Closed: Peter's, Babylon; Tennessee Jack's, E.Islip

Dec 16, 2008 Full story: Newsday.com 57

Remember when Gordon Ramsay rode into Babylon on his white horse to save Peter's Restaurant and civilize its ill-tempered narcissistic owner? Now, Peter's joins the list of Ramsay alumni that have shut down.

Full Story
matt h

Perkasie, PA

#37 Jul 29, 2011
probably 80% of restaurants are disgusting and should be closed. you just dont see it because of closed kitchen. You can usually tell if a restaurant is over-leveraged, however even paid offf places can be disgusting too, it's just more likely in an over-leveraged dump.
John Hillman

San Bernardino, CA

#38 Aug 9, 2011
Steve wrote:
You should be ashamed blaming Chef Ramsay. The restaurant was a total disaster and on it's last legs. They were fortunate that Chef Ramsay even stopped by. All of the restaurants that were visited were going to close anyway, and he gave them a fighting chance. This place was a total disaster in more ways than one. Put the blame where it belongs...on the owners!
None of the places that invite Gordon are thriving. They KNOW they are in trouble. A few listen to a man who has worked his way to the top, failed and succeeded again.

He knows what kills a restaurant and what makes it succeed. LISTEN to him and call for help much sooner!!!
LuCa

Italy

#39 Aug 19, 2011
Troppo sfigato Peter!
Linda

Columbus, OH

#40 Oct 18, 2011
I'm watching that episode now. Peter ... what a pompous jerk! I'm sorry for his family. I hope Peter had to find a REAL job and actually work!
jeff nyc

New York, NY

#41 Nov 27, 2011
i watch the show , for shock and laugh value, sorry for Tina sister , she was cute he's an ape , probably never hit anyone in his life, judging by his mouth and 1 old man can hold him back , lol
id love to know wher he is , hes so funny
ZOE

Massapequa Park, NY

#43 Nov 28, 2011
Gordon Ramsey, the Don Rickels of the restaurant set.

At least he can laugh at himself. I love his new commercial.
Saucheech

United States

#44 Jan 3, 2012
Someone should've taken Peter up nort for a couple two tree days, what a big goof! Madonna me!! Schieve etc.
Long Island Gal

Lindenhurst, NY

#45 Jan 3, 2012
dbest wrote:
I feel sorry for the sister, but they LET that jerkoff Peter, get away with everything. Im watching the episode right now and I couldnt eat there because Peter would turn my stomach. Ugly, baffoon wannabe. Even the suits couldnt make him other than what he is - classless.
Many Italian families (I'm Italian) make excuses for their pathetic "mama boys" sons. They raise their sons to be needy little whiners who ACT macho. They can not survive without Mommy and Sister taking care of them. I see it in my own family often. The boys are very often useless slobs.
TINA

Monroe, NY

#46 Jan 3, 2012
HELLO, IM TINA WHO OWNED PETER'S. MY FAMILY HAD HAT RESTAURANT FOR 20 YEARS! THE AVERAGE RESTAURANT GOES UNDER BEFORE 1 YEAR. KEEP YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOUR DAMN SELF. FOR THOSE WHO KNOCK MY BROTHER HERE,LIKE IT OR NOT I KNOW YOU ARE THE SAME JEALOUS $%#@S THAT WE GREW TIRED OF SERVING. ON YOUR BEST DAY YOU COULDNT ACCOMPLISH WHAT WE DID. SO KEEP PASSING YOUR NASTY REMARKS 3 YEARS LATER AND PASS JUDGEMENT. IT JUST PROVES MY STATEMENT. GET A GOD DAMN LIFE AND SOME RESOECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE AND THEIR FAMILIES.
Tony_M

Tacoma, WA

#47 Jan 3, 2012
Tina 20yrs business is something to be proud of! I would have liked to have seen your family in it's hey-day not at it's lowest moment... I don't know you but you seemed kind and honest.
I hope you and your brother find peace in whatever your doing now and if I'm ever WB I'll buy you a drink.
God bless u & yours
bill collector

Altadena, CA

#48 Jan 4, 2012
sorry Tina and everyone; if you want to know the real story of Peter Pasta, check this out:

http://cosa-nostra-news.blogspot.com/2011/08/...
Tony_M wrote:
Tina 20yrs business is something to be proud of! I would have liked to have seen your family in it's hey-day not at it's lowest moment... I don't know you but you seemed kind and honest.
I hope you and your brother find peace in whatever your doing now and if I'm ever WB I'll buy you a drink.
God bless u & yours
sdcota

Largo, FL

#49 Feb 9, 2012
I saw this episode and the revisit... I have to say that I am sorry it closed. However, if it was going to do well, then the owners have to own up and do their part. There was another restaurant that Gordon helped where the owner was just as bad as Peter. He wised up and turned his restaurant around and it was a huge success. They sold the restaurant, but it is still there... it was called The Olde Stone Mill.... known for steak. Check it out... it is in NY.
Al the Paisano

