Revenge of the 60-Year-Old Has-Beens

Revenge of the 60-Year-Old Has-Beens

There are 10 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Oct 14, 2011, titled Revenge of the 60-Year-Old Has-Beens. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Annoying, preposterous 60-year-old white men are making life miserable for everyone else.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Mission Viejo, CA

#1 Oct 16, 2011
I guess people do not know the word "retire" and know when it is time to get out of the business and let the younger talent come in.
Victor Peters

Woodinville, WA

#2 Oct 17, 2011
discocrisco wrote:
I guess people do not know the word "retire" and know when it is time to get out of the business and let the younger talent come in.
Sorry but the younger talent sucks.Just compare Sir Paul to Jusin Beiber for example.No need for Paul to retire when he is still able to do what he loves and still do it well.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#3 Oct 17, 2011
I would like to have many Pauls at their twenties. Anyway, should we have more respect to people like Paul, Mick(Jagger), etc? They are not trying to steal fame and glory from the younger ones. They are doing this just to be alive and get an applause from the guys of their generation. And many younger ones...Tell me...What things do you find wrong? They satisfy a large number of people. An untalented 20 year old would not do that. But, Paul, Mick, Neil Young etc, would do it despite their wrinkled body.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#4 Oct 17, 2011
their wrinkled bodies, sorry.
Sunshine Ribbons

Birmingham, AL

#5 Oct 17, 2011
I hate Justin Bieber.
Benny Hempster

Bothell, WA

#6 Oct 17, 2011
Hail to the older rockers because todays music sucks big time.No one comes close to the Beatles or Stones today.No super groups out there we need more groups like Led Zepplin and Bad Company instead of the wimpy crap that's being played now.
TAKE IT EASY

Rimouski, Canada

#7 Apr 27, 2012
Who cares? their all rich, and your just a small taxpayerbarely getting by.
Big Daddy

Bothell, WA

#8 Apr 27, 2012
I say let them play as long as they still can. The new bands are wimpy and not much talent. The Beach boys and BB King still have what it takes so does Sir Paul.
Greg

Greece

#9 Apr 27, 2012
Why some people don't understand that it's not the "old" men that don't let the young ones to shine. It's their talent that is eternal, immortal, enduring, everlasting...Don't you agree that the new Beach Boys song has something "else" that overshadows other shit age, shit hop, shit rock, shit pop, shit dance hits? Don't let me be misunderstood:There are not bad styles or bad genres of music. Only good songs and bad songs.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#10 Apr 27, 2012
Young people are intellectually and emotionally stagnant because they've never read Proverbs. Dope has a lot to do with it, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hank Williams Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Assault case against Hank Williams Jr. goes to ... (Sep '06) Mar '17 Anonymous 156
News Hank Williams Jr. files for divorce (Feb '07) Feb '17 Rock star 58
News Tennessee wildfire benefit just latest philanth... (Jan '17) Jan '17 mariemonroecounty 2
News Concert Review | Hank Williams Jr.: Hat changes... (Oct '10) Jul '16 cook21 2
Co workers (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ursula 2
"Country State of Mind" (Oct '14) Oct '14 ButlerWarrenWrest... 1
News Hank Williams Jr and Brantley Gilbert Headline ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Skwat2p 1
More from around the web