Ramsay´s Restaurant in Tenerife (Spain)????

Posted in the Gordon Ramsay Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Aray Rocamora

Zamora, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

Judged:

I was on holidays in Tenerife, in Playas de Fañabe, one day i have been walking and looking for a place to eat and i came across restaurant which was called Gordon Ramsay´s. I was so happy and came in to have a great dinner, to my suprise i was shocked, first i asked one of the staff if that was one of yours restaurants and he confirmed that it is one of yours. When we ordered the food we were so disappointed as our starters bruscetta which is itallian bread was very hard and not fresh at all, then main course my friend was having pasta, her meal was like some overcooked pasta with tomato sauce form that cames with some frozen veg, I was having pork stuffed with spinach, nuts and cheese; meat was not to bad, but came cold and it was served with chips which were so cold and hard. We decided not to have dessert as we got confussed about the quality of the food in that restaurant. When we were going to pay, we gave a credit card but we were advised that they don t accept cards as it terminal got broken yesterday. We were so lucky we had cash on us as we usually using our mastercard on holidays. I have some friends who lives in Tenerife and i was told that they went there once back in August 2009 and restaurant was not accepting cards as well, coincidence with the same excuse. they were not impressed with restaurant at all. I am just so confused about that place as i know the Ramsay´s standars and it is so not like your place. could you advise me if that place is reallly having your name or it is just a cheap restautant who has stollen your name.
scotslass

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

my friend and i have just returned from a week in tenerife and would like to warn holidaymakers DO NOT EAT AT GORDON RAMSEYS IN TORVISCAS. They have obviously just pinched his name to draw in the customers. My friend couldnt eat her meal and i was more than dissapointed with mine so much so that the main courses were deducted from the bill and we were given some complimentary champagne cocktail(ugh) This place should be renamed GORDON RAMSEYS KITCHEN NIGHTMARE. BEWARE
ian master chef

Wolverhampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

Judged:

i have just come back from tenerife and visited ramseys it was disgusting tin mushrooms from a executive chef i have doubts if he put his name to lamb shanks or shit in a bag as he calls them through bookers cash & carry dont go the chef is chinese??????????
Mark

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2009

I have just come back from Tenerife with my family we stumbled across this restaurant by chance when we were looking for some where to eat. We had our doubts because of the area it was in and the restaurants around it were nothing to write home about. I asked the man on the door if the restaurant belonged to Gordan Ramsay himself and he said yes, as the restaurant was busy we thought it must be therefore the food would be good boy was i wrong. The starter was a cold Tomato soup with no bread we asked for some but they had none left, my main was supposed to be Steak however it was stuffed Pork i complained only for them to try and convince me it was steak i was so hungry i just eat it. My wife had chicken that looked like it had seen better days they served her a leg with hardly no meat on it and her veg was hard and not hot obviously steamed or frozen veg they are using.
To cut a long story short do not eat in this restaurant it is nothing to do with the Gordan Ramsay chain as i have investigated this on my return to britain and just to let you all know i was ill after and my son was sick for four days would consider legal action however it's having the time to make a complaint and follow it up.
Lorna

Barcelona, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

Yeah it isnt gordons, it is copyright that is why they cant take cards because if they register the componay when it is gordons logo and name they will be done for copyright and get into alot of trouble i went last night and we where lucky that we had cash aswell. Plus service was crap.
Kaye - South Yorkshire

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

My husband and I visited the restaurant yesterday lunchtime, we had noticed it the evening before and was suprised to see such a well known person opening a restaurant in this area. We mentioned this to a couple who were staying in our hotel and when they passed by were "pulled" by the PR guy wearing camouflage shorts and a cap, he gave them the fullspiel on how they have the finest steaks, on the changes gordon had made etc. As they had already eaten they declined the table. So with interest we went along for lunch, the same PR guy met us and followed up the steps, this was far enough at 1.30pm there were 2 other diners but not a clean table in sight, alright the tables were not cluttered with pots etc but all the white cloths had marks, red or brown sauce stains not a clean cloth in sight, none of the tables were prepared for lunch and it looked as if a party had taken place the previous evening and no one had bothered to clean up and prepare for the next day. Hence we made a swift exit and left thinking that surely Gordon would not put his nameand puzzled Why, Gordon would run a restaurant in tenerife which was totally against the ethos of his TV shows where he sees and condems dirty kitchens, unkempt staff and restaurant areas that are not welcoming and clean.
spanner

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

just walked out and into chinese nxt door
Marcus

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

I've eaten on Christmas Day in Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in Torviscas. The food good, somewhat slow because there were many people eating. The price and very good quality. I have read the previous comments and I think he is doing a trial wrong and intentionally to injure the restaurant in Tenerife.
Michelle - Swindon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Judged:

My husband and I and friends visit Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in Torviscas last week. Thinking it was an odd place for him to set up a resturant but we'd try it.

Had we not had a liter of champagne sangria in a local bar already we would have sussed soon that it was nothing to do with Gordon, the laminated ring bound menus should have given it away!!

My husband ordered the bruscetta, a favorite of his - mine has too much garlic I'm told, but having been served what I can only describe as bread with cat sick on it he now loves mine.

The ribs were okay, the chips were hard. I had prawns which were lovely although the selection of sauces was thousand island dressing! But mine tasted good, and after a packet of imodium the next day all was well.

Surprisingly the credit card machine was broken too.

After a bit of haggling, regarding hard profiter rolls with orange sauce on - they ran out of chocolate!!! Which we told them we wouldn't eat or pay for we got some money off and paid cash.

