Toby Keith charms 11,000 at Colonial ...

Toby Keith charms 11,000 at Colonial Center

There are 25 comments on the The State story from Mar 12, 2006, titled Toby Keith charms 11,000 at Colonial Center. In it, The State reports that:

Toby Keith's not a gifted singer like George Strait, George Jones or Conway Twitty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jessie Bertrand

Ashburn, VA

#1 Mar 30, 2006
Toby Keith is the best singer!!!!
And he is very gifted!!!!
no matter what anyone says!!!!
eekeek

Newton, NJ

#2 Apr 6, 2006
GOSH DARN CUTE TOO!!!!!
Susie

Anderson, SC

#3 Apr 13, 2006
eekeek wrote:
GOSH DARN CUTE TOO!!!!!
Toby is cute, but I do agree he is NOT a George Straight, George Jones OR a CONWAY TWITTY!!!!
cmj

Clearwater, FL

#4 May 15, 2006
I agree!! TOBY IS THE BEST IN COUNTRY MUSIC!! But he certainly doesn't get the respect or recognition that he so truly deserves. His band, Easy Money....Well those guy rock too!!
Twood

Pittsburg, KS

#5 May 17, 2006
Toby is ok, but he's not in the same league as GEORGE
proud eagle dad

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Jun 1, 2006
You're right he is not in the same league as George, or any other. He is on a level far above them all. NO ONE does even a fraction of what he does to show support for our brave family members living and working daily in harm's way. His music is from the heart as is his support of our troops. Thanks Toby for ALL you do for my son and all his brothers in arms, like them you are an American Hero.
Saint Louis

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Jun 22, 2006
Why donít I just start by saying I am not a country music fan. I was listening to Bob and Tom this morning and heard your Running Back song, about the poor guy who has to take a fat girl for the team, be traumatized because she ate everything on her plate and at 215 pounds.....a jelly roll. I thought it was one of the songs some of the comedians play on that show, and then heard them say it was you. I was thinking, that's pretty good, using your artistic creativity to insult and put down probably half if not more of the women who like your red neck, sold out music. I mean those are the people that support you for whatever that's worth. So I guess maybe you and your high school buddy are above it, and since you did write it all in fun....I hope the women who listen arenít feeling bad about themselves because you just made them think twice before finishin their dinner. I just wanted to commend you taking a social problem and exploiting it in a way I have never heard, except from maybe....the ranting of a racist or homophobe. Way to go. Or should I say WOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEE. Did you get that?(I hope I did not use any words that you donít understand...but if I did refer to a dictionary.......you know its book, with word in it.........)

The other thing I would like to leave you with....fat girls can usually lose weight, but I am quite sure you are going to be a dumb hill billy, wealthy or not, all your life. Money doesnít fix that, unless you educate yourself, which, unfortunately,....well I am pretty sure is not going to happen.

Git Ďer done

Toby Keith: Keep the faith, it's working, we will survive!

Toby Keith: Don't compromise even if it hurts to be yourself.
pitman

Pasadena, MD

#8 Nov 5, 2006
Toby Keith:

As a Vietnam veteran I'm wondering why you have so much admiration for America's "Ultimate Coward" Nugent?? You do know the coward

Nugent urinated and defecated his panties for a week before reporting for his draft board physical during the Vietnam War right?? He admits this through an interview in

the Detroit Free Press (July 1990). Now he attempts to fool the American public by wrapping himself in the flag by posing as a patriot screaming about his gun rights!

Keith asked Nugent to tour with him a couple of years ago and foisted the traitorous coward in the faces of bereaved family members who lost loved ones in the Iraq War.

