'Diff'rent Strokes' Star Gary Coleman...

'Diff'rent Strokes' Star Gary Coleman Dies

There are 35 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from May 28, 2010, titled 'Diff'rent Strokes' Star Gary Coleman Dies. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Gary Coleman, the child star of the smash 1970s TV sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes" whose later career was marred by medical and legal problems, has died after suffering an intercranial hemorrhage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cleveland chris

Painesville, OH

#21 May 28, 2010
caprilady71 wrote:
my favorite recent role for him was when he played Maddog No good on Martin........that was hillarious! Favorite Diff Strokes...When he had a crush on Charlene (Janet Jackson) and he was gonna fight Willis for her. Or the science fair project sabotage.
yes janet jackson was beautiful on those episodes, always loved the bully the 'gooch', his friend dudley, so many favorite episodes especially if arnold ended up dancing...facts of life was cool too, too close for comfort, family ties, i even watched laverne and shirley but i guess we didn't have much of a choice.(arnold wetting the bed,another great episode)
Herkimer Haiku

Rochester, NY

#22 May 28, 2010
Bye Arnold Jackson
What'choo talkin''bout Willis
lived short troubled life

Was Kid from Left Field
also a Broken Halo
no Surreal Life

now joins Kimberly
Mrs. Garrett and Drummond
who'll feed Abraham?
Cleveland-West_S ide

Erie, PA

#24 May 28, 2010
Back in '79 I wanted to be Arnold, wonder how many other nine-year-old white kids wanted to be a black munchkin back then?

RIP Gary
hayward kirk

Roanoke, VA

#25 May 28, 2010
so sad to see him go.
My View

United States

#26 May 28, 2010
I was never a fan of his, but did enjoy the Differnt Strokes episodes. He has had a life of many ups and downs, never seemed really happy and always had a problem of some kind. All that being said, this is very sad and a terrible way to die. My sympathy to all of his family and friends.
Doug F Cleve Hghts OH

United States

#27 May 28, 2010
RIP, guy.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#28 May 28, 2010
AWWW, R.I.P....
lakerfan

Murfreesboro, TN

#29 May 28, 2010
While I wasn't a big fan of "Different Strokes" I did respect his talent. I'm sorry to hear that he has passed away. He brought a lot of laughter to a lot of people while dealing with health struggles all his life. I hope he is at peace now.
jate

Toronto, Canada

#30 May 28, 2010
GunnySteve wrote:
Wow ... I guess Gary Coleman had a *REALLY* different stroke.
Thats so funny, I forgot to laugh.
Ms Ena

Rocky River, OH

#31 May 28, 2010
I'll well keep the family in prayer.

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#32 May 28, 2010
cleveland chris wrote:
<quoted text>yes janet jackson was beautiful on those episodes, always loved the bully the 'gooch', his friend dudley, so many favorite episodes especially if arnold ended up dancing...facts of life was cool too, too close for comfort, family ties, i even watched laverne and shirley but i guess we didn't have much of a choice.(arnold wetting the bed,another great episode)
Yep, growing up in the "eighties" was great!! Monday nights I had piano lessons, and then I'd come home and run to the TV to watch Little House on the Prairie. Tuesday nights it was Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, and Three's Company. I know I watched Too Close For Comfort, Facts Of Life, and Mork and Mindy, too. Wow -- I watched a lot of TV!! That doesn't even include when I got hooked on Dallas, Knots Landing, and Falcons Crest!! I'd love to see reruns of those shows -- are they even on anywhere? We only have network anyway. Maybe I can find them on DVD? It's so sad to see the stars of these shows leave us.
Arizona

Reading, PA

#33 May 28, 2010
GunnySteve wrote:
Wow ... I guess Gary Coleman had a *REALLY* different stroke.
You get my vote!
jbd612

AOL

#34 May 29, 2010
His life was such a tragic story after that show. It's a shame nobody could give him the help he needed. I pray he found peace with God before his death.
shawn

Apo, AE

#35 May 29, 2010
i never watched the show , To tell the truth im only 26 so i was a little late for that era. but i will remember his comic relief as a part he appeared in a few sitcoms witch were very funny rest in peace gary and god bless
SicFakes

United States

#36 May 30, 2010
Funny how everyone is sad now that he is gone. Read past posts and see all the bashing he got. Maybe if others had been kind to him, his troubles wouldn't have been so bad. But everyone is his friend now.... where were his "friends" prior to his death? It is very sad that you pitty him now.... R.I.P. Gary Coleman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gary Coleman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dennis Hopper, Rue McClanahan Among Stars Lost ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Tary 1
News Gone but not forgotten, 2010: Goodbye to some t... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Dawne 2
News GARY COLEMAN 911 CALL: Coleman family reportedl... (Jun '10) Jul '10 Johnny C 22
Garry Coleman's ex makes out with a midget, parody (Jun '10) Jun '10 Jokeman 1
Gary Coleman Gay Sex Tape Discovered (Jun '10) Jun '10 Carnage Crew 1
Video Video about Gary Coleman (Jun '10) Jun '10 normanj 1
News 'Diff'rent Strokes' star Gary Coleman dies (May '10) Jun '10 utah girl 11
More from around the web