Winding Road, Gary gets Online or Gro...

Winding Road, Gary gets Online or Growing old is hard to do

Posted in the Gary Chapman Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ShapeImIn

Duarte, CA

#1 Jan 21, 2008
Some people are just naturally curious about others, and some aren't. I think it has to do with the way you're born.
For example, Gary gets online because he wants to know what's said about him and our family. I can't even pretend to be concerned about that. The fact is, he and I are very different that way. And I've learned I have to respect his interest in it.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/tcw/1998/jul...

I know it's old. The interviews were better back then.

She also admitted she didn't want to grow old or be invisible, so I suppose she is going to chase youth as far as she can. She said she would rather stare down the barrel of a shotgun than to suddenly be old.
phatt

Duarte, CA

#2 Jan 22, 2008
Perfect for Patrick since he likes to live in the past. This one's for you, PaTrick.
Gary Chapman Fan

Torrance, CA

#3 Jan 23, 2008
Considering this interview was done in 1998, when she was already carrying on with Vinnie, it makes me want to vomit. Being involved in all these church doings with Gary...considering she went to him in 1994 and told him (Gary's words) "my heart belongs to another man."
One thing you've got to hand to her - she's always been the queen of spin, even back then.
If she just came out and said she was playing more than golf with Vinnie, I'd at least have an ounce of respect for her honesty, if nothing else.
Judging Amy

Duarte, CA

#4 Jan 23, 2008
If that bothers, you ...don't go read Patrick's Amy is a patron saint post on the longest DUI thread.

Then, if you go to Vinny's videos and so many for her like You and You Alone, maybe even the Lonely Song, Whenever You Come Around, If You Ever Have Forever in Mind. The most dam*ing one is You and You Alone. The girl in the video is even wearing a brown dress almost exactly like one Amy wore in photo shoots.

I'm not sure about Heart in Motion, but every past that is suspect.

I used to like "Our Love" until I figured out that it might not be for her husband. Whether it is or isn't, the speculation or doubt ruined it for me.
I know there are plenty of other people to listen to.

I also saw "Love Has A Hold on Me" and realized how small her children were... If they had not had children, it would have been painful enough, but putting three kids in the mix.

The most recent thing was an Amy Grant Biography on the Photobucket where they showed a picture of her about to kiss Vince on the Today Show.

She said she loves looking at his face, that she learned that grabbing the face move from her kids and that she is so happy she is married to someone now whose judgment she can trust.

I guess it's the underhanded digs and the things she DOESN'T say.

I think the adults are all old enough to maybe handle it. I hope the kids come out of it okay.

I just don't see how the Gospel Girl can so flagrantly flaunt this thing and still have people defend her.

I guess she could have had a business agreement with her husband so her career wouldn't go under and she just waited to see if Janis would leave Vince. The icing on the cake was the note she placed in Vince's golf bag.
I've read everything from Janis's side and Vince has no comment but gets his licks in through his lyrics.

I think it is really sick the way he has his needle stuck in the bedroom activities all the time. He must think he is still really hot.

She's so tiny and scrawny that it would seem it would be like
Kate Moss mating with a polar bear. Nice visuals, huh?

I'd just as soon he didn't sing about it all the time. He was on the Crossroads Festival singing some of his new songs. I was so shocked when Sheryl was on stage instead of Amy.

Just a bunch of random thoughts like her Mosaic. I guess I'm saying more because Gary is supposedly off skiing. Maybe this will get buried or deleted by the time he comes back.

I'm sure nothing I write can be any more painful than what he has already experienced.

And I've never been one to defend his actions. I guess I just look at hers and wonder what I would do if I were the spouse.

Even James Dobson says if your spouse is unfaithful, you need to draw the line in the sand....tell them they can do whatever they want but if they are not faithful (emotionally and physically) then they can not be your spouse PERIOD.

