Eanna

Cork, Ireland

#1 Mar 31, 2008
George Clooney travels to Ireland this summer in search of his 'Cooney' cousins in Cork. During an interview for his new film Leatherheads last week George let slip that he would be 'travelling to Cork, a city in Ireland in search of my{his} Irish relations'. He plans to leave LA towards the end of the summer. Ireland women time to get prepared!!
RE: Cooney not Clooney
When Irish people emigrated to America many did not know how to spell their names and it is believed many Cooney's left Ireland with the belief that Clooney was the correct spelling!
orla

Cork, Ireland

#2 Mar 31, 2008
eanna..obsessed!
Shirley Clooney

Clonmel, Ireland

#3 Apr 6, 2008
George Clooneys ancester Nicholas Clooney who is buried in Kentucky originally came from a village called Windgap in County Kilkenny.Georges father Nick had a half brother called Andy . Nick and Andy had the same father Andrew Joseph Clooney but different mothers.Nick has a half-nephew called Ray who is a lawyer in louisville Kentucky. Ray traced us and visited us as we are the only Clooneys left from Kilkenny. The relations George has in Cork are on his Grandmothers side and are called Guilfoyle. Weare on the Clooney side originally from Kilkenny is he going to look for us /
Rita bellacosa

Italy

#4 Jun 30, 2008
I m Rita bellacosa,italian intellectual.remember apecar for george clooney?
Jack Brentwood

San Giorgio A Cremano, Italy

#5 Jul 9, 2008
George Clooney and Rita Bellacosa together?Great!
Sean Roth

#6 Jul 9, 2008
Really?Fine!
Jack Wilson

#7 Jul 9, 2008
But George Clooney is gay?
Eanna

Ireland

#8 Oct 21, 2008
ya he is coming like!
Eoin walsh

Ireland

#9 May 2, 2009
Hey, my name is eoin walsh. live in south kilkenny, ireland. Clooneys are my cousins. My great great grandmother on my fathers side, born in the 1830s is a sister to Andrew Clooney who left kilkenny to go to america. Makes me and george 6th cousins??
lisa

Ireland

#10 Jan 7, 2010
hey, my mothers great grandfather and georges great grandfather were brothers. so me and george are far out relations. my grandmother was maura clooney :)
John

Ireland

#11 Aug 11, 2010
Im from windgap co kilkenny my family have been in the area for a couple of hundred years and are related to the clooneys. No clooneys live in the area now.
Lesley Miller

Twickenham, UK

#12 Jul 26, 2012
I thrilled that George Clooney is related to the Guilfoyles, my Great Great Grandmother Johanna came from Tipperary her father was John Guilffoyle. His profession was an Acountant. Johanna was married to John Williams was serving in the Royal Artillery the and moved to Nova Scotia, Canada with their young son William where John was based for a few years. During that time they had two more Children also named Johanna Jr. and John Jr.

Not sure when they returned to England, all I know they lived in Chatham and later in Tavistock Devon, hope this throws some light on my relatives. Iam pleased to do this ,it maybe of interest to George. Within the family there are likeness.

Lesley Miller. From Redhill, Surrey England

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Clooney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amal Alamuddin blows off George Clooney's famil... Aug '14 maybe 5
George Clooney weighs in on government shutdown (Oct '13) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 89
Brad Pitt to be George Clooney's best man Jun '14 well 1
Jennifer Aniston seeks counseling for Brad Pitt... Jun '14 Noushin 1
George Clooney: Has he met his match? Apr '14 louie louie 1
Fans speak at People's Choice Awards (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sitin 1
Why George bashed Tesla? (Nov '13) Nov '13 George jumper 1
•••
•••

George Clooney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••