Paul McCartney and Ringo Star reunite

Paul McCartney and Ringo Star reunite

There are 71 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Apr 6, 2009, titled Paul McCartney and Ringo Star reunite. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

An all-star concert on meditation brought Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr together for their first performance together in seven years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
senters1982

Mishawaka, IN

#1 Apr 6, 2009
Thats great ringo and paul reuinting like that. I am 46 have allways enjoyed the beatles as well as Lennon, McCartney Starkey,Harrison out on there own. They will allways be great at what they do.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#2 Apr 6, 2009
senters1982 wrote:
Thats great ringo and paul reuinting like that. I am 46 have allways enjoyed the beatles as well as Lennon, McCartney Starkey,Harrison out on there own. They will allways be great at what they do.
Hello Senters1982,
So good to see a Beatle's fan posting such a positive post.
They were/are excellent musicians/human beings.
Bubba the Saint

Seattle, WA

#3 Apr 6, 2009
senters1982 wrote:
yea it's good to read positive comments instead of dimwit numbskulls posting stupid comments about Sir Paul and Ringo the legends that they are and always will be.whether the trolls like it or not.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#4 Apr 6, 2009
I was a Beatle freak when I was younger! We used to be able to stay at the theater movie after movie, after movie, and we sure did when "A Hard Day's Night" came out! We would scream with the best of them at the Eastown Theater, lol!

George was my favorite, even to the point where I started making my Capital G's like his writing, then later in life I had to practice to make the G look normal again. I was very saddened when he died, much more so than when John died, but John's death was horrible!

Paul still has it, that is for sure. Apparently Ringo does not want anymore fan mail, but oh well, though I still like the Beatles, I've grown up.

:)

“Be Respectful”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

#5 Apr 7, 2009
What a great story! Two legends getting together again to perform. That audience must have been rocking all night long, and it was good to read that tributes were done to honor George and John.
Over 60

Comstock Park, MI

#6 Apr 7, 2009
Paul is definitely an extremely talented musician and writer...but Ringo? Just a funny looking kid who got lucky years ago. Plays the drums like a grade schooler and can't sing. Perhaps he collaborated in writing some of their songs, but it was John and Paul who were the most gifted in that area.

Since: Sep 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Apr 7, 2009
Over 60 wrote:
Paul is definitely an extremely talented musician and writer...but Ringo? Just a funny looking kid who got lucky years ago. Plays the drums like a grade schooler and can't sing. Perhaps he collaborated in writing some of their songs, but it was John and Paul who were the most gifted in that area.
Ringo sang the Buck Ownens hit They Are Going to Put Me In the Movies. He had hits after the break up including It Don't Come Easy, a great song. No doubt John and Paul had the most writing talent but George and Ringo made big contributions to the group.
Bubba the Saint

Seattle, WA

#8 Apr 7, 2009
Marti from Michigan wrote:
I was a Beatle freak when I was younger! We used to be able to stay at the theater movie after movie, after movie, and we sure did when "A Hard Day's Night" came out! We would scream with the best of them at the Eastown Theater, lol!
George was my favorite, even to the point where I started making my Capital G's like his writing, then later in life I had to practice to make the G look normal again. I was very saddened when he died, much more so than when John died, but John's death was horrible!
Paul still has it, that is for sure. Apparently Ringo does not want anymore fan mail, but oh well, though I still like the Beatles, I've grown up.
That sounds a lot like me George was my favorite too.I liked them when I was 10 and I'm 55 and still dig them always have and always will like the Beatles
Bubba the Saint

Seattle, WA

#9 Apr 7, 2009
GR Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Ringo sang the Buck Ownens hit They Are Going to Put Me In the Movies. He had hits after the break up including It Don't Come Easy, a great song. No doubt John and Paul had the most writing talent but George and Ringo made big contributions to the group.
Yea that song was called act naturally.
Bubba the Saint

Seattle, WA

#10 Apr 7, 2009
Over 60 wrote:
Plays the drums like a pro because that is what he is a pro and a funny dude with a lot of talent.His voice isn't great but it passes on the songs he sings.
mom

Allendale, MI

#11 Apr 7, 2009
I remember everyone screaming so hard at that movie that no one heard a word of the movie. We sat through it three times before we finally heard it. I was 13 when they first came on Ed Sullivan, and they have been my favorites ever since.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#12 Apr 7, 2009
Love your ideals about God and the Beatles,you are a very kind honest person.
I was a bit upset about Ringo until I found out why he said no more autographs.
People were asking him to sign so many items and then putting them on Ebay to sell.
Sadly as always the press jumped to conclusions, the video Ringo did was only on his website, but the press never told about that.

