Ford F-150: Tough Enough For Hard Times

Ford F-150: Tough Enough For Hard Times

There are 26 comments on the WCPO-TV9 Cincinnati story from Jan 2, 2009, titled Ford F-150: Tough Enough For Hard Times. In it, WCPO-TV9 Cincinnati reports that:

If we truly are headed for a second Great Depression, we're going to need a really good pickup.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCPO-TV9 Cincinnati.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#1 Jan 2, 2009
Some people will try anything to sell a pickup. Whats next? Any there are plenty of used pickups still out there from when people were dumping them when gas was $4 a gallon.
FORDMAN

Alexandria, VA

#2 Jan 3, 2009
Well there are still demands for pickups. The F-150 has surpassed all of the Japanese sedans and hybrids, as North America's best selling vehicle for 2008. Plus the 09'gets more torque and horsepower. Toyota can only dream of selling 500,000 plus Tundras. The Ford F-150 is the best truck out there right now.
Truckin

Albany, GA

#3 Jan 3, 2009
To spin it a different way, the F150 sales are down 40% compared to the heyday. With fewer sales comes a slimmer profit margin, something that Ford has struggled with for many years.
Johnny in Cary NC

Wake Forest, NC

#4 Jan 4, 2009
I have an 08 F150 & love it...but must say that marketing any vehicle as a "need" because of the recessed economy is pretty lame.

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#5 Jan 4, 2009
Tom Loy wrote:
Some people will try anything to sell a pickup. Whats next? Any there are plenty of used pickups still out there from when people were dumping them when gas was $4 a gallon.
They make a good truck and people are buying it. Donít get mad about that. For the record Ė I am not a Ford guy, but come on give credit where credit is due.
FORDMAN

Fairfax, VA

#6 Jan 5, 2009
Still Truckin the F-150 sell 4x as much as the Tundra, because it is at least a 4x better truck.
eric

Tellico Plains, TN

#7 Jan 5, 2009
as far as trucks Nothing tops the F150!
You throw in the Ford Edge,Ford Flex,Ford Focus and Ford Fusion and thats a nice line.Include the Explorer thats been around and proven.
The 3.5 is a tremendous engine.
eric

Tellico Plains, TN

#8 Jan 5, 2009
Hey FORDMAN, where is the 3.5 engine built? is it an American product?
FORDMAN

Fairfax, VA

#9 Jan 5, 2009
Hey Eric, good to see another real American, who enjoys quality Ford products. For your information, Ford's 3.5 V6 Engine is the Duratec 35, which is built in Lima, Ohio.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#10 Jan 5, 2009
hahahaha..they can't give these things away...hold on to money folks..you don't need a new truck..your kids need shoes..you need some F-you money in the bank...let the auto companies rot..

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#11 Jan 5, 2009
Funny stuff, except the jokes on you as they are selling like hotcakes.

“Down in the Bayou”

Vancleave Mississippi

#12 Jan 5, 2009
70plyRR wrote:
Funny stuff, except the jokes on you as they are selling like hotcakes.
nice try..even hotcakes aren't selling like hotcakes...not to mention overpriced vehicles...

ridgefarm Il

#13 Jan 5, 2009
hard to believe Ford is selling a lot of F150's. CNN Business just had an article about auto sales falling again.
eric

Tellico Plains, TN

#14 Jan 5, 2009
people who need trucks who make a living can now get a work truck a lot cheaper, so whats wrong with that?.Not to mention folks in the M.W. and cold spots need 4 wheel drive. so again whats the problem.
Oil prices spiked on speculation and with a bad economy,oil prices wont run up to the heights its been for a while now,as Americans are driving less and the bad economy from high oil prices ect are costing billions in profit for the M.E. sheiks.Oil prices will stay low until the economy heats up, and that wont happen for a while.

although the OTC prices,NASDAQ are showing a inprovment so its not as bad as they makeit out to be and as soon as the Masiah takes office,the better news will come out, the economy is getting better so OBAMA gets credit,but,prices will be low for quite a while.
The extra money in gas will not come close to the money you save in the price of the SUV.ITs big profit for Detroit,many jobs saved,and the economy will benefit.
eric

Tellico Plains, TN

#15 Jan 5, 2009
FORDMAN wrote:
Hey Eric, good to see another real American, who enjoys quality Ford products. For your information, Ford's 3.5 V6 Engine is the Duratec 35, which is built in Lima, Ohio.
Thanks for the INFO Fordman!
i read where it was rated one of the best engines today ( a top 10_) rated by some company i cant remember who it was.if I find the article actually i think it was Wards

“Down in the Bayou”

Vancleave Mississippi

#16 Jan 5, 2009
go ahead spend your money....I'm sure Obama will bail your dumbass out...

ridgefarm Il

#17 Jan 5, 2009
eric wrote:
people who need trucks who make a living can now get a work truck a lot cheaper, so whats wrong with that?.Not to mention folks in the M.W. and cold spots need 4 wheel drive. so again whats the problem.
Oil prices spiked on speculation and with a bad economy,oil prices wont run up to the heights its been for a while now,as Americans are driving less and the bad economy from high oil prices ect are costing billions in profit for the M.E. sheiks.Oil prices will stay low until the economy heats up, and that wont happen for a while.
although the OTC prices,NASDAQ are showing a inprovment so its not as bad as they makeit out to be and as soon as the Masiah takes office,the better news will come out, the economy is getting better so OBAMA gets credit,but,prices will be low for quite a while.
The extra money in gas will not come close to the money you save in the price of the SUV.ITs big profit for Detroit,many jobs saved,and the economy will benefit.
A four wheel drive may not be a necessity. I have a honda civic with traction control and so far, its been great.
FORDMAN

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Jan 5, 2009
Yeah well can a Civic tow at least 10,000 lbs.

ridgefarm Il

#19 Jan 6, 2009
FORDMAN wrote:
Yeah well can a Civic tow at least 10,000 lbs.
No, but my silverado can. But its parked most of the time. The civic is my contribution to turning the arabs back into camel jockeys.
BCOM

Spruce Grove, Canada

#20 Jan 6, 2009
I wouldn't buy any new vehicle because you cant get warranty from a tits up company!!!! and a new f 150 ... wait till you get a $3000.00 bill to change your spark plugs!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Henry Fonda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tribute website (Jun '11) Jun '11 Kelly 1
News 'The Boston Stranglers' flick gearing for fall ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 AILES FIFTH COLUMN 1
News Classic Car Week: La Dolce Vita showcases car u... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Nobama 1
News The wizardry of 1939 films (Jul '09) Jul '09 bad boy 5
News Cinematographer, film director Jack Cardiff (May '09) May '09 DAVID A ELLIS 1
News Five coming confirmation collisions (Jan '09) Jan '09 Scott in Orlando 6
News Review: '12 Angry Men: 50th Anniversary Edition' (Feb '08) Feb '08 Juror 3 2