Ramsay´s Restaurant in Tenerife (Spai...
Malcom

Chapinería, Spain

#42 Jun 27, 2011
Anna wrote:
Visited this restaurant in May 2011 and don't think I have ever eaten anywhere so good for so little money. The meal was fantastic. There was six of us, we all had a three course meal, a bottle of wine, 6 pints of beer, 4 vodka's, 4 minerals for 96 euro. We went two nights in a row and would have went more often if we had time. Have told friends about it who are there in tenerife at the minute and they are spending their 3rd night there tonight. Fantastic place better than any real Gordon Ramsey restaurant.
Obviously, after all that alcohol for you is the same eat fish and chips served in a sheet of paper than eat in a real GR Restaurant.
People like you, make Tenerife the kingdom of fakes.
Norman

Sidcup, UK

#43 Aug 11, 2011
I went to Tenerife last winter and Paid a visit to the 'Gordon Ramsay' restaurant on two occasions. It was clean, the waiters were good, the food was excellent and the Bill didn’t break the bank. All the tables were occupied and the consensus was that it was a great place to eat.
I am of mature years and I dine out on a regular basis. I think I know a decent place when I see one
FakeGordan

Brighton, UK

#44 Aug 29, 2011
Was told it was his restaurant as the waiters had confirmed it, the food was terrible and I knew straightaway this was not Gordans branch of restaurants. Food was rubbish...
sue

Glasgow, UK

#45 Aug 31, 2011
this was the best meal we had in 10 days at fanabe excellent delicious hot top class taste lots of food full plates better than paying £30 for two carrots two peas and a blob of mash and 1 oz of steak all drizzled in a sauce made of tomatoes and called something fancy . Ok so not real gordon but the chef gets my vote. mushroom and shrimp in garlic sauce starter to die for
Norman

Sidcup, UK

#46 Sep 7, 2011
I am off to Tenerife again on 12th September and I will again visit the so called 'Gordon Ramsay’ restaurant. I was pleased with the experience last time (value for money) and I hope the same applies this coming time.
alex

Cheltenham, UK

#47 Sep 12, 2011
Just home from tenerife, STAY AWAY FROM SO CALLED GORDON RAMSAYS.{ HORRIBLE }went for a meal here as i thot it was the so called genius guys place & it hurts me to slate him .1st course came soso .main meal came mmmmm large steak oven chips hardly cooked. my wife had chicken korma { SLOP } put a brave face on it tried to eat it , chiken still running around not cooked , told waitress about it her reply was is it just a few pieces not cooked . that was it out i went,
Gort

Kohtla-järve, Estonia

#48 Nov 21, 2011
Just came back from Tenerife, and checking the receipt, and it says 'GORDON RANSAY', so it is obviously fake.
izzy

Southport, UK

#49 Dec 22, 2011
me and my sister were in tenerife 5 weeks ago and we went to gordon ramsays and enjoyed it so much we went back for the money you were paying it was very good value wouldnt get that in this country not even in weatherspoons and our meals were great whether it is anything to do with gordon or not i would go back
irene holmes

Leeds, UK

#50 Jan 12, 2012
i think it was good value and the food was very good. But if you look closely the restaurant is called Gordon Ransey's dont know what all the fuss is about
irene holmes

Leeds, UK

#51 Feb 13, 2012
Service Shit Food Shit And That Manager With The Ponytail What a F*****G Joke.He tried to give me a voucher for a free bottle of wine the next time i came in because of the crap service we were given i told him to ram it. This Must Be The Worst Place in Tenerife.If You Want GOOD FOOD AND SERVICE go Next door to Victoria's ITS FANTASTIC
frebro

Göteborg, Sweden

#52 Feb 21, 2012
Gordon Ramsay's Restaurant in Tenerife can't be anything but fake. The food does have qualities, however - although more of a tragic joke than culinary. Lucozade sorbet! Steer well clear if your not up for realy bad cooking!
The Addisons

Birmingham, UK

#53 Mar 15, 2012
DISGUSTING !!!!FILTH !!!!THE WORST PLACE TO EAT IN TENERIFE. RUSTY TABLES, CRAP SERVICE AND UN EDIBLE FOOD......DONT GO THERE! HAD A CHICKEN MEAL THAT LOOKED LIKE SOMETHING THE CAT THREW UP.... WE WALKED OUT.
Martine and debbie

Ayr, UK

#54 Apr 10, 2012
Having just returned from Tenerife I have nothing but good things to say about this place, 3 courses for under 7 Euro should have been the give away it was not entirely above board. So it is not amazing but for the price you cant complain really now can you? Me my mum my 3 children had breakfast twice and dinner once, and all 3 times had good food, tasty and well presented, the breakfast offers chips with it but its very easy to say without chips please! At 2.95 euros how can you complain, thats less than a coffee here..... The staff were excellent and entertaining. Really stop griping about the name, had a lot worse food while there and have had some considerably worse food in England and paid a hell of a lot more for it.
Abi wareing