God bless.

Since: Sep 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Apr 7, 2009
Bubba the Saint wrote:
<quoted text>Yea that song was called act naturally.
You are correct, great song for all of them, did Owens have the hit first?
Bubba the Saint

Seattle, WA

#14 Apr 7, 2009
GR Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, great song for all of them, did Owens have the hit first?
Yes Buck Owens did it first then The beatles with ringo on vocals and later Ringo and Buck Owens did a duet together singing it. It might be on you tube I'm not sure .The video is funny and cool Buck and Ringo who would of ever thought. the best is Carl Perkins blue suede shoes With George and Ringo and Eric Clapton it is on Dvd now I have the vhs video of that show.
Bubba the Saint

Seattle, WA

#15 Apr 7, 2009
mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember everyone screaming so hard at that movie that no one heard a word of the movie. We sat through it three times before we finally heard it. I was 13 when they first came on Ed Sullivan, and they have been my favorites ever since.
Yea I was 10 and I remember the old black and white TV set we had to watch them on.We didn't get a colored TV until about 1968.I don't think Ed Sullivan was in color until about 1966 maybe.Do you remember when color came to that show?
Bubba the Saint

Seattle, WA

#16 Apr 7, 2009
I mean wasn't in color until 1966.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#17 Apr 7, 2009
Bubba the Saint wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Buck Owens did it first then The beatles with ringo on vocals and later Ringo and Buck Owens did a duet together singing it. It might be on you tube I'm not sure .The video is funny and cool Buck and Ringo who would of ever thought. the best is Carl Perkins blue suede shoes With George and Ringo and Eric Clapton it is on Dvd now I have the vhs video of that show.
Carl Perkins was a prince of a guy, his last concert was with Paul and Eric in 1997, a few months before his fatal heart-attack.
Carl had a big heart, his duet with Paul in 1982 on Get it, was cool.
I think the 1985 HBO special was called Go Cat Go.
Ringo jammed on the drums,but it was during his drinking period, he had a glass of whisky next to his drum kit, but thank God he became sober in 1988,and remains so.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#18 Apr 7, 2009
Bubba the Saint wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Buck Owens did it first then The beatles with ringo on vocals and later Ringo and Buck Owens did a duet together singing it. It might be on you tube I'm not sure .The video is funny and cool Buck and Ringo who would of ever thought. the best is Carl Perkins blue suede shoes With George and Ringo and Eric Clapton it is on Dvd now I have the vhs video of that show.
And Buck Owens cool too, he and his Buckaroos had some great songs,back when country was really country.
Check out "A tall dark stranger".
Bubba the Saint

Seattle, WA

#19 Apr 7, 2009
awc wrote:
<quoted text>
Carl Perkins was a prince of a guy, his last concert was with Paul and Eric in 1997, a few months before his fatal heart-attack.
Carl had a big heart, his duet with Paul in 1982 on Get it, was cool.
I think the 1985 HBO special was called Go Cat Go.
Ringo jammed on the drums,but it was during his drinking period, he had a glass of whisky next to his drum kit, but thank God he became sober in 1988,and remains so.
About 1988 a video came out called Carl Perkins and friends Blue Suede shoes. It has the bass player from the Stray cats.Dave Edmunds-Ringo -George- Eric Clapton-Roseanne Cash-and many others I think it even has Carl perkins son on it too.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#21 Apr 7, 2009
mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, such wonderful memories! I don't recall that same enthusiasm when "Help" came out. I had all their 33-RPM Vinyl records, but over the years they disappeared and I'm not even sure where they went to! I still enjoy the Beatles at age 57. My daughter gave me a CD for my birthday a few years ago, of all their greatest hits. I listen to it often.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Harrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George Harrison: Rock's Best-Kept Secret (Nov '16) Nov '16 TeeMee 1
News Paul McCartney in Portland: As good as it gets (Apr '16) Apr '16 Octo Is A Woodpecker 2
News Carl Perkins' other legacy (Sep '10) Dec '15 Outside the gate 6
News The Beatles week ahead: Remembering George Harr... (Nov '13) Feb '15 swadders 3
News All-star Sept. 28 George Harrison benefit moves... (Sep '14) Oct '14 Greg 2
News The Irritated One (Jun '14) Jun '14 Brendan Feehan 1
george harrison 1974 tour (Nov '07) Feb '14 KJS 46
More from around the web