I am completely shocked that someone with Gordons powers has not managed to get it shut down sooner.

Steer well clear - do as Spanner did on 2/1/10 - go next door to the all you can eat chinese buffet 6 euros and lovely.
Oliver Crevillen

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Judged:

I'm surprised both negative comment. I live in Tenerife and when my friends come from London we eat at the restaurant Ransay of Ternerife. The food good, and fair price for the wine list is very competent.
I wonder if there is any intention to speak evil of that which is fashionable restaurant in Tenerife.
Moira Hulme

Warrington, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2010

Judged:

We ate at Ramsays twice between xmas and new year. First time was ok, althugh my husbabd who was eating steak discovered a piece of liver on his plat aswell. Next visit we took some dutch friends with us. Sadly this time the service was rubbish, the bar area was awash with dirty glasses and when the waiter (old guy) came to take away plates he lent over and tipped all the grease from late into our friens sons lap. Not Gordon Ramsay standards I think.
Dobgle Whitehaven Cumbria

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2010

Judged:

NO NO NO - Minging isn't the word. Please don't go. The best thing about the "restaurant" is the Euro a pint during the day. Rather have put the money down the drain.
Jessica

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Cumin for four days in Ramsay, the food was very good, and great value.

I dearly missed the negative comments. Comments appear to be misleading. Those negative comments are not exact to reality.

I wish there were many like this Ramsays of Tenerife. If there were tenerife Ramsays like I would be very happy because the prices are fair and the food is very good.
matthew

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

i bin comin tenerife a long time and i noticed ramsays so i fort i would give it ago n i got a horrible start and the lambshank was FULL ON SHIT IN A BIG (bookers) i cant belive its in his name i no for a fact it is not ramsays place otherwise it would be differnt
FRED

Vilaflor, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Judged:

THIS RESTAURANT IS A FAKE INDIAN MANAGED. DIRTY AND LOW CLASS PLACE ACCORDING WITH THE ISLAND.
IS CONFIRMED IN THE GORDON RAMSAY'S WEB PAGE.

http://www.gordonramsay.com/europeanrestauran...
Ben

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

Judged:

Having just returned from Tenerife I have nothing but good things to say about this place, 3 courses for under 7 Euro should have been the give away it was not entirely above board. So it is not Maze, but for the price you cant complain really now can you??? My girlfriend and I ate here twice and both times had good food, tasty and well presented, the service was excellent and entertaining. Really stop griping about the name, had a lot worse food while there and have had some considerably worse food in England and paid a hell of a lot more for it.
Jenny

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

Judged:

We have also experienced the so called Gorden Ramsey in Tenerife, we had breakfast they had no butter for the pure white toast the bacon was raw and the eggs under done, we complained and the waiter grabbed our plates and threw them down in the kitchen and then brought them back 10 minutes later and they were both incinerated, we refused to pay and walked out the only good thing is we had a free cup of coffee while we waited.
David Handley - Widnes

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2010

Judged:

I visited the 'restaraunt' on Sunday 21 March 2010 in what was the perfect backdrop to a great weekend on the keg. However, firstly I was disgusted to see that Chips were on my plate for 'Breakfast' balls deep in chip fat, on dipping the chips into my egg they didn't even penetrate the yellow eye on the egg and I know all about penetrating eyes. The toast was floppy and Rolf Harris would have been able to play it.

What annoyed me even more was that my friend ordered toast and blackcurrent jam and he was perfectly happy with what he ordered!

As a former Businessman of the Year '92 with links to market stalls and the food and beverage business I was utterly dismayed with what was on offer at the place. If I was Gordon Ramsey I would call round and give it them both barrels.

Simply unbelievable. You haven't heard the last of this Gordon Ramsey's, just a cheap imitation.

Yours in Food

An extremely angry, disgusted and vengeful

David Handley
Widnes
Cheshire
WA8
Marco Pierre Wilson

Colchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2010

Judged:

I thought it was champion.
I just love the way my toast (warm flimzy bread), mixed with the grease from the chips. Yes Chips on a breakfast and, the egg yolk was crusted. I was astounded to see that head chef Gordon had changed somewhat and become a small oriental man. Also that his maitre d, jean christophe was a small fat greasy spanish man (not quite as greasy as the plate contents).

I am not sure Gordon has ever been a fan of showing pictures of his food in his menu's a la the dog and turd pub owned by Jim and Josie. But he really did stoop this low.

He learnt none of this from me.

Marco Pierre Wilson
Michael Winner

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2010

Judged:

The caramel Slab (as pictured on the menu) was absolutely divine darling, washed down with two glasses of the pop, served by Latvia's finest!
Put the local Irish Rover, run by Sir Francis Begby to shame, and without Doubt "The Gordon Ramsey" Tenerife is up there with Claridges and The London in New York as one of Gordons signature eateries.
Calm down dear...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gordon Ramsay Discussions

Search the Gordon Ramsay Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Flamangos in Whitehouse Station reopens as The ... (Jun '09) Mar '14 george 83
Seascape On Kitchen Nightmares (Nov '07) Jan '14 Rita and April Klich 2
Lives Lived: Josef Vonlanthen Dec '13 local 1
Ramsay in vegas Nov '13 Raj 1
The Young Chefs of 'MasterChef Junior' (Sep '13) Nov '13 pitterpat 3
Ja'Nel Witt: Hell's Kitchen Season 11 Winner De... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
Closed: Peter's, Babylon; Tennessee Jack's, E.I... (Jul '09) Aug '13 Paul England 55
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••