Film depicting enduring love recalls earlier screen romance

There are 3 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jun 11, 2008, titled Film depicting enduring love recalls earlier screen romance. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

My husband and I recently bought our 15-year-old daughter the DVD of "The Notebook." Having paid several times the price in rental fees for her and her friends, we felt it was worth the $13.99 investment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

John Sloway

AOL

#1 Jun 13, 2008
The hardest part will be getting my daughter to sit down to watch it. Anything I say she should watch will automatically brand it as a NO GOOD.

But once she does, you may very well be right.

P.S., You did marry a man like Oliver

“In the picture, I'm the biped,”

Since: Sep 07

Dallas, Texas

#2 Jun 14, 2008
It is a truly beautiful story, and very appropriate for James Garner.
Deeeeeeebbbbbie

AOL

#3 Jun 16, 2008
Such a sweet critique! I cried just reading the review!!! I can see I am going to have to rent this DVD...or buy it for $13.99 since it sounds like one of those movies that I too will let the teens in my house watch "for the 100th time"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gena Rowlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rescued reels (Sep '09) Sep '09 Brad 1
News Prime Time TV Tonight: "The Notebook" on CBS an... (Dec '07) Dec '07 MorganLvr 4
News Debut director Zoe Cassavetes always wanted to ... (Jul '07) Jul '07 JOEL 1
News 18 shorts focus variably on the City of Light (Jun '07) Jun '07 Garin 1
Name of the film? (Jun '07) Jun '07 Barbara 1
News Today's Birthdays (Jul '06) Jul '06 Julie Ortiz 1
More from around the web