! LOL
Trish

Corona, NY

#11 Feb 11, 2008
Dublin loves Amy Winehouse. This woman is the real thing!!
Keep it up Amy! and all the best in your future!!
Baby G

Beaumont, TX

#12 Feb 11, 2008
Congratulations to the legendary Clark Sisters! They well deserved it!
music genius

Saint George, UT

#13 Feb 12, 2008
amy winehouse is so overrated. So many better artists haven't won those kind of awards. Don't reward people with attention just because they're on drugs!!!! I'm sick of it. Drugs in sports, Drugs in music, drugs killing actors and comedians. And you pick rehab as the best song. What kind of a message is that. I think that song is ridiculous.
clay

AOL

#14 Feb 12, 2008
Kanye West never said "We own this." He said "We run this," which is a common phrase in hip hop culture refering to the dominance in the music industry. If you would turn off NPR or The O'Reilly Factor for a minute you might realize that Kanye West is not just another shallow rapper, but a musician in his own right who deserves every Grammy and award he gets.

Also, how dare you even speak your pathetic, ill-informed opinion of what Donda West might say. She loved her boy more than anything and supported him fully.

And on a last note, the Academy doesn't give out awards based on behaviour and judgement calls, they give them based on music. If they only gave out awards to completely sober, clean living individuals, maybe three would have been given out so far.
jennyanydot

New York, NY

#15 Feb 13, 2008
Aretha doesn't come off as such a good christian when she sulks over such a petty thing as Beyonce introducing Tina Turner as the 'Queen'. I just lost my respect for Aretha. True colors...
Beyonce was amazing and Tina Turner gave her usual electrifying performance. I thought Aretha's performance was equally wonderful but that was when I was celebrating the 'person I thought she was'- gracious and humble for the great gift her Lord blessed her with, not a petty person jealous and envious of someone else also being called a queen (of rock and roll).
When I think of what is going on in Irag and other parts of the world this kind of stuff sicken me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herbie Hancock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Singer Cheryl Barnes is Being Considered for th... Nov 12 serenaspun 1
Love Jazz & Gregory Porter?Check Out Smooth Jaz... (Apr '14) Apr '14 serenaspun 1
Jim Peterik ís Band The Ides of March Have Stre... (Jul '13) Jul '13 serenaspun 1
Jim Peterik and Lifeforce Perform at the Milwau... (Jun '13) Jun '13 serenaspun 1
Jim Peterik Lifeforce Band of 32 Favorite Jazz ... (May '13) May '13 serenaspun 1
Herbie Hancock Radio on SiriusXM (Apr '12) Apr '12 SiriusXM Elisa 1
Music Profile: The Wee Trio (Feb '12) Feb '12 tigger31086 1

Herbie Hancock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE