'X-Files: I Want to Believe' --2 stars

'X-Files: I Want to Believe' --2 stars

There are 15 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 24, 2008, titled 'X-Files: I Want to Believe' --2 stars. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Movie stardom isn't in the eye of the beholder, it's in the percentages demanded and received by the movie star.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Cyberist

Stamford, CT

#1 Jul 24, 2008
I don't expect much from this, but the lack of any UFO nonsense is some comfort.
dirtydelinquent

Studio City, CA

#2 Jul 24, 2008
A dead-on review.
TNO

Mountville, PA

#3 Jul 24, 2008
X-files was cool in it's first several seasons before it became mainstream prime-time,the storyline got bloated and Gillian Anderson lost the spark she had in those early shows.
Vic

San Josť, Costa Rica

#4 Jul 24, 2008
I rather see this movie with all its defects, than the overly violent nonsense of Batman. People get impress when they see a lot of explosion, bombs, deaths, cruelty,guns, etc.
Veronica

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 24, 2008
People who watched the x-files regularly will find some comfort in the new movie, though if it's poorly made, even they could be disappointed. I'm still going to see it though. I miss the romance between Scully and Mulder. Sign.
honest abe

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 25, 2008
I want to believe it will be a good movie.
Eve47

Thomaston, GA

#7 Jul 26, 2008
This movie is ok. It is entertaining and has a good story line. I am not an X-File fan and normally fall asleep on films that do not interest me, however I managed to say awake for the entire film.

The film needed a little more action in the beginning. It would have been even better if the leads would have been cast with a higher level of enthusiasm. X-files is not quite the same without that. The FBI agents were in character, but Scully and Mulder seemed different. I think this was the film's intent.

It was just an OK film. By no means was it a bad flick.
Derf

Warwick, RI

#8 Jul 26, 2008
It wasn't a bad flick but it was HORRIBLE X-Files show. This film was worse than an average episode from the tv series. The Sci-Fi channel played a few "best of" episodes, a few days ago, and I got more enjoyment watching these than I did this. What a waste of time and money. Man, Chris Carter really suckered Fox into making this. I guess he needed money and I guess they are regretting giving it to him.
Dissapointed

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Jul 26, 2008
I was very dissapointed with this film, I waited with anticipation for it and frankly, it sucked!
Derf

Warwick, RI

#10 Jul 27, 2008
yes, it was a dissapointing and I'm sad that it was. But you want to know why I'm so pissed off? Because I know that they could have done better and they didn't. Nobody got up and said, "this script sucks" or "the timing is all wrong" or anything that would have salvaged this film for us. Sure some people liked it, and I really don't know how some people loved it, but if you sit back take the romance {what little there was} out of it. It was very slow paced and a truly weak story. Especailly for an X-Files episode.

“White noise in my mind”

Since: Apr 08

Palos Hills, IL

#11 Jul 27, 2008
It needed more Sci-Fi. That's all. Plus it could've been pushed at least way until August, Batman totally stole the hype.
Walter Skinner

Aurora, IL

#12 Jul 27, 2008
This movie was disappointing. Granted it's an X-Files movie so I gave it a lot of leeway, but the last part of the movie was full of coincidences that didn't make a lot of sense. There are many, many episodes of the TV show that were way better than this movie. One thing though, Gillian Anderson is still pretty hot!
Derf

Warwick, RI

#13 Jul 28, 2008
Walter Skinner wrote:
This movie was disappointing. Granted it's an X-Files movie so I gave it a lot of leeway, but the last part of the movie was full of coincidences that didn't make a lot of sense. There are many, many episodes of the TV show that were way better than this movie. One thing though, Gillian Anderson is still pretty hot!
I agree with you that there are MANY tv episodes, of the series, that are far better than this film. You would expect that the film would be one of the TOP productions produced but this one is far far down on the list.
Derf

Warwick, RI

#14 Jul 28, 2008
maschinetheist wrote:
It needed more Sci-Fi. That's all. Plus it could've been pushed at least way until August, Batman totally stole the hype.
More Sci-Fi ? It needed more STORY!
Terri

United States

#15 Aug 10, 2008
This movie was decent. It kept me entertained. The FBI agents did a good job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gillian Anderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fox Orders 10 More Episodes Of the X-Files (Apr '17) Apr '17 Yup 1
News The truth is out there: 'The X-Files is coming ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Old Sam 1
News X-Files wardrobe does not suit David Duchovny (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News David Duchovny: 'I'm open to doing 'The X-Files... (May '15) May '15 Marvin 1
News Illuminate Film Festival to screen Sold, Q and ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 MumraTheEvaLiving 1
News Mulder and Scully return as Fox TV revives 'The... (Mar '15) Apr '15 Paul Michael 2
News Researchers discover first fossils of 'weird' c... (Mar '15) Mar '15 A_Friend 2
More from around the web