Anderson: Reprising Scully character ...

Anderson: Reprising Scully character was 'odd'

There are 6 comments on the The Associated Press story from Jul 20, 2008, titled Anderson: Reprising Scully character was 'odd' . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Gillian Anderson says getting back into Dana Scully's character for 'The X-Files: I Want to Believe' was harder than she expected.

'It was a little odd,' Anderson told Newsweek for its July 21 issue. 'It was more disconcerting than I anticipated. I expected it to be a breeze. But I tried so hard since the series ended to do things as different as possible from the character.

'When I was faced with making acting decisions on that character again, my brain started backfiring and internally combusting,' she said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Sacramento, CA

#1 Jul 20, 2008
The first movie feature of X-Files was as boring as FIRST CONTACT, with Jodie Foster. We all fell asleep.

This new one doesn't appear to be any better.

Ukhta, Russia

#2 Jul 21, 2008
If you found it the way you said then you just didn't get it. Or you're just indifferent to the characters and the movie itself.
One can like It in different ways and for different things. But those who don't, probably, see only the top of the iceberg,IMHO.
John Briner

Kelowna, Canada

#3 Jul 21, 2008
interetsing reading

- john briner

Warwick, RI

#4 Jul 27, 2008
G. Anderson was having a hard time getting into character because it wasn't as good as it used to be. That's why it was so hard for her. She knew it was crap before she started shooting it.

Warwick, RI

#5 Jul 28, 2008
Dover wrote:
The first movie feature of X-Files was as boring as FIRST CONTACT, with Jodie Foster. We all fell asleep.
This new one doesn't appear to be any better.
Hopefully your talking about Star Trek's First Contact but Jodi Foster wasn't in that movie.
But this X-Files movie is boring and not up to par with itself. What a shame.:(
AlwaysAnXfilesfa n

New York, NY

#6 Jul 28, 2008
I've loved this show so much for so long. I'm really heart broken it didnt do better. But I'm not at ALL suprised! You want to talk about "I want to believe"?! Well I want to believe that Chris Carter did NOT actaully give us a freaking STAND ALONE after SIX years since the show ended!!! I can not believe he did that!!!
I really do hope they make a third movie but this time they had better do it right!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gillian Anderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News X-Files wardrobe does not suit David Duchovny (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News David Duchovny: 'I'm open to doing 'The X-Files... (May '15) May '15 Marvin 1
News Illuminate Film Festival to screen Sold, Q and ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 MumraTheEvaLiving 1
News Mulder and Scully return as Fox TV revives 'The... (Mar '15) Apr '15 Paul Michael 2
News Researchers discover first fossils of 'weird' c... (Mar '15) Mar '15 A_Friend 2
News The truth has always been there (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Surprise Me (Oct '12) Jan '14 looker 3
More from around the web