O'Neil: Denmark is home to fairy tale...

O'Neil: Denmark is home to fairy tales, flowers and fantastic flavor

There are 1 comment on the The Times Herald story from Aug 3, 2008, titled O'Neil: Denmark is home to fairy tales, flowers and fantastic flavor. In it, The Times Herald reports that:

WELKOM IN KOPENHAGEN, DENEMARKEN ... "Welcome to Copenhagen, Denmark." What comes to mind when you think of Copenhagen? Maybe you think of the 19th century writer of world famous fairy tales, Hans Christian ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times Herald.

Since: Nov 06

Metz, France

#1 Aug 3, 2008
What comes to mind when you think of Copenhagen? Maybe you think of the 19th century writer of world famous fairy tales, Hans Christian Andersen. A large bronze statue of the little mermaid, one of his most beloved characters, graces Copenhagen's rock-strewn harbor shoreline. It's a custom for children to have their picture taken as they hug the statue. Her bronze shoulders shine brightly, worn from all the small hands that have caressed her.

There is a concrete boardwalk and narrow park that run along the water's edge behind the statue. Tourists and locals gather there to enjoy the summer's sunshine, the sea air and the musicians who perform for donations tossed into their hats.

----------

Am not sure they are discribing Simons Copenhagen !

Cute article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hans Christian Andersen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Icahn makes populist appeal to eBay shareholders (Mar '14) Mar '14 Philip Cohen 2
News Police: Man buys beer, leaves baby behind (Jun '13) Jun '13 San Diego 2
News Unknown Andersen fairy tale found (Dec '12) Dec '12 I fish 28
News Philippines Liveaboard - Hans Christian Anderse... (Jul '11) Jul '11 aswa 2
News Happy Birthday, Hans Christian Andersen, Poet a... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Lucy 2
News Footnotes: Tales of life in a cult (Jun '09) Jun '09 2 eyes wide open 11
News Who will admit the stimulus package has no clot... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Scott 5
More from around the web