Footnotes: Tales of life in a cult

Jun 13, 2009 Read more: Carlsbad Current-Argus 11
The Emperor's New Clothes," by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen, is a familiar cautionary tale about not taking things at face value. Read more
Rudra Tamm

Mandan, ND

#1 Jun 16, 2009
Ms. Nieman's comments are so "right on" that it seems she must have had first hand knowledge of cults. The guru was a narcissistic megalomaniac, with an unbridled desire for name and fame. Yet he seemed to have some occult power and was certainly charismatic. A number of ex-disciples have written about Sri Chinmoy, and about their own spiritual search after leaving the cult on a Yahoo Groups site Sri_Chinmoy_Information.
Diamond Dave

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Jun 16, 2009
Kinda like Obamas new clothes?
DocMoc

Dallas, TX

#3 Jun 16, 2009
Diamond Dave wrote:
You know CZ Dave, you probably shouldn't really be saying anything about Obama's attire. We all know it is you you are speaking of with "those clothes". Don't deny. It's OK.
Kornback Rattler

Artesia, NM

#4 Jun 16, 2009
Diamond Dave wrote:
I could only think of this garb DD.

http://images.google.com/imgres...
-
Diamond Dave

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Jun 16, 2009
DocMoc wrote:
<quoted text>You know CZ Dave, you probably shouldn't really be saying anything about Obama's attire. We all know it is you you are speaking of with "those clothes". Don't deny. It's OK.
You can't even string a sentence together can you punk? If you ever made sense, your head would implode.
DocMoc

Grand Prairie, TX

#6 Jun 16, 2009
Diamond Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even string a sentence together can you punk? If you ever made sense, your head would implode.
Do you mean like yours so often does, CZ?
2 eyes wide open

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Jun 16, 2009
Diamond Dave wrote:
Now that's funny... Way to go..
DocMoc

Grand Prairie, TX

#9 Jun 16, 2009
2 eyes wide open wrote:
<quoted text>You got that right! docmac is an OLD Hispanic fart who has a date tonight with Mr. Brad Light he agreed to play DOGGIE and Brad said he would let him ware his black spiked collar with chain and all.. What do you think about that...Oh so my question is, can he still qualify to be called punk?? I though punk was for a much younger person..Yes/no
Usted es un inútil, estúpido mexicano. Su vida debe ser tan miserable. Seguir intentando mantener. Es un poco gracioso, grasos. Usted es un seguidor.
Diamond Dave

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Jun 16, 2009
DocMoc wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean like yours so often does, CZ?
De veras que DocMoc es el hijo de la gran PU TA?!
DocMoc

Grand Prairie, TX

#12 Jun 16, 2009
Diamond Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Agradable trata. Pero usted está completamente equivocado. Usted no sabe absolutamente nada acerca de mí o acerca de que soy. Como la mayoría de los materiales usted habla de.

Tener una buena noche, tonto. Ha sido divertido.
2 eyes wide open

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Jun 17, 2009
Diamond Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to go!!!Have lots of fun he is so easy...Just throw a BONE his way and he will fetch it. Just ask Brad, he will tell you how docmac who is really ( LitSgt.Shultzie ) likes to play with BONE's if you know what I mean... Anyway I'm about done with him.. He is to old and can't keep up with me. Just like an OLD FART he BLOWS away with the wind until he comes back with another name...But you just have Lot's of FUN and DON'T play NICE he like's it a LITTLE BIT HARD, if you know what I mean.... BYE.. I'm going to try and be nice now...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hans Christian Andersen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Icahn makes populist appeal to eBay shareholders (Mar '14) Mar '14 Philip Cohen 2
News Police: Man buys beer, leaves baby behind (Jun '13) Jun '13 San Diego 2
News Unknown Andersen fairy tale found (Dec '12) Dec '12 I fish 28
News Philippines Liveaboard - Hans Christian Anderse... (Jul '11) Jul '11 aswa 2
News Happy Birthday, Hans Christian Andersen, Poet a... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Lucy 2
News Who will admit the stimulus package has no clot... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Scott 5
News 'The Emperor and the Nightingale' at Artisan Ce... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Baye Buck 1
More from around the web