The Ronettes, Patti Smith Inducted In...

The Ronettes, Patti Smith Inducted Into Hall of Fame

There are 32 comments on the WRLX-FM West Palm Beach story from Mar 13, 2007, titled The Ronettes, Patti Smith Inducted Into Hall of Fame. In it, WRLX-FM West Palm Beach reports that:

The incredible disappearing Van Halen created the biggest buzz as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame gathered for its annual induction at the Waldorf-Astoria Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WRLX-FM West Palm Beach.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
honest g

Vashon, WA

#24 May 17, 2007
Destroyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please!! That female-lookin' Austin Powers is about as awful as Janis Joplin. Patti Smith?
How about Patty Smyth from Scandal? Now that chick could sing.
I agree-I always like Patty Smyth from Scandal-she had that cool rasp to her voice-and some sort of sexy cute sound...and she looked like a fun scrappy chick. BUT-Patty smith? Who is that no tallent rogue. I mean-if you give an ugly chick a 3 chord pattern to puke over-inevitably you are going to have some loser think its original. Havent we all seen 3 chord bands that suck-but they have a following of people who live in their parents basement-you know what I mean. Sort of like coffin bitches-weraing the white makeup and black clothes-really just some cast out losers-but their only nitch is to look like a cast out loser-so somehow they think its cool?

patty smith sucks...patty smyth rocks...
honest g

Vashon, WA

#25 May 17, 2007
whaat wrote:
I'll have to agree with Honest G. She never had any talent.
Ultimately, the girl sucks.
People have some sort of sympathetic complex when it comes to ugly hippy chicks. Seriously-that woman is nothing-She couldnt play my buddies bar on a monday-if it werent for the pitty people that follow her.

God damn that was THE SINGLE worst performance I have ever seen-and I have seen alot. I was stunned-out of all the people that would like to be their-this stinky petculli wearin skank tank wonders out with a heroin needle in her arm-and the dorky know nothings of the world rejoice-because finally someone with less talent than them is on stage-so it makes them feel better about the fact that music is a form of art and emotion that escapes them completely. Their null and void opinions on talent-are as unimportant as a dirt clod in Kansas-and then here comes patty "the stinky ho" smith. Then these dirt clods suddenly look better.

I no...we arent wrong about this-you will never find a patty dyke cd next to a Van Halen cd in a collection-unless its someone who wants to hump stinky hippy chicks...or dirt clods...
Destroyer

River Grove, IL

#26 May 19, 2007
honest g wrote:
<quoted text>
People have some sort of sympathetic complex when it comes to ugly hippy chicks. Seriously-that woman is nothing-She couldnt play my buddies bar on a monday-if it werent for the pitty people that follow her.
God damn that was THE SINGLE worst performance I have ever seen-and I have seen alot. I was stunned-out of all the people that would like to be their-this stinky petculli wearin skank tank wonders out with a heroin needle in her arm-and the dorky know nothings of the world rejoice-because finally someone with less talent than them is on stage-so it makes them feel better about the fact that music is a form of art and emotion that escapes them completely. Their null and void opinions on talent-are as unimportant as a dirt clod in Kansas-and then here comes patty "the stinky ho" smith. Then these dirt clods suddenly look better.
I no...we arent wrong about this-you will never find a patty dyke cd next to a Van Halen cd in a collection-unless its someone who wants to hump stinky hippy chicks...or dirt clods...
That skank needs to go back to her trailer home. What makes her so special and influential? She couldn't hold Eddie's jock. So the HOF omitted Journey for this stinkin' ho? Journey's music definitely transcends anything she's ever done artistically.
honest g

Vashon, WA

#27 May 19, 2007
Destroyer wrote:
<quoted text>
That skank needs to go back to her trailer home. What makes her so special and influential? She couldn't hold Eddie's jock. So the HOF omitted Journey for this stinkin' ho? Journey's music definitely transcends anything she's ever done artistically.
Journey I could understand-what musicianship=like em or not you have to conceed on that point-and skip the ballads-journey has some cool shit...its the ballads that brought their image down. Its simple-lets see a competition-patti smith-and pick journey or any other band-lets see who gets the bigger applause-at least let us make some sort of decision-but the HOF is a joke-its founder Omette whatever was an amazing dude-but the hof is not. Omette is responsible for led zepplin getting together in the studio-and being left alone to do what they wanted-but patti smith? God damn please-I have to puke now.
Mr X

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Aug 9, 2007
I'm glad that Patti Smith is getting the recognition that she deserves. Van Halen is a horrible band and so are all of the performers in it. :)
fishwig

United States

#29 Aug 9, 2007
Her middle name was Patti, first name allbif
one thing we guys could probably agree upon, is that bitch needed to nair her pits, she had the full Alan Iverson corn row pits, I once had a scratch n sniff poster, and she smelled like steamed forskin lightly breaded of course, sorry you Vegans. P. Smith ..... GONGED
babycakes

United States

#30 Dec 22, 2007
patti rocks.

“Dirk Duncum”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown

#31 Jan 4, 2008
Im disturbed to read these blasphemous comments about a true Rock 'N' Roll Queen Patti Smith!

And, don't be dissing my REM either!
Henry

Netherlands

#32 Jan 4, 2008
Patti Smith my arse.

“Dirk Duncum”

Allentown

#33 Feb 14, 2008
Destroyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Ha! Ha! This is the most absurd comment I ever read. You people who negatively criticize Patti Smith know nothing about true rock "n" roll!

“Dirk Duncum”

Allentown

#34 Feb 14, 2008
Mr X wrote:
I'm glad that Patti Smith is getting the recognition that she deserves. Van Halen is a horrible band and so are all of the performers in it.:)
Now look! These wankers on here have no taste and diss Patti Smith and REM but Van Halen is not bad. I like them.
BGA

Henderson, CO

#35 Feb 18, 2008
Patti Smith
No Talent
WTF is she doing in the HOF
Shows you what a Joke the RRHOF really is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News [News] DJ Whoo Kid Talks 50 Cent's New Album, S... (Nov '11) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
News Foster care connects Grandmaster Flash with tee... (Aug '08) May '13 fekri kram 3
News Sylvia Robinson, 'The Mother of Hip-Hop,' passe... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Hubert Lester 1
News Gil Scott-Heron Is Back! (Nov '09) Nov '09 Frank 27
News Public Enemy tops VH1's greatest hip-hop song list (Sep '08) Apr '09 Lightman 4
News Big Daddy Kane, Melle Mel, KRS-One's NYC Takeov... (Aug '07) Dec '08 Ted low 3
News Pet Shop Boys are social satirists, not rappers (Nov '08) Dec '08 Wally Guzzer 3
More from around the web