If Keith is so much of a damn patriot why in the hell didn't he serve, and why in the hell is he touring with a traitorous coward?? Does he tell the troops the truth about his

beloved touring partner Nugent? If not why not?? As a Vietnam veteran I say what Nugent did is unforgivable. Hey Keith, the Dixie Chicks were only experssing their

opinions in a free country, Do you know if Natalie Maimes crapped her panties like your beloved touring partner did??? How does it feel Keith, knowing Republicans in

Congress call true patriots like combat Marine and Purple Heart winner John Murtha Cut and Run Murtha? Yet you brag and toured with a yellow-bellied coward like

Nugent. You're as pathetic as Nugent is Keith. I say "Birds of a Feather".
deannahjonesgree n

AOL

#9 Nov 5, 2006
Twood wrote:
Toby is ok, but he's not in the same league as GEORGE
Toby is wonderful and Daddy likes him too, nevertheless, you are RIGHT.
cntrylvr

Provincetown, MA

#11 Nov 7, 2006
In answer to pitman:

I'm supposing you do not know that Uncle Ted actually toured with Toby in Iraq for almost 3 weeks in 2005. And, he was very well received. This is all documented with photographs and in other media. The troops loved both of them.
Jodi Doney

Marysville, WA

#12 Nov 26, 2006
This is for St.Louis
I Admit it is a pretty interesting Song. But Please
don't Speak about Toby Keith Like That. I am sure
He Did Not Mean any Harm & I know In my Heart He
Would Never do anything to Hurt Other People's Feelings Intentionally
Jodi

Auburn Hills, MI

#13 Jan 15, 2008
Thank God Toby Keith is not in the same league with Conway Twitty. He was one of the worst country music singers of our time. Hello Darlin'
was probably his best in my opinion. George Straight is a good singer but he doesn't have the heart and soul like Toby Keith does.

I drove 436 miles from Tennessee to see Toby Keith's concert in VA. Can't wait until he comes to Tennessee. I'm a big fan.
Lyn Green

La Habra, CA

#14 Jan 17, 2008
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>
Toby is cute, but I do agree he is NOT a George Straight, George Jones OR a CONWAY TWITTY!!!!
Thank goodness for that! There's not an entertainer out there today that matches Toby for talent, looks and personality!
alynn1947

Clearwater, FL

#15 Apr 5, 2008
Lyn Green wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness for that! There's not an entertainer out there today that matches Toby for talent, looks and personality!
I beg to differ with you--there is Trace Adkins
Denise

Tulsa, OK

#16 Apr 5, 2008
Lyn Green wrote:
<quoted text>
Toby is not even in the same league as Brad Paisley!
KAC

Nashville, TN

#17 Apr 5, 2008
Denise wrote:
<quoted text>
Toby is not even in the same league as Brad Paisley!
Toby or Brad have a way to go before they can even be compared to the best ENTERTAINER that's
KENNY CHESNEY!!!!!
judy

Brown City, MI

#18 Apr 5, 2008
not in the same league with george?....i agree...this genuis not only sings his music,he writes it,edits it,does the background vocols on some new stuff,and produces his cd's!!anyone can sing....try writing masterpeices like the BIG DOG DADDY!
Denise

Tulsa, OK

#19 Apr 6, 2008
judy wrote:
not in the same league with george?....i agree...this genuis not only sings his music,he writes it,edits it,does the background vocols on some new stuff,and produces his cd's!!anyone can sing....try writing masterpeices like the BIG DOG DADDY!
Judy, you really had me going there for a minute.

I almost thought you were serious until the last three words, then I 'bout pee'd my panties!!!

At that point another one of Toby's ridiculous songs, "Pull My Chain", came to mind; heehee!

Thanks for the wonderful laugh, and you have a great day!
alynn1947

Clearwater, FL

#20 Apr 6, 2008
All these artists have wonderful qualities this bring to country while helping the fans build memories that will last a lifetime. What artist or song sparks a great memory for you?

Since: Apr 08

Clearwater, FL

#21 Apr 8, 2008
No memories? How sad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doug Supernaw (Apr '08) Nov '15 Louisiana Fan 104
......FARMER..is..GOD,..not.... (May '13) Jun '14 paul shykora arts 3
News Now who's the greatest living country singer? (May '13) Jun '14 jaytee 12
George Jones (Apr '14) Apr '14 Joe Sanchez 1
News Penn's Peak anniversary (Nov '13) Nov '13 Spirit of James T... 6
News Where there's a will, there may be a pet trust (Jan '09) Sep '13 Jong Darty 3
News Tom Petty Blasts Modern Country Music (Aug '13) Aug '13 The truth 1
More from around the web