Gordon Lightfoot refuses to slow down

Gordon Lightfoot refuses to slow down

There are 1 comment on the Erie Times-News story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Gordon Lightfoot refuses to slow down. In it, Erie Times-News reports that:

For 71-year-old Canadian singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot, concert tours are something he's done for more than 45 years, and has no plans to retire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times-News.

bob arseneault

Saint Martins, Canada

#1 Nov 11, 2010
i've been a lightfoot fan for over 30 years...i love the man and his music...i've been blessed to see him 5 times in concert.i saw him in saint john in april 2010.lightfoot was frail and his skill has diminished but it was a thrill to be close to him once again.he loves performing...he has a sincere warmth on stage.the saint john audience,including myself gave lightfoot and his band lots of love.the band is still amazing...at the end of the concert[i was in the third row]i stood up,cupped my hands and said"rick haynes,you are the best bass player in the world!"...he looked my way,smiled and bowed...i treasure that moment.i hope gordon lightfoot will continue touring as long as he is able...i recommend that you see lightfoot and his band while you still can...please don't be dissappointed that lightfoot is older and can no longer perform at the level he used to...as i mentioned he has a wonderful on stage warmth and sense of humor and there are bit's of performance majic left...give him and his band lots of love...that's what it's all about...thanks.....bob

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gordon Lightfoot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review of Gordon Lightfoot Buffalo concert 9/21 (Sep '08) May '16 Ann 98
BARRY HARVEY / Gordon Lightfoot's manager dies. (Dec '07) Feb '16 a21ronin 34
News Gordon Lightfoot explains why he wrote 'The Wre... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sneaky Pete 2
Mrs ANN (Oct '14) Oct '14 ANN 1
...FARMER is..GOD,..not (May '13) Jun '14 SHYKORA PAUL arts 4
Gordon Lightfoot history question (Mar '10) Mar '14 Antagonist of Fuzz 3
What was that Gordon Lightfoot song . . . . (Jun '13) Mar '14 Antagonist of Fuzz 3
More from around the web