'The Latest' from Cheap Trick the best of its recent releases

Cheap Trick, "The Latest" A A A In September, Cheap Trick will perform the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album backed by an orchestra during a string of shows in Las Vegas. Full Story
jim schmidt

Northbrook, IL

#1 Jun 23, 2009
zander is one of rock's best vocalists, but more versatile than lennon, mccartney and harrison rolled into one? spare the hyberole, greg. lennon had one of rock's greatest voices and mccartney is no slacker.
Steve

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 23, 2009
It's Centro-Matic, not Centro-O-Matic, Kot. They're a veteran band who have been slightly more consistent than the Truckers have since Dirty South (last time I saw them at Schubas, some girl was crying as she sang along -- and she had yet to see my face!). Guess you'll have to write the editors of Spin and Uncut about them, because you obviously haven't seen them in those mags as you leafed through them trying to figure out which bands you should know.
Rob K

Fredericksburg, VA

#3 Jun 23, 2009
See cheap Trick live if you get a chance! In my experience, their studio work doesn't come close to capturing the energy and versatility they bring to the stage. I've seen them seven times between '83 and '08, the last show was with Journey, and Johnathan Cain joined them on keyboards for "Dream Police" during their encore- it was amazing!
Rev Dr Pastor

Omaha, NE

#4 Jun 23, 2009
Congratulations Cheap Trick. You guys have never sucked.

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#5 Jun 23, 2009
jim schmidt wrote:
zander is one of rock's best vocalists, but more versatile than lennon, mccartney and harrison rolled into one? spare the hyberole, greg. lennon had one of rock's greatest voices and mccartney is no slacker.
Yeah, that comment was a stretch, but Zander does a hell of a great John Lennon! And the band does have a great touch with the Beatles' classics

Check out this gem (Cheap Trick backing Lennon!!)

YOW! Cheap Trick with Tony Levin?!!
Jack Zippy

United States

#6 Jun 23, 2009
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that comment was a stretch, but Zander does a hell of a great John Lennon! And the band does have a great touch with the Beatles' classics
Check out this gem (Cheap Trick backing Lennon!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =im3AUiCGqnkXX
YOW! Cheap Trick with Tony Levin?!!
Otis Check out Colin James doing that song on you tube he's the new Brian Adams but better maybe.Cheap Trick backed by an orchestra will be awesome .
Bubba the Saint

Renton, WA

#7 Jun 23, 2009
I'd love to see this show.I think they will do a great version of the Beatles with their own style mixed in.Robin Zander has a great voice and Rick is no slouch on the guitar.Bun E and Tom are both good musicians also.Very tight band with a full orchestra will be a treat with the lights and effects.
The REAL Deal

United States

#8 Jun 23, 2009
Cheap Trick.Simply the greatest live band ever.
Village

United States

#9 Jun 23, 2009
Third on the bill to Poisen all summer is pretty lame. They must need money.
Jack Zippy

United States

#10 Jun 24, 2009
Village wrote:
Third on the bill to Poisen all summer is pretty lame. They must need money.
Bret Michael's need more money too bad Didn't his lame TV show help him out? He poisons all good things that he gets including the big money.He should come out with a band called DETOX you know think outside the box.[] Lol.
feef

Crozet, VA

#11 Jun 24, 2009
?
Jack Zippy

Renton, WA

#12 Jan 22, 2010
I bought the DVD of this show and was blown away at how good they sounded and I was very impressed with Robin Zander's voice on the Beatle songs. He had help on a few but most of the songs he sang lead on are awesome.Rick sounded excellant on the guitar parts also.Good show and great band doing it.
Jack Zippy

Renton, WA

#13 Jan 22, 2010
I see our lameass judger is still around putting his or her marks on our post.Why can't this fu--ing moron stay off the forums and quit acting like a coward jackass by putting judge marks on our post?Don't you have anything better to do with your pitiful life?Must be a lonely sad life you lead buttface.
Elton Johm

Clarksville, TN

#14 Mar 24, 2010
you better het back Honkey Wimp you better get back to the woods i will quit those days in my hippie ways .
Elton Johm

Clarksville, TN

#15 Mar 24, 2010
and i think its gonna be a long long time till touch down brings Little Jack Zippy round again to fine hes not the man he thinks he is at oh no no hes a hippie wimp hippie wimp trolling the innoccent on here alone .
Joe Pudman

United States

#16 Mar 26, 2010
Elton Johm wrote:
and i think its gonna be a long long time till touch down brings Little Jack Zippy round again to fine hes not the man he thinks he is at oh no no hes a hippie wimp hippie wimp trolling the innoccent on here alone .
Hillbilly Evan are you trying to be funny?We all know that the real wimp hillbilly is you and no other.What kind of guy listens to Barry Manilow guys like you wimpy Evan the hick that's who.
Rockitz

Seattle, WA

#17 Mar 27, 2010
Great band, always like them.
Jack Zippy

United States

#18 Mar 28, 2010
Rockitz wrote:
Great band, always like them.
I've seen Cheap Trick live 3 times and each time I was never disapointed.They sounded great and put on a Rocking show well worth the money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Harrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All-star Sept. 28 George Harrison benefit moves... Sep 17 Greg 1
The Irritated One Jun '14 Brendan Feehan 1
george harrison 1974 tour (Nov '07) Feb '14 KJS 46
What are the best post-Beatles songs for a solo... (Jul '09) Feb '14 Chris 55
'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' turns 4... (May '13) Jan '14 Chris 71
The Beatles week ahead: Remembering George Harr... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Ben ACCF KING 2
woman claiming she is married to George Harriso... (Jun '11) Nov '13 Trixie 4

George Harrison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE