George Strait Concert Cancelled

George Strait Concert Cancelled

There are 111 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Jan 24, 2008, titled George Strait Concert Cancelled. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

George Strait did not perform as scheduled on the First Coast on Thursday evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#102 Jan 29, 2008
BrendaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get a life!!! You didn't even attend the show so you have no dog in this fight. Why are you so upset??? If your family is upset let them post, or call management or whatever. Whats the matter, can't your daughter fight her own battles or voice her own opinion? I am sure she didn't take grandma to show her appreciation of the scarf grandma knitted her for Christmas. She's just trying to butter the old bird up so she can get your half of the inheritance when granny croaks! Almost 5000 posts and you have only been a member for 2 months???? Do you not have ANYTHING else to do? You must be living off the state to have time to post 5000 times. Get a job! Quit using my taxpayers money to buy your crack!
1: her grandmother is middle class so no huge inheritence to worry about. 2: her grandmother isnt that old so should be around for quite some time. 3: i paid for the parking and everything else so yes i have a valid point. 4: i have been on much longer than 2 months but thats just when i made a profile. 5: i do not live off of the state so your little pittance of a tax contribution does nothing for me.

“Loving life”

Since: Jun 07

Oceanway

#103 Jan 30, 2008
scott1 wrote:
<quoted text>
1: her grandmother is middle class so no huge inheritence to worry about. 2: her grandmother isnt that old so should be around for quite some time. 3: i paid for the parking and everything else so yes i have a valid point. 4: i have been on much longer than 2 months but thats just when i made a profile. 5: i do not live off of the state so your little pittance of a tax contribution does nothing for me.
Tell grannie to get some fresh batteries in that pacemaker....they just announced Miranda Lambert will be opening the show instead of Little Big Town when King George rolls back into J-ville!!

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#104 Jan 30, 2008
BrendaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell grannie to get some fresh batteries in that pacemaker....they just announced Miranda Lambert will be opening the show instead of Little Big Town when King George rolls back into J-ville!!
id fondle miranda lambert like a catholic priest and a choir boy!
billy jole

Jacksonville, FL

#105 Jan 30, 2008
I am furious about this i mean grannit he was sick in all i dont mind that but i had to steal these tickets from an eskimo then to pay for parking i had to sell my food stamps now im hungry but when i paid for parking they wouldnt let me park my boat there. now i have to come up with another 5 dollars by april 6. i mean i sleeping under the danes point bridge cause i certainly cant afford to travel back to nepal come back so im cold hungry and poor but i cant wait for george!
Mandy

Manteca, CA

#106 Jan 30, 2008
We have tickets to tomorrow nights show in Sacramento and I am wondering if they will cancel that one too??????
Amy

Marengo, OH

#107 Feb 7, 2008
Hey Tony,
Have you actually seen George Strait drunk? If you haven't seen the visual evidence of him being drunk then do you believe it?

Since: Dec 07

Austin, TX

#108 Feb 23, 2008
You guys who are making all of these derogatory remarks about George being drunk or whatever your sick little minds want to think being the reason he had to cancel some shows owes everyone an apology. George was very sick with the flu and had laryngitis, too. My friend went to see him in concert the first show after he was sick and she said he was very thin. That's what happens to you when you have been sick with the flu....throwing up and not being able to eat. I know, I've been there! Shame on you.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#109 Mar 28, 2008
Yes, he was VERY sick! And there isn't a more truthful and honest guy in the business than George Strait and everyone who knows him personally can vouch for that.
Anna Maria Duke

Woodbury, NY

#110 Sep 19, 2010
Hey everyone!!! Lighten up!!! The poor man is allowed to get ill while performing or shall I say at work!!! I am sure he will reimburse you all! So keep your hats and boots on! He is a fantastic human being and one heck of an artist! Stop you all for being so selfish and think about "Hey I hope he feels better" or get well George, we will see you soon! Time for all of you to grow up and let him get his rest so he can perform!!!
A Wrenn

Woodbury, NY

#111 Sep 19, 2010
I hope George feels better. Give him a break for those who are dissapointed big time! He is a great performer and a "Great artist" I am sure he will perform for those who were upset about his illness!
George Fan

Voorhees, NJ

#112 Feb 26, 2012
George is the most honest and down to earth Country boys out there, give the poor guy a break. He doesn't even drink, so the horrible things that ya'll are saying are really just being mean with nothing to back it up. The poor man wanted to do this show, showed up and up until the last minute probably hoped that he could. When he found that he could not do it, he had to cancel it.

But relax everyone. The show has already been rescheduled for next week, March 3rd.

He puts on a fabulous show, so enjoy for those that are going to see him next week.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/entertainment/country...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Strait Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George Strait talks about 'Tennessee Whiskey,' ... Feb 22 brtty johnson 1
News Texas icon George Strait shares his favorite ha... Jan '17 betty johnson 1
News Hear George Strait's Biting New Song 'Kicked Ou... Nov '16 betty johnson 1
News Miranda Lambert, George Strait Unveil New Album... Nov '16 betty johnson 1
News Wrangler , George Strait Concert Live Stream Ge... Nov '16 betty johnson 2
News George Strait Doesna t think he Influenced Coun... Nov '16 annette 2
News Country icon joins George, Laura Bush for birth... Oct '16 betty johnson 1
More from around the web