New Milford High graduates organize w...

New Milford High graduates organize walk to benefit South Afric...

There are 13 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Apr 3, 2009, titled New Milford High graduates organize walk to benefit South Afric.... In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

New Milford High 2005 graduates Brittany Nisco and Lauren D'Iorio want people to come take a one-mile walk around their alma mater on Saturday afternoon -- rain or shine, preferably barefoot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

conficker 4

Valley Stream, NY

#2 Apr 3, 2009
it would be nice if they were working to raise money for local unemployed families. but hey, cell phones for south african women with HIV is a far better cause.
feet

Cold Spring, NY

#4 Apr 4, 2009
next time your going to show the world your feet please get a PEDICURE !... gross
John

Burlington, VT

#5 Apr 4, 2009
This is nuts. Help your neighbors not foreigners.

Since: Dec 08

Rocklin, CA

#6 Apr 4, 2009
New Milford High 2005 graduates Brittany Nisco and Lauren D'Iorio want people to come take a one-mile walk around their alma mater on Saturday afternoon -- rain or shine, preferably barefoot.

Boring...to much Oprah
Sagittarius

New Britain, CT

#7 Apr 4, 2009
Actually, this organization has been around for a couple of years now. You really think people around here would donate a dollar for each person who shows up for ANYTHING? Please.

This is for an excellent cause - TOMS shoes used to be involved in this as well, every time you bought a pair of shoes they would donate a pair of shoes to a child in South Africa.

Yea, our own country needs help, but we have the means of helping ourselves. These people don't.

What harm is this doing? Can you guys do anything but complain? If you think families in our town need help so bad, get off your lazy asses and organize something yourself. Otherwise, shut your goddamn mouths and quit your bitching.

Brittany and Lauren - I don't know you guys, but I think this is awesome!
feet

United States

#8 Apr 4, 2009
raise money to get a pedicure
Lil

Southington, CT

#9 Apr 4, 2009
That was the nastiest picture to see first thing in the morning. Gross.
Annie

Burlington, VT

#10 Apr 4, 2009
At least wash your feet.
HereinCT

AOL

#11 Apr 4, 2009
What an awesome thing these young ladies are doing. At least they are not posting nasty comments on this site. They are supporting others. We are on this earth to take care of each other. I'm sure they will continue to do great things.
Lil

Southington, CT

#12 Apr 4, 2009
"We're on this earth to take care of each other"??? Uh....ok. My tax bill this year tells me I take great care of other people, so I'm here to have fun.
Tar-Heel

United States

#13 Apr 4, 2009
I love a good looking pair of womens feet but these feet you put in the paper today made me sick.

Plain nasty, put some shoes on.
NM grad 2004

New Milford, CT

#14 Apr 5, 2009
It's amazing how ignorant so many of you are....
First, their feet are supposed to be dirty to emphasize the fact that they walked barefoot to help support other humans in the world.
Second, At least these girls are helping someone, instead of sitting here commenting...how about you get off your asses and try to raise some money for a worthy cause.
Know what you are talking/reading about before you get on here and talk out your ass!
kewlDeal

New Haven, CT

#15 Apr 6, 2009
It is a problem when people believe their entire world centers on their tax dollars and their own comfort. I agree with Sagittarius that we have the means to take care of ourselves, others don't. And if you think this morally conscious picture was shown "to the world" you are probably one of those who think our local news are 'world news', another indication we are completely self-absorbed.
I have monitored the papers and news chanels in CT and NY for the past couple of weeks and I have not seen a single headline story that depicted life OUTSIDE the US. This was a first - well done!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flashback! Watch Hanson make TODAY debut in 1997 (Apr '15) Apr '15 musicjehad 1
News All grown up: Hanson still catering to its fans (Oct '13) Oct '13 The Truth 6
News Jonas Brothers: The boys have a band (Jul '09) Aug '13 RiotAct666 15
News LV Music: Review: Hanson shows a lot about itse... (Nov '10) Nov '10 hennypennyhag 2
News Former Eastview High School musicians get song ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 How very very cool 2
News Justin Bieber Is 16 (Mar '10) Sep '10 Calco 3
News Devoted Hanson Fans Camp Out At Tulsa's Cain's ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Taylor 1
More from around the web