The Ronettes, Patti Smith Inducted In...

The Ronettes, Patti Smith Inducted Into Hall of Fame

There are 32 comments on the WRLX-FM West Palm Beach story from Mar 13, 2007, titled The Ronettes, Patti Smith Inducted Into Hall of Fame. In it, WRLX-FM West Palm Beach reports that:

The incredible disappearing Van Halen created the biggest buzz as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame gathered for its annual induction at the Waldorf-Astoria Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WRLX-FM West Palm Beach.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sue

Alkmaar, Netherlands

#2 Mar 17, 2007
Patti Smith is the best. Never heard a more inspired singer.
honest g

Seattle, WA

#3 Mar 17, 2007
She is an ultra marroon. Please dont mention that no talent hippy in the same sentence with van halen. Even though we maybe upset with VH we sure as hell hate that waste. How long did that crack ho talk on the stage about how she changed music? She most definately does NOT rock and if i had to listen to her at a small venue I would leave.
Jeff

Carthage, NY

#4 Mar 17, 2007
Honest g 100% correct again. Patti Smith is a fuck-- joke. I'm old enough to remember when she was supposed to relevant. She has no talent and I felt embarrassed for her. My wife didn't know who she was and couldn't beleive how shitty she was. She thought it was a joke when she was inducted. I had to tell her it was serious. There is no rhyme or reason for her to be anywhere near the HOF. Another example of why the hall shouldn't be taken seriously..
Jeff

Carthage, NY

#5 Mar 17, 2007
Who was that dude from American idol who sang "she bangs". William Hung. Just 28 more years and he can be inducted. I think that dude is better than Patti Smith, and I'm not kidding..Rock on William Hung
honest g

Seattle, WA

#6 Mar 17, 2007
LOL-william hung at least is entertaining. She reminded me of the person that walks around all stinky bumming bud and telling you how great of a musician she is-and she has some dumbass boyfriend play 3 chords behind her as she wails nonsense..then gives a half our disortation on why she used the word "the" in the chorus...LOL-that dumb crack ho got more time on stage than anyone. If you like her-you have no musical taste I am sorry.
Sue

Alkmaar, Netherlands

#7 Mar 17, 2007
No, it must be straightforward American rock or that stinkin' R&B rubbish. No way, Jeff and Honest G... Now you're out of line. Better star dancin'
honest g

Seattle, WA

#8 Mar 17, 2007
LOL-any VAN HALEN fans in here think patti smith rocks.??? your in the wrong post baby...
honest g

Seattle, WA

#9 Mar 17, 2007
come to a van halen post and say patti smith rocks...you have got to be so out your mind ....go back in that drug den you crawled out of. REM sucks too...what a boring cardboard sound....find the patti smith post...ok?
Jeff

Carthage, NY

#10 Mar 18, 2007
yeah sue. Nobody here wants to hear about some smelly homeless hippy. Go shave your armpits and listen to some gay German techo and start your own post..
Marshall

AOL

#11 Mar 18, 2007
honest g wrote:
She is an ultra marroon. Please dont mention that no talent hippy in the same sentence with van halen. Even though we maybe upset with VH we sure as hell hate that waste. How long did that crack ho talk on the stage about how she changed music? She most definately does NOT rock and if i had to listen to her at a small venue I would leave.
What a horrible performer. It was literally painful listening to that skank attempt to sing.
honest g

Seattle, WA

#12 Mar 18, 2007
Damn glad I wasnt alone in that PAIN-no talent skank. LOL jeff...gay german techno...yikes....maybe that will be inducted next. [email protected] hor of fame. Sammy and Mike ROCK-VH rocks...damn it. We need some more ROCK!!!
tha bomb on you

United States

#13 May 6, 2007
Patti Smith has done more for the current state of Rock since 1978 longer since all of you wankers were in yer little diapers! VAN HALEN aint NOTHIN without David Lee Roth and you all know it! Patti Smith kicks all yer little asses into the shithole you came out of! GET REAL ! SHE ROCKS FOR REAL !!!
tha bomb on you

United States

#15 May 6, 2007
Patti Smith We Love You!!!
tha bomb on you

United States

#16 May 6, 2007
Jeff wrote:
yeah sue. Nobody here wants to hear about some smelly homeless hippy. Go shave your armpits and listen to some gay German techo and start your own post..
YOU ARE DEAD WRONG JEFF!
tha bomb on you

United States

#17 May 6, 2007
honest g wrote:
Honest G YOU ARE DEAD WRONG!!!!
tha bomb on you

United States

#18 May 6, 2007
Marshall wrote:
<quoted text>
What a horrible performer. It was literally painful listening to that skank attempt to sing.
MARSHALL YOU ARE DEAD WRONG! VOODOO ON YOU!
tha bomb on you

United States

#19 May 6, 2007
Sue wrote:
Patti Smith is the best. Never heard a more inspired singer.
SUE GOT IT RIGHT!
PATTI SMITH ROCKS SUPREME!!!
Destroyer

Basel, Switzerland

#21 May 7, 2007
tha bomb on you wrote:
<quoted text>
SUE GOT IT RIGHT!
PATTI SMITH ROCKS SUPREME!!!
Oh please!! That female-lookin' Austin Powers is about as awful as Janis Joplin. Patti Smith?
How about Patty Smyth from Scandal? Now that chick could sing.
Jeff

Portland, ME

#22 May 13, 2007
And she was hot too. That is usually all the matters with female rock singers.....Sorry Ladies

“Edie Sedgwick”

Since: Apr 07

Burnaby

#23 May 13, 2007
I'll have to agree with Honest G. She never had any talent.

Ultimately, the girl sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News [News] DJ Whoo Kid Talks 50 Cent's New Album, S... (Nov '11) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
News Foster care connects Grandmaster Flash with tee... (Aug '08) May '13 fekri kram 3
News Sylvia Robinson, 'The Mother of Hip-Hop,' passe... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Hubert Lester 1
News Gil Scott-Heron Is Back! (Nov '09) Nov '09 Frank 27
News Public Enemy tops VH1's greatest hip-hop song list (Sep '08) Apr '09 Lightman 4
News Big Daddy Kane, Melle Mel, KRS-One's NYC Takeov... (Aug '07) Dec '08 Ted low 3
News Pet Shop Boys are social satirists, not rappers (Nov '08) Dec '08 Wally Guzzer 3
More from around the web