The Elvis effect / nwi.com

The Elvis effect / nwi.com

There are 15 comments on the www.thetimesonline.com story from Jan 4, 2008, titled The Elvis effect / nwi.com. In it, www.thetimesonline.com reports that:

The "Elvis Effect" has impacted individual rock 'n' rollers of diverse eras and styles in many ways, as they each sought to follow in Presley's big footsteps to fame and fortune.

Yes, writing letters in support of Elvis is a worthwhile pastime.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.thetimesonline.com.

“Elvis News Ireland”

Since: Sep 07

Swords, County Dublin.

#1 Jan 4, 2008
How many people here write Letters to the Editor in support of our man?

Elvis fans really should take the opportunity now we have access to the media.
scarlett

Brandon, MS

#2 Jan 5, 2008
Elvis is really the best. I grew up hearing Elvis and screaming over him. It was hard when I was young because he went into the army and then when he came out he made movies and I wanted to be able to go and see him in person. My wish came true and I saw him several times in person, even got a kiss in Vegas. So sad to see him gone, but legend continues. I like to buy the pictures and "Elvis stuff" available today. It's a habit I have never lost - I see his picture or name and I'm drawn to whatever it is. It never ceases to amaze me what they have with his picture on it. I put Elvis fabric under my tree this year. I only wish some of this stuff would have been available when I was a teenager and so hungry for anything "Elvis." I think the world will always have Elvis. And that's a "good thing."

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

#3 Jan 5, 2008
Hi Scarlett! We must be about the same age. I was a Vegas goer too, and my memories of the shows and being kissed...are very sweet. Our generation is starting to leave to be with ELVIS now....I hope the young ones will carry on the torch...

A toast to Scarlett for our sweet mutual memories.(((Scarlett)))
Evonn

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jan 9, 2008
I loved Elvis, and surely won't forget him. A Great and wonderful singer. Such a pretty man.

Viva Las Vegas

#5 Jan 9, 2008
Evonn wrote:
I loved Elvis, and surely won't forget him. A Great and wonderful singer. Such a pretty man.
(((Evonn))) Well said. Thank you for your kind words in honor of Elvis.
Doris Torres

New York, NY

#7 Jan 9, 2008
http://youtube.com/watch...
Let me There - Elvis Presley
Lauderdale Lady

Vance, AL

#8 Jan 11, 2008
scarlett wrote:
Elvis is really the best. I grew up hearing Elvis and screaming over him. It was hard when I was young because he went into the army and then when he came out he made movies and I wanted to be able to go and see him in person. My wish came true and I saw him several times in person, even got a kiss in Vegas. So sad to see him gone, but legend continues. I like to buy the pictures and "Elvis stuff" available today. It's a habit I have never lost - I see his picture or name and I'm drawn to whatever it is. It never ceases to amaze me what they have with his picture on it. I put Elvis fabric under my tree this year. I only wish some of this stuff would have been available when I was a teenager and so hungry for anything "Elvis." I think the world will always have Elvis. And that's a "good thing."
Thanks for your love and lovely post of Elvis, Scarlett! Hey I would rather have Elvis than the stuff--guess we had him then! Tell us about the kiss girl!
Elvis Romania

Doamna, Romania

#10 Jan 15, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

#11 Jan 16, 2008
Elvis Romania wrote:
I could not understand a word on the link....but it looked like everyone was having fun in Elvis' name.:)
ricobpro

Muntinlupa, Philippines

#13 Feb 2, 2008
What more can I say? Words are not enough to describe why Elvis is the best among the rest. His charisma and magic simply defied explanation and you really need to be hooked on him to understand why he is different.

“Elvis News Ireland”

Swords, County Dublin.

#14 Feb 3, 2008
ricobpro wrote:
What more can I say? Words are not enough to describe why Elvis is the best among the rest. His charisma and magic simply defied explanation and you really need to be hooked on him to understand why he is different.
Amen.
http;//irelandtoo.blogspot.com

“Elvis News Ireland”

Swords, County Dublin.

#15 Feb 3, 2008
ricobpro wrote:
Amen.
http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

Viva Las Vegas

#16 Feb 3, 2008
ricobpro wrote:
Words are not enough to describe why Elvis is the best among the rest. His charisma and magic simply defied explanation and you really need to be hooked on him to understand why he is different.
This should be over in the "quote" thread that Maurice started.:)
It is a lovely statement, Rico.

Viva Las Vegas

#17 Feb 3, 2008
scarlett wrote:
I think the world will always have Elvis. And that's a "good thing."
Another lovely quote about Elvis.:)
NEW SITE ELVIS

Bucharest, Romania

#18 May 2, 2008
Coming soon with new image http://www.elvisromania.ro

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Generation X Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Generations (12): OGXers (Feb '10) Feb '10 Mary Clandib 1
News Here lies Generation X (Aug '09) Aug '09 nina 3
News SXSW Interview: Mick Jones & Tony James (Mar '08) Mar '08 Not Your Fan 1
More from around the web