Sing along to Handel's 'Messiah' with...

Sing along to Handel's 'Messiah' with York Symphony Chorus

There are 1 comment on the InYork story from Dec 13, 2010, titled Sing along to Handel's 'Messiah' with York Symphony Chorus. In it, InYork reports that:

"Messiah," arguably the most famous oratorio in the world, took all of three weeks for George Frideric Handel to compose in 1741.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

Edward Copeland

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Dec 18, 2010
Please refund my $20.00 entry fee and $5.00 parking assessment for the fraud you perpetrated on me last night. This was not a "Messiah Sing along." It was a Messiah Sing behind. I cannot believe that anyone in the audience who intended to sing needed the intelligence insulting prep work prior to the audience "sing along."

It's the MESSIAH!!

No one comes to be taught how to sing the choruses. I heard voices in the audience that were better than those on stage and some of us didn't bother to refer to their music.

It's the MESSIAH!!

Besides, there was no warning that the Halleluia Chorus was only going to be sung once. Why not prep talk for that as well? While I respect your opinions regarding Handel"s intent, the jokes and the interruptions detracted from the emotion inherent in the music.

It's the MESSIAH!!

Maybe the lapse of concentration that the soprano, whose singing was terrific, was caused by her thinking it was time for you to talk, again. Please, next time, make the media splash a little more informative. Tell people that it is not a sing along but a sing behind, just to see how many people show up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

More from around the web