In tune with feelings

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

Those walking on the sidewalk strain to see if they can spot the men and women playing the guitars.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Big John

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

You can bet this one will fall through the minute someone else's tune makes it to number one.

These groups are for song stealing! A friend of mine was there, didn't get a t-shirt.

They went to one of these groups and the next thing they knew, their song was everywhere.

Won't happen again, it just so happened they were smart enough to give them a try on one of their lesser ones! So they didn't get much!

Typical America: Can't think for yourself, so let's steal and remake movies from the 30's and 40's; steal the ideas so all the money is ALL our own.

Tell me, what is wrong with giving a person their due? Is it worth all that much to you?

Isn't 50% of something better than 100% of nothing?

That is why no one gets anywhere!
Don Henson

Ashtabula, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Kim, Thanks so much for the wonderful article!
beverly

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

I know one of these song writers personally and let me just say he lives and breathes his music. His songs are all his own. From writing the lyrics and creating the tune to recording the whole thing himeself, this man is a one-of-a-kind musician to the max. I love to hear him play and sing, and from what I can tell, all his buddies are in the same category.
Hutchette

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

This Songwriting group has given me more than any writing or music class could ever give. There is a support system and a true love of the craft that is shared by friends. There is no stealing, and no competition. The quality of this group is definately one to be proud of. Meetings are only a part of what this group does for the community. There are Fundraisers and Showcases and I am glad that this article can let others know we are here. Thank You Kim and Ken
John Hutchens

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

I'm not sure what kind of experience this "Big John" guy went through, but I can be pretty sure that none of our members were involved.
This group has helped out a lot of people inside AND outside the membership. It really pains me to see someone coming down with both feet on something they know absolutely nothing about.
I am sure he has had bad expereiences before but, just through the closed minded comment that was just made, he seems destined to have a lot more of them.
We welcome everyone who wants to know what we are about into our group.
No one is required to participate in any way...everything we do is voluntary. I myself haven't presented a song recently because I 've been very busy with work. BUT I hope to get one together shortly. I have absolutely no fears that anyone else will publish it. If that is a real fear,of yours, copyright it we'll even help you with that!
ripped off

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

It is just one more thing that Kelly Steele had started then stole from the members. I am glad it has been removed from her place of buisness and placed on level ground
Don Henson

Ashtabula, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

ripped off wrote:
It is just one more thing that Kelly Steele had started then stole from the members. I am glad it has been removed from her place of buisness and placed on level ground
Kelly Steele didn't start the circle and had nothing to do with it. I'm not sure where you get your information or exactly what you are referring to... the article simply stated that many of us met at the business that Kelly was involved in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hank Williams Sr. Discussions

Search the Hank Williams Sr. Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Claude King Dead: 'Louisiana Hayride' Member Wa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Old Sam 1
Lydia Loveless Talks Classic Punk Versus Modern... (Oct '11) Oct '11 barron pilgrim 1
Totem Pole Playhouse's 'Lost Highway' a journey... (Jun '11) Jun '11 glad to be 1
Megan Peeler making strides (Apr '07) Feb '11 The other Megan 21
Staggs' antique car makes the movies (Mar '10) Mar '10 Ann 3
Fort Wayne area bands do the legends at 'Down t... (Feb '10) Feb '10 LWB 1
Carrie Underwood - Play On (Nov '09) Nov '09 big d 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••