Playlist: Five Essential Jazz Trumpet...

Playlist: Five Essential Jazz Trumpet Solos

There are 8 comments on the findingDulcinea story from Oct 5, 2008, titled Playlist: Five Essential Jazz Trumpet Solos. In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

Taste in jazz is extremely personal, and everyone has an opinion. Still, some songs and musicians stand out as classics in a particular category.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

Martin Dressler

Monroe, NY

#1 Oct 5, 2008
Maiden Voyage has to be one of my favorites. Really got me into Herbie Hancock. Some superb performances on the album as a whole.
Fred

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 5, 2008
Why does the writer stop in the Fifties?
Why are Lester Bowie, Woody Shaw, or
Bill Dixon not important ?
Martin Dressler

Monroe, NY

#3 Oct 6, 2008
That's the trouble with only covering 5. What are your favorite pieces by the three you mentioned, Fred? I'm not too familiar with them.
Colleen

West Linn, OR

#4 Oct 6, 2008
Miles Davis is sublime. I never tire of "Kind Of Blue."
will

Lenni, PA

#5 Oct 6, 2008
good choices here.
Ursula B

Bronx, NY

#6 Oct 6, 2008
Cherokee has been on my iPod for a long time. I'm going to go listen to it again.
sss

San Jose, CA

#7 Oct 7, 2008
these are genius choices. no arguments here. your unnamed sources must be pretty sharp.
RBSPRODS

United States

#8 Oct 13, 2008
You can add Jon Faddis' mind-blowing trumpet solo at
the breakneck tempo on "Things to Come" fronting the Jazz At Lincoln Center Orchestra on the "They Came to Swing" CD. Amazing!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herbie Hancock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Jackson (Jazz) Revisited (Apr '16) Apr '16 Penguins 1
Just Found A Jazz/Funk Bassist That Sounds Like... (Mar '15) Mar '15 serenaspun 1
Fans Love Cheryl Barnes Jazzy Rendition of Joni... (Jan '15) Jan '15 serenaspun 1
Fans of Jason Mraz Have A Chance To See Latin S... (Jan '15) Jan '15 serenaspun 1
News Jazz in Lodz (Jan '15) Jan '15 Clear Dharma 1
Singer Cheryl Barnes is Being Considered for th... (Nov '14) Nov '14 serenaspun 1
Love Jazz & Gregory Porter?Check Out Smooth Jaz... (Apr '14) Apr '14 serenaspun 1
More from around the web