TV's 'Newlywed Game' features first gay couple

Sep 17, 2009 Full story: Athens Banner-Herald 6

Even as states and jurisdictions made gay and lesbian marriages legal, "The Newlywed Game" has played it straight - until now.

Full Story

Since: Jul 09

Sonora, CA

#1 Sep 17, 2009
yeah yeah terrific...why did they have to make the only gay couple on the show a celebrity couple?

also I watched the show tonight...and NOW on the cards the contestants write their answers on....when they flip them over they have "E-Harmony"written all over the back.
Are you kidding me?..E-Harmony who just got sued for being so blatantly homophobic?

WTF Newlywed game?

“Visit: civillywedd.com ”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Sep 17, 2009
A similar show has be airing in Europe for at least four years. Look at the plus side, the celebrity couple appears to me as a plug from the industry, as well as, a plug for an entity trying to mend its ways. In Europe, contestants wear "Brand Names" of every stripe. Let's move gayly forward because before long...our rainbow will meld into something seen only after a mainstream storm.

Civillywedd.com
Disgusted American

Cranbury, NJ

#4 Sep 17, 2009
hmmm maybe this will give the Newlywed Game a NEW LIFE - Carney Wilson is "Ok" as hostess....but it "lacks" the Umph it used to have...also, the show is too quiet...where's the intro music,and the music that takes it into commercials etc?..and the announcer's voice...when you win "A Grand Prize chosen especially for you" .....I'll def. watch with mixed cpls.
Short Left Index Finger

Georgetown, Canada

#6 Sep 17, 2009
I used to watch the Newlywed Game as a child,but it was to sit there and laugh at straight people.just like now,when I watch old reruns of Married...With Childrn.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#7 Sep 17, 2009
Disgusted American wrote:
hmmm maybe this will give the Newlywed Game a NEW LIFE ....
I doubt it. Not going to change my viewing habits.
Short Left Index Finger

Georgetown, Canada

#8 Nov 24, 2009
I hear that they{Hollywood Producers}, want an all-gay reality show.Probably sick of all of the heterosexuals going on these reality shows,only to get divorced a few months later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Takei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George Takei Empathises With Young Illegal Immi... Jul '14 Yep2 2
George Takei Leads Columbus Pride Parade Jun '14 Frankie Rizzo 23
'Star Trek' Actor Leads Gay Pride Parade in Ohio Jun '14 Fa-Foxy 4
George Takei sees gay pride beginning in Japan Jun '14 Fa-Foxy 70
'Orange Is The New Black' Wins GLAAD Media Award May '14 Wondering 4
George Takei showcases own same-sex marriage in... May '14 NE Jade 3
Star Trek actor to receive gay advocacy award (Aug '13) Aug '13 snyper 15
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000