Symphony has rich classical, pops slate

Symphony has rich classical, pops slate

There are 7 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 5, 2009, titled Symphony has rich classical, pops slate. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The Honolulu Symphony Orchestra has a full slate for the 2009-10 season, including a Toyota Pops bill featuring Glen Campbell, Ben Vereen and Mary Wilson of the Supremes, plus a Halekulani MasterWorks season spotlighting famous composers, plus a "Mostly Mozart" festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Cravid Attentions

Kihei, HI

#2 Sep 13, 2009
David Simons wrote:
Given all of the dysfunction stimulated by symphony musicians are these really the type of people we want to provide financial support to and expose to our children in our school systems?
Yes.
alice

Kahului, HI

#4 Sep 16, 2009
no..we don't
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#5 Sep 16, 2009
Waste of money at a time we cannot afford it.
akamai

Kihei, HI

#6 Sep 16, 2009
Participating in music, esp. classical, make people smarter. We should all be attending concerts and all students should have music in schools. I knew that music students do better in school, but here an article I just found.
http://www.musicteachersblog.com/2009/09/proo...
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#7 Sep 16, 2009
akamai wrote:
Participating in music, esp. classical, make people smarter. We should all be attending concerts and all students should have music in schools. I knew that music students do better in school, but here an article I just found.
http://www.musicteachersblog.com/2009/09/proo...
I've always heard that classical music makes one smarter. Don't know how they proved it, my theory is that people that listen to classical music just have more money, and a lot of them are alcoholics. Just a theory.
akamai

Kihei, HI

#8 Sep 17, 2009
Stumpy wrote:
<quoted text> I've always heard that classical music makes one smarter. Don't know how they proved it, my theory is that people that listen to classical music just have more money, and a lot of them are alcoholics. Just a theory.
Well, I'm kinda poor and I don't drink, but I'm going to the Bela Fleck concert on Saturday.
DADDY LAU

AOL

#9 Sep 17, 2009
WOW!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Video: Daughter of Alzheimer's victim makes tea... (Apr '13) Oct '16 Big Bad John Roberts 2
News We may be able to reverse early Alzheimer's (Dec '14) Jun '16 Deraildup 3
News Glen Campbell's Children Instigate Tennessee La... (May '16) May '16 Zonawaas 1
News What to do in Oklahoma on May 8, 2015: Hear Jim... (May '15) May '15 Carlos the Juan 3
News Glen Campbell children fighting wife's control ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Gelliescent 2
News Glen Campbell's Condition Deteriorates, Wife De... (Jun '14) Sep '14 misterr336 3
News Australian troops sent to Iraq to protect Austr... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Myth Buster 1
More from around the web