carrie

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Oct 25, 2006
My Aunt Dody has had a life of more downs then up,Georges Music kept her going though.She lost her youger sister, My Mother Marlene Taft in a car reck while she and her boyfriend were drivihg home drunk, she died and he lived.Dody is a recoverd alcolhalic her self for 30 years.Afew years later my Aunt lost her husban due to a heartatack, he was found by his doughter lisa.then a about 6 years ago lisa was found dead in some party house dead by a overdose of we,re not sure of.My Aunt turned to drinking again,she didnt want to, it was just to much by then,US,Meaning the family were worried about her, but understood.Lisa was the second to the yougest of 4,Two years later sandy her second from the oldest has a hard time stopping drinking.OH,she tryed hard but close to the last year her body started to give in,her liver was gone and Sandy died in Hospice,As lisa did in my arms.Dody kept drinking even harder.Aunt Dody took a trip to see her oldes doughters son,and 2 mounthes later her baby boy bobby @ 40 years old was found dead in his appartment,I JUST COULDNT BELEAVE ALL THAT WAS HAPPENING TO THIS POOR WOMEN.Well she has buried the kids all up on top of my Mothers grave where they can all be together.Dody kept drinking for sometime,till one night she just looked at her guy friend and said.Im going to go to Seattle and put me in rehab.She did this after all she had been through, i mean at 70 years old you would think she would just drink her self to death.Shes home now got canceling and has started to go to church,I am so proud of the out come that my Aunt has become.SHE misses them so and has her oldes doughter my her first merriage and she sounds great,George Jones music she pays all the time...If i was able to give her a good memorie at age 70. It would be to meet MR GEORGE JONES HIM SELF.Thank you George..........carrie
ash

Charleston, SC

#2 Jan 14, 2009
My aunt lisa is my favorite realitive including my mom,sister,meema(grandma)and nonno (grandpa).

My other first aunts are nothing!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
......FARMER..is..GOD,..not.... (May '13) Jun '14 paul shykora arts 3
Now who's the greatest living country singer? (May '13) Jun '14 jaytee 12
George Jones (Apr '14) Apr '14 Joe Sanchez 1
Penn's Peak anniversary (Nov '13) Nov '13 Spirit of James T... 6
Where there's a will, there may be a pet trust (Jan '09) Sep '13 Jong Darty 3
Tom Petty Blasts Modern Country Music (Aug '13) Aug '13 The truth 1
Randy Travis released from hospital (Aug '13) Aug '13 Estelle Lopes 3
More from around the web