Ken Navarro | "The Meeting Place"

Ken Navarro | "The Meeting Place"

There are 1 comment on the Jazz HQ story from May 17, 2007, titled Ken Navarro | "The Meeting Place". In it, Jazz HQ reports that:

If George Benson, Al DiMeola, Earl Klugh and Ken Navarro all walked in for an audition, Navarro would be the first one eliminated from the competition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jazz HQ.

James Walker

Silver Spring, MD

#1 Jun 13, 2007
This is a weird review. It's full of left handed compliments and seems to be holding Navarro to some lofty bar which is soley in the reviewer's mind. I admit that I love this new album and find it to be one of the few smooth jazz guitar CDs that I listen to in it's entirety. For me, as a fellow guitarist, it's obvious that Navarro is leaps and bounds ahead of most of the guitarists in the smooth jazz category (he's a virtuoso - listen to his unbelievable solo on Pat Metheny's composition "Lakes") and that he's taking the music where he wants it to go. There is generally a jazz police mentality at jazzreview.com and I guess that's why the reviewer comes off confused and conflicted. But a reviewer should at least talk about the songs themselves - this guy just went on and on with his own agenda instead of discussing the music.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Benson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Article on George Aug 11 paltrowitz 1
I Just Found A Fantastic Jazz Song Paying Homag... (Mar '15) Mar '15 serenaspun 1
News George Benson picks five career highlights (Feb '13) Feb '13 jdobypr 1
George Benson GB10 Acetone corrosion and metal ... (Nov '11) Feb '12 Mack 2
News Hill District arts center draws raves (Mar '11) Mar '11 nuts 1
Help to find all texts of songs from While the ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 sleeping_man 1
News Norman Brown: Sending My Love (Jul '10) Jul '10 alewis-chokolatecity 1
More from around the web