George Strait Concert Cancelled

Full story: First Coast News Jacksonville

George Strait did not perform as scheduled on the First Coast on Thursday evening.
Comments
1 - 20 of 111 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

my daughter took her grandmother to this concert tonight. they did not announce it was cancelled to the ground until AFTER the first woman sung. thats pretty low. they came on after she played and said he had the flu. i doubt him not singing was a last minute thing. they should have given some kind of notice. this was her present to her grandmother and God knows when they will reschedule it. it could be next week or it could be in 8 months...shameful.
Stacy H

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

I was disapointed that George did not perform, however, I would not have wanted to see George unless he was feeling his best. I will be at the rescheduling to see the Legend perform.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Stacy H wrote:
I was disapointed that George did not perform, however, I would not have wanted to see George unless he was feeling his best. I will be at the rescheduling to see the Legend perform.
i understand that..but i still say it was kinda lame for them to wait until the middle of the show to tell everyone...they knew before then, but they knew if they announced it a day or so ahead of time a ton of people would want refunds. its going to be a pisser if they take forever to reschedule it. i personally dont like him, but i dont listen to much country music but you dont do that to people. those tickets werent cheap and people should have been told a head of time.
Phil Meup

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

He wasn't really sick,everyone knows Brokeback Mountain is his favorite movie,he is in mourning still.
tony

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

who cares..
Charles

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Let us hope he is not seriously ill.
denise

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

this was not called for... i know when i am sick and have the flu. george could have handled this differently. This was my mother's 60th birthday gift gone bad. I even got ripped off with the price of these tickets buy getting them off the computer.
DustBuster

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

I went to the concert last night too. I am not sure they knew before hand.
Wish Bone

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Maybe he can be found on...

The Seashore of Old Mexico
I was there

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

I was there also, and I do find it funny that they didn't say anything until after we spent $10 for parking and had enough time to by several high priced items from the concession stand. I believe George was sick, and hope he gets better soon, but feel they should have canceled the whole concert instead of making a few dollars off the fans before telling them.
Hiya

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

I as well went to the concert last night. I look at it as I didn't have anything else to do on a Thursday night and the other two bands was nice. Well except that Sara chick I didn't care for her to much. The only song she sang that I liked was originally by another singer. My boyfriend had a great time and as always we make the best out of any situation. I hope George is feeling better and look forward to his reschedule. I also hope they don't take forever getting it rescheduled. I wish George could have come out and told us himself or at least walked out there when they told everyone. It would have been nice to at least get a few pictures but I don't know the extent of his sickness. We wish him the best and hope he starts feeling better soon. I don't blame him for not going out and singing when he don't feel so great. I really believe it was a last minute thing. I don't believe for one second that he cancelled at the last minute so everyone wouldn't get a refund. I don't think good old George needs the money that bad. Thanks for reading my thoughts. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend...
Whit dawg

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

We all know that George was too hungover to sing?
angel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

we were at the show last night and spent 350dollars on a limo{non refundable}bought lots of beers and snacks ,souviners all that money for nothing not even a simple sorry guys by george.we will be a the next show and at least we wont have to buy any shirts....Also we are out on our baby sitter fee to .oh well we still love ya george ....we hope the people that was sitting behind us dont come to the new show very rude kids...
Country Girl

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Whit dawg...Haha that might be, or he was to drunk. I can't lie I have called in on a Monday because I got a little drunk watching the Jag's play on Sunday. I guess granted I didn't have that many people counting on me but hey it still happens.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

denise wrote:
this was not called for... i know when i am sick and have the flu. george could have handled this differently. This was my mother's 60th birthday gift gone bad. I even got ripped off with the price of these tickets buy getting them off the computer.
you are entirely correct. my daughter bought her ticket and her grandmothers ticket as her granmothers christmas present and they have been excited for a month now about last night.and i dont believe they didnt know it ahead of time. if they had, a lot of people would have asked for refunds. i dont think anyone thinks that chick who sang first or little big town is worth a minimum of of 75 dollars.
tony

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

I DIDNT GO TO THE CONCERT..DID YOU GET YOUR PARKING MONEY BACK???
G8TRS74

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Listen everybody, I know that we all wanted to see George perform last night but he was sick and had no voice. You can't fault him for not performing. If he would have gone on and it sucked everybody would be bashing him today for that. If you want to get a refund for you ticket you can. If not he is comng back and you can see him sing then. Belive it or not George Strait is human and not a robot that you can just turn on and off. I am sure that when he comes back he will give a little better performance and go the extra mile for us. PS-Did you know that George still is responsible to all the people that tour with him, that they are still paid (and now twice) on his dime? Thanks for you time. See ya next trip!!
Beach Bum

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

G8TRS74 wrote:
Listen everybody, I know that we all wanted to see George perform last night but he was sick and had no voice. You can't fault him for not performing. If he would have gone on and it sucked everybody would be bashing him today for that. If you want to get a refund for you ticket you can. If not he is comng back and you can see him sing then. Belive it or not George Strait is human and not a robot that you can just turn on and off. I am sure that when he comes back he will give a little better performance and go the extra mile for us. PS-Did you know that George still is responsible to all the people that tour with him, that they are still paid (and now twice) on his dime? Thanks for you time. See ya next trip!!
I agree with you! However, I think that we should be able to use our parking ticket again and not have to pay $10.00 for parking. I agree that he is human and if he is sick, he is sick. When I have the flu, sometimes I don't even care if the sun comes up, and maybe he was so sick that he could not come out and tell us himself that he was sick, BUT I do think that we should be compensated for our parking and not have to pay $10.00 AGAIN!!!
tony

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

G8TRS74 wrote:
who's never faked a sick day in the real world!!!!! is there or was there evidence of george actually being seen as sick or are we just taking his word for it ?? did someone actually see him??? so my opinion would be if i don't have visual evidence of him being sick then i don' t believe it...i've faked many sick days in my life for just a day off ... so if i don't see him then i don't believe it...he was probably drunk..

“Forget About the Haters”

Since: Oct 07

Jacksonville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Cheer up everyone...you're getting a check in the mail for Uncle Sam (lol)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent George Strait Discussions

Search the George Strait Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly Clarkson welcomes baby girl Jul 4 Edward Baxendale 1
....FARMER...is...GOD,..not... (May '13) Jun '14 SHYKORA PAUL arts 2
Why Carrie Underwood's Stand For Gay Marriage I... Apr '14 Carrie Underwood 1
Your Week in Music: Shakira burns veil as runaw... Mar '14 Taylor Swift 1
George Strait Ticket Giveaway Mar '14 Linda Bock 1
Miley Cyrus, Imagine Dragons among March's musi... Feb '14 Big mike 2
Top 3 Concerts: George Strait, Demi Lovato, Ver... Feb '14 Demi Lovato 2
•••
•••