Ringo Starr Plots New Album

May 2, 2011 | Posted by: awc | Full story: www.clashmusic.com

Ringo Starr is planning to release a new album partially based on his own life. Of the four members of The Beatles, Ringo Starr's life story has received the least attention.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 2, 2011
 
Ringo Starr: Right now, I'd rather put it quickly in a song, snippets of part of my life. Everybody talks about the Cavern Club, but in this new track, I actually mention the Iron Door, which was a much better club, it was more of a real rock club."

Ringo isn't performing any of the songs planned for the new album on his European tour, and most likely the album will see an early 2012 release date.
The Guest

Kailua Kona, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 2, 2011
 
Ringo Starr is making a new album? It will be nice.
Bubba the Saint

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 2, 2011
 
I hope Joe Walsh is on his new Album.
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 3, 2011
 
Bubba the Saint wrote:
I hope Joe Walsh is on his new Album.
Hi Bubba, all the best to you. Has Walsh announced somehow that he would like to be involved on this?
Poppa Jivebones

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 3, 2011
 
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bubba, all the best to you. Has Walsh announced somehow that he would like to be involved on this?
It hasn't been anounced but he is Ringo's brother in law.And we know that Ringo gets by on a little help from his friends.LOL
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 3, 2011
 
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>It hasn't been anounced but he is Ringo's brother in law.And we know that Ringo gets by on a little help from his friends.LOL
He knows what kind of artists would fit on his album, lol.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 3, 2011
 
Jeff Lynne is producing Joe's new album and I wouldn't be surprised if Ringo played on it, but I'm guessing that Joe is on Ringo's new album, they work so well together, Old Wave proves that true.
If you guys would like to hear some Old Wave, would be glad to send some,it rocks.
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 3, 2011
 
awc wrote:
Jeff Lynne is producing Joe's new album and I wouldn't be surprised if Ringo played on it, but I'm guessing that Joe is on Ringo's new album, they work so well together, Old Wave proves that true.
If you guys would like to hear some Old Wave, would be glad to send some,it rocks.
Oh yeah, my friend. You are great.
Poppa Jivebones

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 3, 2011
 
There is going to be a super group with Ringo and Mick Jagger and other British rockers to play at the next Olympics will be anounced soon.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 3, 2011
 
Sounds cool Poppa,very cool.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 5, 2011
 
What musicians are on the new album?
Ringo: Benmont Tench from Tom Petty, Don Was the producer and great bass player, Charlie Haden, America’s premier jazz bass player, Joe Walsh of course, Dave Stewart, Glen Ballard, Van Dyke Parks who wrote a song and is playing accordion. If you look at the back of the Y Not record it is a similar group

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Probably won't sell 6 copies! Its over Ringo!
Poppa Jivebones

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 5, 2011
 
Raceyro wrote:
Probably won't sell 6 copies! Its over Ringo!
Only in your dreams sucker.Ringo and Paul are still doing fine and making good music if you don't like it eat crow.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 5, 2011
 
Raceyro wrote:
Probably won't sell 6 copies! Its over Ringo!
Thanks for your input, hows the weather?

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 5, 2011
 
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Only in your dreams sucker.Ringo and Paul are still doing fine and making good music if you don't like it eat crow.
Ringo's last album hit # 51, biggest position in 34 years, plus his concerts are selling out all over Europe.
Paul and Ringo aren't hurting for money, they are fine.
Poppa Jivebones

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 5, 2011
 
awc wrote:
<quoted text>Ringo's last album hit # 51, biggest position in 34 years, plus his concerts are selling out all over Europe.
Paul and Ringo aren't hurting for money, they are fine.
Yeah some people can't stand it to see two of the Great Beatles still doing well having fun and making music because they love doing it.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Only in your dreams sucker.Ringo and Paul are still doing fine and making good music if you don't like it eat crow.
Same boring music as usual!

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 5, 2011
 
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah some people can't stand it to see two of the Great Beatles still doing well having fun and making music because they love doing it.
Oh well, their loss.
Ringo and Paul's music is great, they still rock.
Poppa Jivebones

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 5, 2011
 
Raceyro wrote:
<quoted text>
Same boring music as usual!
If it's boring don't listen to it try Britney Spears

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 5, 2011
 
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>If it's boring don't listen to it try Britney Spears
Ouch,is Britney still alive, lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent George Harrison Discussions

Search the George Harrison Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
george harrison 1974 tour (Nov '07) Feb '14 KJS 46
What are the best post-Beatles songs for a solo... (Jul '09) Feb '14 Chris 55
'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' turns 4... (May '13) Jan '14 Chris 71
The Beatles week ahead: Remembering George Harr... Nov '13 Ben ACCF KING 2
woman claiming she is married to George Harriso... (Jun '11) Nov '13 Trixie 4
'Glee' Stars Demi Lovato, Naya Rivera Record cl... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ozzie Guillen 2
Beatles live on with RAIN at Hershey Theatre (Apr '13) Apr '13 Fredricko 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••