Thorogood to rock Musikfest

Continuing a tradition that extends back to at least the early 1980s, George Thorogood will pay a visit to the Lehigh Valley this summer. Full Story
SmokersAreLosers

AOL

#1 Mar 6, 2009
3 chords...every song in the key of E....every song about drinking.

No talent here.
Smokeless in Seattle

Greensboro, NC

#2 Mar 6, 2009
All smokers are low life losers !
Yawn

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Mar 6, 2009
No good seeing these kinds of acts on big stages. The best blues acts and better talent will be over at Americaplatz. And they're free!
smk

Whitehall, PA

#4 Mar 6, 2009
Hope they didn't give him more then ''One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.'' to play there. He is terrible!
Big Smoker

Palmerton, PA

#5 Aug 9, 2009
He must play the 3 chords better than "SmokersAreLosers" or they would have signed him up to play the main stage. I don't recall anything about drinking in Gear Jammer, Hand Jive, Madison Blues, but maybe I wasn't listening. I must be one of the low life losers that make up about half of this country because I smoke...Great stereotype.
Therogood at Musikfest was one of the best shows that I have ever seen live, and I've seen a lot...I manage a venue. Keep Rockin lonesome George!
WeBePissy

Horsham, PA

#6 Aug 10, 2009
Wow, I think the "SmaokersAreLosers" is in the wrong forum. Sounds as if it's an ex smoker which are some the worst critics of many things as they are pissed off after they quit like a dry drunk. I'm a many year smoker and decided to quit to hopefully live longer as long as I don't get run over by one of the many people busy on cell phones while driving.
Pick on all the FAT people instead. They're far less healthy than the smokers. I wish everyone would quit smoking, but this is freedom of choice.
Do you have any idea how many more Americans would be out of work if we all quit? Then you could piss and moan about having to pay more in taxes for all the FAT peoples medical issues. There should be an extra dollar tax on that Happy meal instead of cigarettes. More people than ever before are suffering from diabetes and still shove that crap into their children and themselves. I found a mile walk and a quart of water was a better lunch than the fast food crap.
Then I'd have a smoke before returning to my desk.
The happy meal people don't do the walking. They sit on their fat asses and piss and moan about all their health issues. Then they have the nerve to pick on the smokers. I'm over 50 and have lost 4 friends not to smoking, but to the happy meal syndrome and 2 to the cell phone drivers. My smoking friends are doing fine and are cutting down.
On the George topic, nobody else can make a living playing his type of music, because one drunken 3 chord loser is enough.
The local radio DJ's wouldn't even talk about him, they spoke more about Jonny Lang.
I only take in the FREE concerts. I refuse to pay the high prices they charge for tickets when there are so many FREE concerts. Support Your Local Musicians. Ya Mon.
Aint so Bro

United States

#7 Aug 19, 2009
Well,I like George and always thought it was great he put the juke blues on the radio airwaves before Stevie Ray, really Johnny Winter was kicking all kinds of styles of blues before hand but was not getting the blusey air play.Many different styles of blues out there but his is striaght forward "gut and groin" no need to go over your head...say, such as AC/DC (same album-different album cover "qoute Angus Young guitar player") or say CHUCK BERRY.I love all blues I notice the "Khaki short"wearing suburbanite that just watched CROSSROADS and finally figured out Led Zeps early catlog was almost all Willie Dixon copyrighted material wants to get in to the "BLUES" but they can't handle the drone sounds of Mississippi hill music or the Chicago gut bucket sound of Magic Slim.The DNA of american classical music is called "BLUES" and YES it does have three chords some times even more check out Ain't Nobody's Business by Freddie King there you have "Gospel Blues" (without the gospel lyrics).Oh I love to smoke and drink and play the blues but I take periods off from both and eat better -gotta have my BBQ now again-but aways playing and will continue to perform the blues.I live the life I love and I love the life I live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Thorogood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy 63d Birthday, George! (Feb '13) Feb '13 Fact of the Matter 1
Jim Ladd Joins SiriusXM (Feb '12) Feb '12 SiriusXM_Elisa 1
Racine: 'Take your hands off me,' I said nicely... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Cope 2
George Thorogood to play East Peoria (Feb '09) Feb '09 kat 2
Classic Ad Watch: The Buick Grand National Is B... (Nov '06) Nov '06 Carman 1
More from around the web