Gillian's alien accents

Gillian's alien accents

There are 5 comments on the Daily Express story from Mar 11, 2009, titled Gillian's alien accents. In it, Daily Express reports that:

AMERICAN actress Gillian Anderson's curious accent has long been a source of confusion and amusement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Express.

mtm

Decatur, GA

#1 Mar 15, 2009
What a dumb article! Who cares about her accent. She grow up in England and then moved to America. An english accent should be expected.
jmd

Ballwin, MO

#2 Apr 25, 2009
She was born in US, lived in England for several years and moved back to US where she admits that she quickly lost any accent. She went to elementary, middle school, and high school in Michigan. College also in the US, and later lived in New York and California. She has also been observed speaking with an Australian accent in certain forums across the pond. The British accent is a put-on--she is an actress, and apparently a bit of an insecure one at that.
mtm

Ellenwood, GA

#3 Apr 30, 2009
She was born in the US. She move to Puerto Rico as an infant. She stayed in Puerto Rico until three and her family moved back to the US for a few months. Then they moved to England. So if anything, her first accent would have been Puerto Rician. Her family stayed in England for nine years. So why would she have an American accent? During the age period where she would larn how to talk, She lived outside of the US. She would pick up the accent of her friends, teachers, clerks, neihgbors and all the people around her.
Dana

Glendale Heights, IL

#4 Nov 19, 2009
who cares what her accent is, on to day to day bases my accent changes, so it is understandable that someone who spent their time in two different countries through out their life would most likely inchange those two accents depending on what setting that person (Gillian Anderson) is in.
Dave Risner

United States

#5 Nov 26, 2009
Who cares what she sounds like; She`s still my geek dreamquest. A gorgeous, sexy, intelligent, talented, and generous woman...what`s NOT to love?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gillian Anderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News X-Files wardrobe does not suit David Duchovny (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News David Duchovny: 'I'm open to doing 'The X-Files... (May '15) May '15 Marvin 1
News Illuminate Film Festival to screen Sold, Q and ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 MumraTheEvaLiving 1
News Mulder and Scully return as Fox TV revives 'The... (Mar '15) Apr '15 Paul Michael 2
News Researchers discover first fossils of 'weird' c... (Mar '15) Mar '15 A_Friend 2
News The truth has always been there (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Surprise Me (Oct '12) Jan '14 looker 3
More from around the web