Paul McCartney and Ringo Star reunite

Paul McCartney and Ringo Star reunite

There are 71 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Apr 6, 2009, titled Paul McCartney and Ringo Star reunite. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

An all-star concert on meditation brought Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr together for their first performance together in seven years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bubba the Saint

Seattle, WA

#63 Apr 10, 2009
avergage teenage girl wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Jonas Brothers won't live on?*runs away crying*
Oh so sad boo hoo They are like Hansen was a few years back.Maybe Jonas Brothers will swallowed by a whale like in Jonas whale but they will be spit out because they are too sugary.Lol.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#64 Apr 11, 2009
I'm in my 50s, and my 16 year old nephew LOVES the Beatles. He's loved them since age 13. I gave him all my old cassette tapes and albums. He put them all on CDs. Smart kid!
somedude

Albion, MI

#65 Apr 11, 2009
May God Bless The Beatles and may their music live on forever.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#66 Apr 11, 2009
Every time I read such posts, that today's youth listening to the Beatles, I understand that I don't know really how big are the Beatles! Even I'm a fan for 27 years. When I was first listen to them when I was 11 in 1982, a lot of my friends considered them "old fashioned". They were listening to some new wave, synth pop bands of the 80's. I found some of their stuff to have something, but most of them to me were silly. I always had ears for the 60's sound beyond the Beatles of course. Surely, I loved the good bands of the late seventies, early eighties. Like the Clash for example. Records. Jam. I can't recall all of them right now.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#67 Apr 11, 2009
Even

Even though, sorry for the omissions.
Bubba the Saint

Ruckersville, VA

#68 Apr 11, 2009
Marti from Michigan wrote:
I'm in my 50s, and my 16 year old nephew LOVES the Beatles. He's loved them since age 13. I gave him all my old cassette tapes and albums. He put them all on CDs. Smart kid!
Now that's a teenager with good taste and is smart enough to store their music on cd.Hats off to the youngster.
Bubba the Saint

Ruckersville, VA

#69 Apr 11, 2009
Greg wrote:
Every time I read such posts, that today's youth listening to the Beatles, I understand that I don't know really how big are the Beatles! Even I'm a fan for 27 years. When I was first listen to them when I was 11 in 1982, a lot of my friends considered them "old fashioned". They were listening to some new wave, synth pop bands of the 80's. I found some of their stuff to have something, but most of them to me were silly. I always had ears for the 60's sound beyond the Beatles of course. Surely, I loved the good bands of the late seventies, early eighties. Like the Clash for example. Records. Jam. I can't recall all of them right now.
The 50's gave us Elvis and Chuck Berry but the sixties gave us the Beach Boys and the whole British invation with the fab four and mo-town groups that were great.The 70's gave us the Eagles and a whole bunch of good music except for disco.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#70 Apr 12, 2009
I LOVE listening to the oldies stations on the radio when I'm in my car. They play such a great selection of things I listened to when I was a teeny bopper.

“Best voice ever !”

Since: Mar 09

Devil's Hole

#71 Apr 13, 2009
Bubba the Saint wrote:
<quoted text>The 50's gave us Elvis and Chuck Berry but the sixties gave us the Beach Boys and the whole British invation with the fab four and mo-town groups that were great.The 70's gave us the Eagles and a whole bunch of good music except for disco.
The 70's first gave us Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd!!
Bubba the Saint

Ruckersville, VA

#72 Apr 13, 2009
zepforever wrote:
<quoted text>
The 70's first gave us Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd!!
Led Zepplin came out in the late sixties and so did Pink Floyd but the seventies was when both groupe wrote their biggest hit songs Stairway to heaven and dark side of the moon early 70's Led Zepplins first record was released in 1969 I think Good times bad times was the big hit off that one.Correct me if I'm wrong Zepforever becuse I know you really like the hammer of the Gods as our Seattle radio station calls them.Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck played together yesterday at the induction for Metalica it was cool.
Bubba the Saint

Ruckersville, VA

#73 Apr 13, 2009
Marti from Michigan wrote:
I LOVE listening to the oldies stations on the radio when I'm in my car. They play such a great selection of things I listened to when I was a teeny bopper.
When I was a teen the teeny boppers liked Ohio express Yummy Yummy Yummy I've got love in my tummy.123 red light or simple simon says then later came the Bay city Rollers in the early 70's girls loved them like david and Shawn Cassidy. It was sugary sweet.Not as corny as Bobby Sherman though.Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Harrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paul McCartney in Portland: As good as it gets Apr '16 Octo Is A Woodpecker 2
News Carl Perkins' other legacy (Sep '10) Dec '15 Outside the gate 6
News The Beatles week ahead: Remembering George Harr... (Nov '13) Feb '15 swadders 3
News All-star Sept. 28 George Harrison benefit moves... (Sep '14) Oct '14 Greg 2
News The Irritated One (Jun '14) Jun '14 Brendan Feehan 1
george harrison 1974 tour (Nov '07) Feb '14 KJS 46
News What are the best post-Beatles songs for a solo... (Jul '09) Feb '14 Chris 55
More from around the web