George Benson GB10 Acetone corrosion ...

George Benson GB10 Acetone corrosion and metal corrosion

Posted in the George Benson Forum

John Navarroli

Fort Erie, Canada

#1 Nov 17, 2011
This is a last attempt to hear about any other problems with a GB 10 pickguard and corrosion problem. I bought this as the first Benson in 1978 at the MIAC trade show in Toronto...The serial is 50...After about ten years I noticed a spider type crack in the pick guard...I showed it to the store tech and he said it was the gas from the acetone used in the plastics.

I lived with it for years only to realize the Pickops were turning green...I attempted to respolve this with the area Ibanez rep in the Niagara area and he referred me to the distribution center in Montreal that said they wouldn't repair or warranty it. I recently found a 1 800 number on the Ibanez website and he suggested this forum..that maybe Geaorge Benson would read it ..ot his tech and offer a solution. At this time the guitar is almost non functioning and the acetone is flaking off and the guitar is beyond any function or purpose...I have cheaper Ibanez China jazz guitars and they are killer and quite impressive. I'm hoping someone will have a solution to this as I eagerly await a response from the GB 10 owners out there that have the same problem.
Mack

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Feb 29, 2012
I have the same issue with my older GB-10 as well. I had a guy to fabricate me one but it turned out ugly. If you did find out anything that can be done or replaced to fix it, let me know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Benson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Article on George Aug 11 paltrowitz 1
I Just Found A Fantastic Jazz Song Paying Homag... (Mar '15) Mar '15 serenaspun 1
News George Benson picks five career highlights (Feb '13) Feb '13 jdobypr 1
News Hill District arts center draws raves (Mar '11) Mar '11 nuts 1
Help to find all texts of songs from While the ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 sleeping_man 1
News Norman Brown: Sending My Love (Jul '10) Jul '10 alewis-chokolatecity 1
News George Benson, Manhattan Transfer opens at jazz... (Jun '10) Jun '10 ClayWbass 1
More from around the web