'Diff'rent Strokes' star Gary Coleman...

'Diff'rent Strokes' star Gary Coleman dies

There are 27 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from May 28, 2010, titled 'Diff'rent Strokes' star Gary Coleman dies. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

Gary Coleman, the child star of the smash 1970s TV sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes" whose later career was marred by medical and legal problems, has died after suffering an intercranial hemorrhage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Pro-Constitution , Anti-Obama!”

Since: May 10

Capitan, NM

#1 May 28, 2010
What you talkin''bout Willis?

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

#2 May 28, 2010
Coleman died of a brain anyrisim, which is a different stroke.

(Sorry, heard that on another forum)

Capitan, NM

#3 May 28, 2010
BarbMoore wrote:
Coleman died of a brain anyrisim, which is a different stroke.
(Sorry, heard that on another forum)
Pretty good spin on words. To bad his life, which had so much promise, went south after Different Strokes.
Cactus Flower

Alamogordo, NM

#4 May 28, 2010
A brain aneurysm and a stroke share many of the same symptoms. From what I have read he suffered a fall a couple of days ago. A fall can be caused by a stroke or an aneurysm. Either one of these can cause intercranial hemorraging. IMHO someone dying, regardless of the cause, is not necessarily something to be "funny" about.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 May 28, 2010
R.I.P. Gary. You made us laugh.

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#6 May 28, 2010
Cactus Flower wrote:
A brain aneurysm and a stroke share many of the same symptoms. From what I have read he suffered a fall a couple of days ago. A fall can be caused by a stroke or an aneurysm. Either one of these can cause intercranial hemorraging. IMHO someone dying, regardless of the cause, is not necessarily something to be "funny" about.
Like I said, I got it from another forum. I just thought it was a creative use of words. Not funny but ironic that he passed from a different stroke.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#7 May 28, 2010
He will be missed.

Only the good die young - he was only 42 - not fair.

http://www.google.com/url...

Capitan, NM

#8 May 28, 2010
Cactus Flower wrote:
You do got a point. No death is funny, but some of them are welcome, ie Michael Jackson.
Cactus Flower

Alamogordo, NM

#9 May 28, 2010
Chaos Undercover wrote:
<quoted text>
You do got a point. No death is funny, but some of them are welcome, ie Michael Jackson.
Death is welcome, by who?

Capitan, NM

#10 May 28, 2010
Cactus Flower wrote:
<quoted text> Death is welcome, by who?
Ok the point I was getting at is that the death of certian people is welcome by civilization. Murderers, rapist, pedophiles ect.
A Voice of True Reason

Albuquerque, NM

#12 May 29, 2010
Chaos Undercover wrote:
<quoted text>
And who welcomed Michael Jackson's death (besides yourself)? How did the death of Michael Jackson, or Gary Coleman, or any other celebrity, give some relief to your life?
A Voice of True Reason

Albuquerque, NM

#13 May 29, 2010
Chaos Undercover wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok the point I was getting at is that the death of certian people is welcome by civilization. Murderers, rapist, pedophiles ect.
Gary Coleman, nor Michael Jackson for that matter, was a convicted murderer, rapist, or pedophile, and if they weren't in one of these categories, how is it again that you, or other parts of civilization, welcomes their deaths?

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#14 May 29, 2010
An innocent man does not pay millions to a family for nothing. Think about it.

He may not have been convicted by he was a child molester.
A Voice of True Reason

Albuquerque, NM

#15 May 29, 2010
BarbMoore wrote:
Other than your conjecture about supposedly buying his innocence, as you put it, what proof do you have? Were you there? Did you personally speak with the purported victim(s)? Do you have pictures, video, audio or DNA? Didn't think so. Opinion is opinion, but fact is fact and it is an undeniable fact that neither Michael Jackson nor Gary Coleman were convicted of any sort of sex crime.

Capitan, NM

#16 May 29, 2010
A Voice of True Reason wrote:
<quoted text> And who welcomed Michael Jackson's death (besides yourself)? How did the death of Michael Jackson, or Gary Coleman, or any other celebrity, give some relief to your life?
Michael Jackson was a child raper!! Thats how I welcomed it. Now there is one less pedophile out there to harm children. Now Coleman on the other hand wasnt in the "welcomed" categorie.

Capitan, NM

#17 May 29, 2010
<quoted text> Gary Coleman, nor Michael Jackson for that matter, was a convicted murderer, rapist, or pedophile, and if they weren't in one of these categories, how is it again that you, or other parts of civilization, welcomes their deaths?
ANyone with half a brain cell knows Jackson was a child raper!! Just as OJ was guilty of murder. All the millions Jackson paid to victims faily was hush money. And any CIVIL person applauded when Jackson kicked the bucket!

Capitan, NM

#18 May 29, 2010
BarbMoore wrote:
Voice of reason is a hug a thug. He is defending Jackson the same way is is defending illegal immigrants!

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#19 May 29, 2010
<quoted text> Other than your conjecture about supposedly buying his innocence, as you put it, what proof do you have? Were you there? Did you personally speak with the purported victim(s)? Do you have pictures, video, audio or DNA? Didn't think so. Opinion is opinion, but fact is fact and it is an undeniable fact that neither Michael Jackson nor Gary Coleman were convicted of any sort of sex crime.
This is the only proof I need.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1490772/2004...

Scary that you would defend a pedophile.
A Voice of True Reason

Albuquerque, NM

#20 May 29, 2010
Chaos Undercover wrote:
<quoted text>
ANyone with half a brain cell knows Jackson was a child raper!! Just as OJ was guilty of murder. All the millions Jackson paid to victims faily was hush money. And any CIVIL person applauded when Jackson kicked the bucket!
So much for the American principle of the presumption of innocence. In the court of public opinion, you may be right, but in the court of criminal procedure, which is really all that counts, you're incorrect.

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#21 May 29, 2010
<quoted text> So much for the American principle of the presumption of innocence. In the court of public opinion, you may be right, but in the court of criminal procedure, which is really all that counts, you're incorrect.
Courts get it wrong all the time. That's nothing new.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gary Coleman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dennis Hopper, Rue McClanahan Among Stars Lost ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Tary 1
News Gone but not forgotten, 2010: Goodbye to some t... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Dawne 2
News GARY COLEMAN 911 CALL: Coleman family reportedl... (Jun '10) Jul '10 Johnny C 22
Garry Coleman's ex makes out with a midget, parody (Jun '10) Jun '10 Jokeman 1
Gary Coleman Gay Sex Tape Discovered (Jun '10) Jun '10 Carnage Crew 1
Video Video about Gary Coleman (Jun '10) Jun '10 normanj 1
News 'Diff'rent Strokes' star Gary Coleman dies (May '10) Jun '10 utah girl 11
More from around the web