'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Ban...

'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' turns 46: Huntsville musicians discuss Beatles masterpiece

There are 71 comments on the Alabama Live story from May 30, 2013, titled 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' turns 46: Huntsville musicians discuss Beatles masterpiece. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

The Beatles are shown in 1967. From left: Ringo Starr, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

Since: Sep 13

Davao City, Philippines

#58 Sep 19, 2013
On The Beatles' final US tour in 1966, Paul McCartney was struck by the inventiveness of the West Coast hippy groups, with names such as Quicksilver Messenger Service, Jefferson Airplane, and Big Brother and the Holding Company. In November that year, on a post-holiday flight from Nairobi to England, he came up with the idea of an alter-ego for the band, which would perform an entire album before an audience.

Some versions of events hold that Mal Evans came up with the name Sgt Pepper. It is believed to have been inspired by Evans asking McCartney what the letters S and P stood for on the salt and pepper sachets on their in-flight meal trays.

Switching between straightforward rock verses and instrumental bridges featuring a French horn quartet, punctuated by three-part harmonies from McCartney, Lennon and Harrison, the song is more of an introduction to the Sgt Pepper concept than a rounded song.
Equus Poet

Jonesboro, GA

#59 Sep 19, 2013
You've got this all wrong.
Please stop spreading you made up stories and your attempt to rewrite Beatle history.

On the Beatles final US tour in 1966, Paul McCartney was struck down by anal herpes he caught from gay West Coast hippies. In November that year, after a visit to his gynecologist, he came up with the idea of an anal gangbang, which he'd perform AssToMouth sex on an entire audience.

Some versions of events hold that Liberace came up with the name Sgt Pepper. It is believed to have been also inspired by Rock Hudson, asking McCartney what the letters S and P stood for, and he said it was for the Semen and Poo he ate during AssToMouth gay sex.

Switching between straight and gay personnas, French kissing the butts of boy scouts, with virgin anal puncturing of young boys by McCartney, Lennon, and Harrison, they wrote songs introducing the Sgt Pepper concept of love between men and lone boys.
beatlesfansunite wrote:
On The Beatles' final US tour in 1966, Paul McCartney was struck by the inventiveness of the West Coast hippy groups, with names such as Quicksilver Messenger Service, Jefferson Airplane, and Big Brother and the Holding Company. In November that year, on a post-holiday flight from Nairobi to England, he came up with the idea of an alter-ego for the band, which would perform an entire album before an audience.
Some versions of events hold that Mal Evans came up with the name Sgt Pepper. It is believed to have been inspired by Evans asking McCartney what the letters S and P stood for on the salt and pepper sachets on their in-flight meal trays.
Switching between straightforward rock verses and instrumental bridges featuring a French horn quartet, punctuated by three-part harmonies from McCartney, Lennon and Harrison, the song is more of an introduction to the Sgt Pepper concept than a rounded song.
Domitor equorum

Athens, Greece

#60 Sep 19, 2013
Mi rompi i coglioni.
Justin Yermouth

Madison, AL

#61 Sep 19, 2013
Equus Poet wrote:
Please stop spreading you made up stories and your attempt to rewrite Beatle history.
On the Beatles final US tour in 1966, Paul McCartney was struck down by anal herpes he caught from gay West Coast hippies. In November that year, after a visit to his gynecologist, he came up with the idea of an anal gangbang, which he'd perform AssToMouth sex on an entire audience.
Some versions of events hold that Liberace came up with the name Sgt Pepper. It is believed to have been also inspired by Rock Hudson, asking McCartney what the letters S and P stood for, and he said it was for the Semen and Poo he ate during AssToMouth gay sex.
Switching between straight and gay personnas, French kissing the butts of boy scouts, with virgin anal puncturing of young boys by McCartney, Lennon, and Harrison, they wrote songs introducing the Sgt Pepper concept of love between men and lone boys.
<quoted text>
Wow, i had forgot about this. I remember reading about this in Rolling Stone.
Billy Preston

Brooks, GA

#64 Sep 19, 2013
So Ringo Starr is the only straight Beatle?
William

Houston, TX

#66 Sep 22, 2013
Equus Poet wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww looks like another gay person is mad at the media.

Poor boy.
William

Houston, TX

#67 Sep 22, 2013
Justin Yermouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, i had forgot about this. I remember reading about this in Rolling Stone.
Why reply to you, you are the same person with an isp changer.
Fool.

“LADYVERO R.N.”

Since: Feb 09

Chihuahua, Mexico

#68 Dec 19, 2013
The Beatles group and solo are truly wonderful and as they say, haters will hate.
I cannot to my understanding see why anyone with a partly brain think Paul was replaced, he is alive and well.
And NEW is awesome.
Beat the Meatles

Huntsville, AL

#69 Dec 19, 2013
I can't see, for the world, how anyone can listen to these peoples music.
Equus Poet wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck Roast

Charleston, SC

#71 Dec 19, 2013
Fawn Dilmahbalz wrote:
The Beatles were nothing but a bunch of dope junkies making a godawful noise on theit electric twangers. I'm soo glad to see that everybody here hates them as much as I do!
Not like the ggod clean wholesome monkees
Chuck Hays

Colcord, OK

#72 Dec 20, 2013
Chuck Roast wrote:
<quoted text>
Not like the ggod clean wholesome monkees
Granted, the Monkees were a manufactured band, a corporate creation to designed milk money out of the rock craze started by the British Invasion.