Hacienda Heights, CA

#51 Feb 23, 2012
Peter what a Jerk he would not last very long in a true Italian family. I know I met real Italian Families.
His personality is a left over from the Costra Nostra days.
He has more interest in his clothes than the working restaurants equipment.
I blame his father too as he let his buffoon son carry on this way. Add the fact that Sista Mary let him run the restaurant into the ground single handedly. There is no family there, there is a chauvinist P?G as a bad example of the the only thing Peter should be is the Poster Child of Narcissism.
He wants the glamour without the effort. Get Real He needs a Reality Check. Nice looks does not cover poison & contaminated food! They should make him eat & live in the food he serves in the restaurant.
God Bless truly responsible parents!
Wake up!
¡Lo que está equivocado con su familia para levantar a una persona estúpida como usted!¿Por qué dolería usted su familia como eso?
Al the Paisano

Hacienda Heights, CA

#52 Feb 23, 2012
Sista Tina I am sorry to call you Mary like the Saint.
It was unintended slight on Mary. The slight should be on Tina as I did not read your weak defense of "Robber Peter to pay Paul syndrome" brother.

The proof in the pudding is the closure of the restaurant. Because if it stayed open any longer with leadership like theirs there would probably a Hazmat Team every meal period at that restaurant.

Thank God it was closed! Stay in the denial zone, it is the only thing you have going for yourselves. You will need it! To get by reality!

Comment from above is great story in Cosa Nostra News Sunday, August 14, 2011
It is the icing on the cake! This is real reality what's yours?

http://cosa-nostra-news.blogspot.com/2011/08/...

And added comments
AnonymousNov 27, 2011 11:10 AM

he deserves all he gets , feel sorry for tina ,, she was cute ,
AnonymousDec 28, 2011 12:30 PM

Anyone who once made $15,000 a week and is now broke deserves what they get, for being so stupid.
AnonymousJan 4, 2012 01:10 AM

"Earning", in this context, means making money for someone else. He wasn't personally taking home $15k a week,
AnonymousFeb 14, 2012 05:59 AM

That was one of the funniest episodes of kitchen nightmares though, Peter was a real meathead! Dumber than a rock!
jtric1963

Kinston, NC

#53 Mar 20, 2012
the sorry brother broke the poor sister-----poor girl. don't blame ramsey---the brother should have been shot for what he did. he was trying to make up for his SHORT comings
jtric1963

Kinston, NC

#54 Mar 20, 2012
TINA wrote:
HELLO, IM TINA WHO OWNED PETER'S. MY FAMILY HAD HAT RESTAURANT FOR 20 YEARS! THE AVERAGE RESTAURANT GOES UNDER BEFORE 1 YEAR. KEEP YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOUR DAMN SELF. FOR THOSE WHO KNOCK MY BROTHER HERE,LIKE IT OR NOT I KNOW YOU ARE THE SAME JEALOUS $%#@S THAT WE GREW TIRED OF SERVING. ON YOUR BEST DAY YOU COULDNT ACCOMPLISH WHAT WE DID. SO KEEP PASSING YOUR NASTY REMARKS 3 YEARS LATER AND PASS JUDGEMENT. IT JUST PROVES MY STATEMENT. GET A GOD DAMN LIFE AND SOME RESOECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE AND THEIR FAMILIES.
this is a joke---this woman do not write this----it was most likely that sorry dumb a s s brother because the spelling is so bad in it.
Restaurant Junkie

Toledo, OH

#55 Apr 3, 2012
If the family couldn't identify that their jerk brother was the problem what chance would Chef Ramsey have teaching them how to fix the place? Whatever money they put into that restaurant would have been better spent on lottery tickets. The odds of success surely would have been better.
BASQUE

Australia

#56 May 1, 2012
Hi to tina and her family...i am saddened to hear that the restaurant has closed and to all da knockers how about they walk in your shoes for a mile before giving negative feedback!
BASQUE

Australia

#57 May 1, 2012
To Peter Pasta....to hell with all da knockers...i feel for ya bro...here is my email if you wish to correspond....saulspawn@ymail. com a proud basque/aussie....peace bro!
About Time

New York, NY

#58 Sep 4, 2012
I really liked Yogi. He's since passed away. RIP Yogi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gordon Ramsay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gordon Ramsay loses pub rent battle Jan 23 jules 3
One of TV's sweetest shows MasterChef Junior is... Nov '14 caroleyu 2
Gordon Ramsay stars in - MasterChef,' - Hotel H... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Bloodonhishands 1
Serbia hire Mandelson as adviser to help the co... (Jun '14) Jun '14 blimey 3
PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Sile... (May '12) May '14 Debra27 10,818
Ramsay´s Restaurant in Tenerife (Spain)???? (Nov '09) May '14 harry 65
Seascape On Kitchen Nightmares (Nov '07) Jan '14 Rita and April Kl... 2
More from around the web