Massachusetts' Senate election will b...

Massachusetts' Senate election will be a vote watched 'round th...

There are 46 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 18, 2010, titled Massachusetts' Senate election will be a vote watched 'round th.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

It's almost impossible to overstate the political significance of today's election in Massachusetts to fill the Senate seat of Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
IT DOESNT MATTER

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 18, 2010
1ST BTCHES..............LENO SUCKS
Tired of it all

South Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 19, 2010
This must be Teddy's purgatory he so richly deserved. The horned one has set up a TV just special for Teddy down there in the furnace room, and will play the election results over and over again for eternity!!!!

I know how Chris Matthews feels now. I will have a tingle running up my leg tonight!!!

This will only be the start of the transformation. The progressives have gotten a little over zealous and have got Joe Six PAC a little P O'd.

Now some HOPE and CHANGE can happen. RINO's look out also, we have your number to. Don't think you are safe, your to blame as much as Nancy and the gang.
The Dog

Lakeville, MN

#3 Jan 19, 2010
IT DOESNT MATTER wrote:
1ST BTCHES..........LENO SUCKS
Who cares? I am guessing you are 19 years old, never been on a date, have terible acne and live in your mommies basement. Now go take rest. The government say's you 7th graders should have 8 hours of sleep.
Chev Chelios

Mound, MN

#4 Jan 19, 2010
The fact that this is even being discussed is the large booming voice of middle America voicing its displeasure with liberalism, Obama and the infection they have given this county. Good riddence.
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 19, 2010
Actually, the best thing to happen would be for Coakley to win by the skin of her nose.

If the Brown wins, the democrats will be able to blame the 41 republicans in the senate for stopping this mistake of a bill and they'll be able to face the voters in the fall with that fiasco off the table.

If Coakley wins, they'll have no choice but to go ahead and pass it, wearing that millstone around their necks through the fall elections and providing the republicans with a rallying cry.
Bobs Daughter

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jan 19, 2010
Bob the Bilderberg wrote:
Actually, the best thing to happen would be for Coakley to win by the skin of her nose.
If the Brown wins, the democrats will be able to blame the 41 republicans in the senate for stopping this mistake of a bill and they'll be able to face the voters in the fall with that fiasco off the table.
If Coakley wins, they'll have no choice but to go ahead and pass it, wearing that millstone around their necks through the fall elections and providing the republicans with a rallying cry.
If you worried a little less about those stupid elections and would get the support check to Mom ON TIME we'd all be better off.
realist

United States

#7 Jan 19, 2010
The Liberal Senators and Representatives are secretly praying for a massive win for Brown. A Brown win will remove the Obama cross from their shoulders. Now they hope their citizens will not remember their support for the legislation when they are due for re-election. They simply do not have the backbone to stand up to Obama and his evil agendas. It would not be surprising if they are sending campaign funds to Brown.

“Peace the old fashioned way”

Since: Jan 09

Montevideo

#8 Jan 19, 2010
Either way a win win for the conservatives. I'd agree with you to let the dems wallow in their slop next election but the damage to this country would be to great to allow that to happen.
RYK

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jan 19, 2010
so Obama's message to the Mass voters is that they need to get out and vote cuz every vote counts. Well, why don't the Dem politicos vote the way America wants them to vote? Instead they go the way the Dem admin is telling them to go.
The Cold Hard Truth

Fargo, ND

#10 Jan 19, 2010
Bobs Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
If you worried a little less about those stupid elections and would get the support check to Mom ON TIME we'd all be better off.
The Cold Hard Truth is your post is pretty weak. Typical liberal, no answer for what is happening so post something stupid and inane with no value to the discussion. Lame.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jan 19, 2010
While I can see the "give them enough rope to hang themselves" theory. The other poster said it right in that there is a full year before any new republicans would take office after this. Pelosi and Obama can do a lot of irreversible damage in that time.
Another solution I would find interesting is if Brown won and the democrats used their delay tactics to sea him so they could push through health care.
That would send a strong message to the people that this administration isn't here to do what the people want, they are here to do what they want.
That combined with passing a useless monstrosity of a heath care bill could be their undoing for years to come.
Bobs Daughter

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jan 19, 2010
The Cold Hard Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cold Hard Truth is your post is pretty weak. Typical liberal, no answer for what is happening so post something stupid and inane with no value to the discussion. Lame.
Nice try Dad! "Cold Hard Truth". I'll tell you a cold hard truth. Mom can't do it alone. YOU need to start pulling your own weight. Take some personal responsibility for a change. Mom's right. You're a good-for-nothing. Anyway send the check soon or she's taking you to court again and she'll tell them about that videotape.
Ranger47

Estero, FL

#13 Jan 19, 2010
Regardless of the outcome, the message is already sent. I'd like to hear from a DFL'er why this is even a contest...
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jan 19, 2010
realist wrote:
The Liberal Senators and Representatives are secretly praying for a massive win for Brown. A Brown win will remove the Obama cross from their shoulders. Now they hope their citizens will not remember their support for the legislation when they are due for re-election. They simply do not have the backbone to stand up to Obama and his evil agendas. It would not be surprising if they are sending campaign funds to Brown.
Key democrats are already saying that if Brown wins, Obamacare is dead. They're looking for any excuse possible that will enable them to kill this bill without admitting their total failure in the process.
Doubting Thomas

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jan 19, 2010
<quoted text>
Key democrats are already saying that if Brown wins, Obamacare is dead. They're looking for any excuse possible that will enable them to kill this bill without admitting their total failure in the process.
One of the ploys the Dem's were hoping to try was quickly pass the bill before Brown is seated but... A number of tepid "Yes Vote" Democrats said they would vote No if the party tried that.
SLW

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jan 19, 2010
All the lies and broken promises are catching up with the Democrats. No one wants or can afford the programs the Democrats are pushing.
Pete Wendell

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jan 19, 2010
Now that Coakley is down in the polls, the White House says this election in MA is NOT a referendum on ObamaCare.

I suppose Olbermann, Matthews and Schultz will be the only 3 people in the world to believe that.

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Since: Aug 09

Twin Cities

#18 Jan 19, 2010
Hey dems! If you lose this, be prepared to have your noses rubbed in crap for the next 4 years
TheMaster

United States

#19 Jan 19, 2010
A giant repudiation of the attempted hijacking of 1/6 of the economy to put it under the control of the politicians.

In a state where registered dems outnumber repubs 3:1, they are going to vote a republican in to stop the policies of the current administration. Obama, we don't want to be like Europe. What made the US great for all of these years is incentive not cradle to grave handouts by the government paid for by the working class. I have said it before and I will say it again, this presidency will go down as even more of a failure than Carter's because the true policies that Obama wants (not what he claimed he wanted when he ran for president) are not what the majority of Americans want.

“Black Velvet & Tea Roses”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#20 Jan 19, 2010
Go mass!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George McGovern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mary Sanchez Commentary - Commentary: We still ... (Mar '07) Jan '14 Jessamine 3
News Yoko Ono opens up about John Lennon's infidelity (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jane 3
News Judge orders Cocke County tuberculosis patient ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Logic 2
News Clintons land in Haiti to showcase industrial park (Oct '12) Nov '12 juan 3
News NJ mom denies hitting boy she says bullied girl (Oct '12) Oct '12 I Hate Syracuse 3
News Family Spokesman: George McGovern dead at age 90 (Oct '12) Oct '12 i fart in yee fac... 8
News George McGovern dies, lost 1972 presidential el... (Oct '12) Oct '12 lisa yates 2
More from around the web