However, this synthetic amalgamation of songwriters, musicians, actors, and record producers recorded some of the best pop/rock of the '60's, and that is a considerable accomplishment.

“LADYVERO R.N.”

Since: Feb 09

Chihuahua, Mexico

#74 Dec 25, 2013
Merry Beatle-Mas.
Eileen Upokitt

Huntsville, AL

#75 Dec 25, 2013
The Beatles were overrated.
Merry Christmas

Cape Coral, FL

#76 Dec 25, 2013
Eileen Upokitt wrote:
The Beatles were overrated.
The fact that you took your time, on Christmas day, to come here and post this nonsense about a band from the1960's, speaks for itself.

Happy New Year !!!
Eileen Upokitt

Huntsville, AL

#77 Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you took your time, on Christmas day, to come here and post this nonsense about a band from the1960's, speaks for itself.
Happy New Year !!!
You do know what they say about unsolicited opinions, don't you, Cletus?

I was there, big boy. Had a set of Beatles bobbleheads on the console TV/stereo too.
Anita Goodbleaux

Huntsville, AL

#78 Dec 26, 2013
I liked Yellow Submarine.
Chris

Lake Odessa, MI

#79 Dec 28, 2013
The Beatles are the greatest band of all time. In fact they are very underrated. Anyone who doesn't like them, has no idea what good music is. Their will never be another band as famous, more successful or more influential than the Beatles. The only other musical artist who is in the same league as them is Elvis.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#80 Dec 29, 2013
Chris wrote:
The Beatles are the greatest band of all time. In fact they are very underrated. Anyone who doesn't like them, has no idea what good music is. Their will never be another band as famous, more successful or more influential than the Beatles. The only other musical artist who is in the same league as them is Elvis.
The Beatles are still a legendary band regardless of any negative criticism that might be uttered. Over Christmas, I was having a discussion with my brother in law's brother who in the past was always a Beatle fan. However, he shocked me when he told me that he did not like them anymore. I found that rather strange because I asked him if he got the new BBC CD. I really do not know what happened or why he suddenly changed his mind about them but it is quite interesting. I do not feel that way. Different people go through stages in their life and perhaps that is why he was so negative towards The Beatles. He said that they were over rated and old school. It surprised me. In the past, he gave me some great live footage of The Beatles at Shea stadiam in New York. It was the concert with overdubbed studio re recordings for a possible live album that never came out.
Chris

Waterford, MI

#81 Dec 29, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
The Beatles are still a legendary band regardless of any negative criticism that might be uttered. Over Christmas, I was having a discussion with my brother in law's brother who in the past was always a Beatle fan. However, he shocked me when he told me that he did not like them anymore. I found that rather strange because I asked him if he got the new BBC CD. I really do not know what happened or why he suddenly changed his mind about them but it is quite interesting. I do not feel that way. Different people go through stages in their life and perhaps that is why he was so negative towards The Beatles. He said that they were over rated and old school. It surprised me. In the past, he gave me some great live footage of The Beatles at Shea stadiam in New York. It was the concert with overdubbed studio re recordings for a possible live album that never came out.
Hey Octo, hope you had a good Christmas. I don't understand how anyone can say they were once a Beatles fan, but now they're not. I have been a fan for 32 years. Sure I've gone through changes in my life, & I have listened to lots of different music. But, not once, have I ever thought about not being a Beatles fan. In fact, the longer I live, the more I want the Beatles music in my life. It will always be a part of my life. Even if I was the only Beatles fan in the world, it wouldn't matter, because I've never been a follower of trends. I do what makes me happy, & the Beatles music has been my happy place since I was 13. That will never change.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#82 Dec 29, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Octo, hope you had a good Christmas. I don't understand how anyone can say they were once a Beatles fan, but now they're not. I have been a fan for 32 years. Sure I've gone through changes in my life, & I have listened to lots of different music. But, not once, have I ever thought about not being a Beatles fan. In fact, the longer I live, the more I want the Beatles music in my life. It will always be a part of my life. Even if I was the only Beatles fan in the world, it wouldn't matter, because I've never been a follower of trends. I do what makes me happy, & the Beatles music has been my happy place since I was 13. That will never change.
I had a decent Christmas but it was an adult Christmas. I didn't get many gifts because my family agreed not to exchange this year. I did have fun though. My brother in law's brother got married to The Beatles. They were played at his wedding like four or five years ago. He is still married. Perhaps, he has a new friend that talked him out of liking The Beatles. I just thought is was strange, that's all. I know that no one can make me not like Elvis. I feel the same way you do. I wouldn't care if I was the last Elvis fan on earth, I'd still listen to him. I know that kids sometimes follow what their friends like or dislike but this guy is in his forties. He loved The Beatles. So what happened? He did not explain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Harrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Beatles week ahead: Remembering George Harr... (Nov '13) Feb '15 swadders 3
News All-star Sept. 28 George Harrison benefit moves... (Sep '14) Oct '14 Greg 2
News The Irritated One (Jun '14) Jun '14 Brendan Feehan 1
george harrison 1974 tour (Nov '07) Feb '14 KJS 46
News What are the best post-Beatles songs for a solo... (Jul '09) Feb '14 Chris 55
woman claiming she is married to George Harriso... (Jun '11) Nov '13 Trixie 4
News 'Glee' Stars Demi Lovato, Naya Rivera Record cl... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ozzie Guillen 2
More from around the web