Here lies Generation X

Here lies Generation X

There are 3 comments on the www.theadvertiser.com story from Aug 20, 2009, titled Here lies Generation X. In it, www.theadvertiser.com reports that:

When our idols die, does our identity change? It's been a tough summer for Generation X. On June 25, news of Michael Jackson's death at 50 stunned the world, sending news agencies and pop culture gurus into a tailspin, scrambling to cover the unexpected loss of the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theadvertiser.com.

Death of an era

United States

#1 Aug 20, 2009
This article encapsulated everything I've been feeling over the past two months. Since the deaths of Hughes & MJ, I've suffered a nagging since of loss. I can't explain the obsessiveness over MJ. But, I now realize that Im not only mourning the loss of pop icons but am experiencing my own descend into irrelevancy. MJ doesn't know how lucky he was...watching your childhood fade with the passing of icons is just as painful as not having one at all. RIP MJ & John.
smilemj

UK

#2 Aug 20, 2009
Yeah, Michael took our youth with him and now I don't want to grow old. I understand so well now why he wanted to stay young forever.
nina

Ottawa, Canada

#3 Aug 20, 2009
Gen X has pretty much been denied their moment in the sun because the boomers refuse to leave

and the next 2 groups are hot on our heels

that said, Pedo Pan has been culturally not relevant for so long, and isn't a even a member of Gen X

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Generation X Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Generations (12): OGXers (Feb '10) Feb '10 Mary Clandib 1
News The Elvis effect / nwi.com (Jan '08) May '08 NEW SITE ELVIS 15
News SXSW Interview: Mick Jones & Tony James (Mar '08) Mar '08 Not Your Fan 1
More from around the web