The First Five Songs Written Solely b...

The First Five Songs Written Solely by George Harrison for the Beatles

There are 27 comments on the Associated Content story from Jul 25, 2009, titled The First Five Songs Written Solely by George Harrison for the Beatles. In it, Associated Content reports that:

The Beatles, considered one of the most commercially successful bands in the history of popular music, recorded more than 200 songs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#1 Jul 26, 2009
George more than payed his dues to have his songs released on the Beatle's albums.

Though George didn't kick out as many or as fast as Lennon and McCartney, but then again, he wrote his songs by himself without a co-writer.

George accumulated a bulk of fine songs from 1966-1970,from that is where the great album "All things must pass" was born.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#2 Jul 26, 2009
Ringo wrote two great Beatle's songs, Don't pass me by and Octopus's garden.

Don't pass me by was actually written many times from 1966-1968.
Greg

Thessaloníki, Greece

#3 Jul 27, 2009
I love all those songs. "If I needed someone" guitar riff was inspired by "The Bells of Rhymney" by the Byrds(McGuinn's guitar intro). Speaking of the Byrds I found also that "She has a way" guitar intro reminisces me of George's song.
Greg

Thessaloníki, Greece

#4 Jul 27, 2009
Greg

Thessaloníki, Greece

#5 Jul 27, 2009
Greg

Thessaloníki, Greece

#6 Jul 27, 2009
Those Byrds' songs were written before "If I needed someone". The Beatles of course, had inspired the Byrds in many ways.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#7 Jul 27, 2009
Greg wrote:
I love all those songs. "If I needed someone" guitar riff was inspired by "The Bells of Rhymney" by the Byrds(McGuinn's guitar intro). Speaking of the Byrds I found also that "She has a way" guitar intro reminisces me of George's song.
Roger was inspired by George's 12 string, he is a master too.
The Byrds were inspired by so many, and created this cool sound, one of the best 60's bands ever.
I miss how the bands inspire each other, back in the 60's the English and American bands were close, they knew each other's music and in fact met each other, but sadly today's groups copy each other, and don't connect to each other.
Greg

Thessaloníki, Greece

#8 Jul 27, 2009
but sadly today's groups copy each other, and don't connect to each other.

So true, Allan. There's talent however.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#9 Jul 27, 2009
Greg wrote:
but sadly today's groups copy each other, and don't connect to each other.
So true, Allan. There's talent however.
I beleive Rock is still alive, it's just gone more underground these days.
There are some great bands still around, some still making hits,even some in the top 40,ever so often.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#11 Jul 27, 2009
PloP wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you some kind of a nutjob? Don't Pass Me By is crap and the other song is a rewrite of Yellow Submarine. Even the Beatles know this. You are just a fanboy. Hey if Ringo farted for three minutes you would think its a great song.
<quoted text>
No matter how many times he wrote it, it still sucks. The only thing good about the song is when it ends. Otherwise the song sounds like a truck falling off a cliff and exploding.
Or Ringo farting.
What would a kid like you know about good music, all you do is troll our forum, that's all you do, nothing more.
PloP

Duncanville, TX

#14 Jul 27, 2009
I'm sorry, forgive me.
Jack Zippy

Seattle, WA

#15 Jul 27, 2009
PloP wrote:
I'm sorry, forgive me.
Plop we know you don't like the Beatles especially Ringo and it's ok.But we are all hard core Beatle fans on this forum I grew up during that era.If you listen to a song like If I feel you will hear pefect three part harmonies as like many other songs they sang.It may not be your taste or style of music but please believe me it does no good to trash the Beatles when your in a forum where most of us love their music.Yellow submarine was writen for the animated film If you have ever saw the movie you'd understand the song better.It's not meant to be a serious song and kids love it.Don't pass me by wasn't one of Ringo's best I agree but if you listen to It don't come easy you will know that Ringo can sing but not as good as Paul or John.I think you mentioned that you liked John well listen to his solo records if you don't like the rest of the group.Please for the sake of peace stop the arguing and trashing you can post but we don't need to hear bad mouthing about a group that we think was great.
Elton Johm

Columbia, TN

#16 Mar 24, 2010
Jack Zippy you are so adorable mind if i sing to you here it goes .
Elton Johm

Columbia, TN

#17 Mar 24, 2010
Can You Feel the Love Tonight how its laid to rest its enough to make wimps and hippiebonds beleive the very best .
Elton Johm

Columbia, TN

#18 Mar 24, 2010
little Jack Zippy is traveling tonight on a plane i can the wimpy hippie lights headed for spain .
Elton Johm

Columbia, TN

#19 Mar 24, 2010
Dont Let the Sun Go Down me allthough i search myself its always little Jack Zippy that i see .
Elton Johm

Columbia, TN

#20 Mar 24, 2010
candy and ronnie have you seen them yet oh but theyre so spaced out Jack Zippy and his wimps .
Elton Johm

Columbia, TN

#21 Mar 24, 2010
i remember when wimps were young me and little Jack Zippy had so much fun holding hands and skipping stones had an old chevy and a hippie of my own .
Elton Johm

Columbia, TN

#22 Mar 24, 2010
so goodbye wimpy homobrick road where the hippies of society howl you cant keep me in your wimp house im going back to my plow .
Elton Johm

Columbia, TN

#23 Mar 24, 2010
and it seems to me you lived your life like a hippie in the wind

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Harrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George Harrison: Rock's Best-Kept Secret (Nov '16) Nov '16 TeeMee 1
News Paul McCartney in Portland: As good as it gets (Apr '16) Apr '16 Octo Is A Woodpecker 2
News Carl Perkins' other legacy (Sep '10) Dec '15 Outside the gate 6
News The Beatles week ahead: Remembering George Harr... (Nov '13) Feb '15 swadders 3
News All-star Sept. 28 George Harrison benefit moves... (Sep '14) Oct '14 Greg 2
News The Irritated One (Jun '14) Jun '14 Brendan Feehan 1
george harrison 1974 tour (Nov '07) Feb '14 KJS 46
More from around the web