UK

#55 Jun 9, 2012
Just come back from Tenerife and ate at this restaurant there where 4 of us and we all loved it! great value for money and table service was great. Must say I cant believe nothing has been done about the name as it is copyright! But overall it was a lovely meal.
neil hackett

Santiago De Compostela, Spain

#56 Jul 8, 2012
ate regular at this restaurent ,all i can say it was waited and catered for at a very good place the best on that resort for miles ...
SDD

Manchester, UK

#57 Jul 25, 2012
Oliver Crevillen wrote:
I'm surprised both negative comment. I live in Tenerife and when my friends come from London we eat at the restaurant Ransay of Ternerife. The food good, and fair price for the wine list is very competent.
I wonder if there is any intention to speak evil of that which is fashionable restaurant in Tenerife.
OBVIOUSLY THE DODGY OWNER WROTE THIS - how could people be so stupid!
neil c

UK

#58 Sep 16, 2012
just come back from being all inclusive in Costa Adeje (aug 2012) we went to this restaurant twice . for 7.95 euros for a 3 course meal it was superb. what do people want for just over a fiver. mussels to start in tomato and garlic , fillet steak (yes fillet steak) in 3 pepper sauce and all the trimmings , too full for a pudding , all in all SUPERB SERVICE AND FOOD all for £5 ish ,, go and enjoy , Ramseys its not , but take it for what it is,
Family

Leamington Spa, UK

#59 Sep 23, 2012
I have just returned from Tenerife and ate at this so called ramsay's restaurant, it was terrible the guy at the door talked us in so we took the risk. How wrong we're we, the waiter was touching ladies inapropriatly, one waiter was coughing all over the food while he was bringing it to the table. My daughters and I ordered from the special menu but my son in law ordered from the al a carte menu. We ordered tomato garlic bread however when it arrived they had forgotten the tomato, it was taken back when the waiter returned with the correct order it was clear that all they had done was throw some tomatoes on and heated more cheese over the top this then making it rock hard and unable to eat. The main course came out and was just as terrible, fillet steak was more like a beef burger the bolognaise was like cat food and the 16 euro steak was like leather. We decided to complain and said we were not paying. The waiting staff were rude and talking very loudly in Spanish that we did not understand. We agreed to pay for our drinks and the starters, it still cost us 30 euros for 4 cokes and 4 bread.

DISGUSTING PLACE DON'T GO
Brodie Michaels

Nottingham, UK

#60 Sep 27, 2012
Been going to Tenerife for yrs and eat at Gordon Ramseys all the time if you thought it was the man himself and that a 3 course meals for 7.95 euros was his cooking then think again, me and my wife eat here every night we are there and the food is GREAT all the bad reviews are from ppl who thought it was Gordon Ramsey himself but some how I don't think that Gordon would do you 3 courses for the price but all in it is a GREAT PLACE TO EAT and I will defo eat here every time I'm in Tenerife ;-)
Christine Emmons

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#61 Oct 16, 2012
Well if only id have read this before travelling! we have been going to Tenerife for years and have just returned from spending 14 days for our honeymoon. Although a great fan of spanish food and supporting the local cafe's and bars we decided to try Ramseys for a change, we shouldnt have bothered! Were not the people who will eat in the cheapest of places so even though most places in Tenerife have 7.95 offers they also give yor their main menu should you not want the set menu. Upon arrival we were seated and given the set menus for 7.95 (which we didnt want)but no alternative was available, we were then given a warm crusty roll (which later we had to pay for even though it wasnt ordered) drinks were served and then we ordered. I had potato skins, fish and Lemomn sorbet. My husband had Chicken wings, Steak and ice cream...... Im not one to complain and neither is he but after attempting to eat what we could we left and retired back to the hotel where my husband became quite ill! I did suspect this wasnt a real Ramseys when we were served frozen chips and veg and the fish had a strange texture with cold sauce. All in all im dissapinted with even giving this place a chance and should have stuck to the fish restaurant at the side of the iberostar at Eugenes as the food there is exquisite! Id come home to complain when i found this site........some people will enjoy it here as we all have different tastes and peole in there did seem to be enjoying their meals, but if you want my advise stick to the other restaurants that dont try and be something they are not and you wont be dissapointed! You dont go to subway for a big mac, dont go here if you want Ramsey standard food!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gordon Ramsay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scoop: the F Word with Gordon Ramsay on Fox - W... Jul 5 Mgray5116 1
News Michelle Obama appears on 'MasterChef Junior' Mar '17 Pasquali 1
Food survey (Apr '16) Apr '16 sarah 1
News We're making tracks with chef Ramsay (May '15) May '15 Rachael 1
News Gordon Ramsay loses pub rent battle (Jan '15) Jan '15 jules 3
News One of TV's sweetest shows MasterChef Junior is... (Nov '14) Nov '14 caroleyu 2
News Gordon Ramsay stars in - MasterChef,' - Hotel H... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Bloodonhishands 1
More from around the web