I know it is all water under the bridge now. I wanted to be one of those...it is for the best people...but I've never been able to square her actions with what she said she was and the big coverup.
Phool Gold

Duarte, CA

#5 Jan 30, 2008
Gary Chapman Fan wrote:
Considering this interview was done in 1998, when she was already carrying on with Vinnie, it makes me want to vomit. Being involved in all these church doings with Gary...considering she went to him in 1994 and told him (Gary's words) "my heart belongs to another man."
One thing you've got to hand to her - she's always been the queen of spin, even back then.
If she just came out and said she was playing more than golf with Vinnie, I'd at least have an ounce of respect for her honesty, if nothing else.
Well Amy wrote one time or someone wrote for her that all that ugly black stuff in her heart is in ours too. I guess she is right. I should work on my own heart and it's not my life.

I recently had resolution in my own life of hurts dealt long ago.

Justice sometimes doesn't come later...sometimes it even comes after the death of another.

And it's odd how people who had such a hold on you when alive...once they go to Heaven, it's a whole different playing field.
Phool Gold

Duarte, CA

#6 Jan 30, 2008
Gary Chapman Fan wrote:
This week I'm running a special on not judging.
Can I reach redemption and get that stick out of my
eye that way?

Sorry Gary...
Gary Chapman fan

Canyon Country, CA

#7 Jan 31, 2008
Judging Amy...you're a hoot! Loved it! Yeah, that note in Vinny's golf bag...I still remember reading about it in People magazine. Wonder what spin she'd put on THAT...honestly, Gary Chapman is better off without her.

Phool Gold...sorry, but YAWN....
and yeah, the Bible also says that Christians are to take others to task for wrongdoings.

By the way the act of not judging is a myth. We all judge something. And yeah, I got a speck in my eye too.
ShapeImIn

Duarte, CA

#8 Feb 1, 2008
Gary Chapman Fan wrote:
It could be like my situation. Some think I should feel sorry for the person who may have been a third party in my divorce. They think I should feel sorry for them because they lived a hard life. Boo Hoo ..I lived a hard life too and when they were gone....who knows...maybe he was off with her.

I wasn't as patient as Gary. As soon as I sensed there might be someone else, I drew the line in the sand. It was crossed again. I gave them time to put away all their BACK DOOR MOVES.

There's been so much water under so many different bridges and honestly, if I could see the HOUSE OF LOVE go up in smoke, that would be okay by me. Not Amy's....

I'd make sure no one was in it. That would solve a lot of problems.
Then, it would just be the land. There's only one deed recorded and it's to my ex and me. Who would you say owns it?
still3363

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Feb 1, 2008
I'm hoping this will post...

So, the house was pre-marital? How long did they live in it after their marriage? There might be an interest in her "increased value" since marriage, but she should not expect ownership of a house she never bought. She's reading too much about Anna Nicole, which I read a bit about because it is so fascinating how people tick! Anna really did think she was entitled to her ex's fortune, yet she never even spent her Wedding Night with him! Just the thought is disturbing enough...

You need a good Attorney Phan. For not expecting a house in the first place, be prepared to give up a room or two to the Attorney, maybe even an entire floor. I had all this in my "unposted" which is why I'm breaking my own rule and posting again!

New music today Phan! Rascal Flatts, Maroon 5, Robert Plant/Alison Krauss, Mariah Carey, and David Gray. I thought I should stop there and that was just the front isle!

Get a good Attorney Phan and let them write an expensive letter on expensive letterhead, sent to Ms. Smith. Maybe that is all it will take, cause everyone knows you can't marry for money! I hope my ex's "sweetcheeks" joins the 21st Century sometime too.

Light an extra candle Phan. And oh, why June24? You even gave up the phonics!
Phreebird

Duarte, CA

#10 Feb 1, 2008
Here's the kicker. We built the house on land we thought was HIS. After we got the deed, we realized that his dad had some kind of a living
deal that as long as remained alive, he maintained control of the land. Upon his death, the land became his son's.

The house was deeded to us after we married.
It is the only exchange on the deed. It went to him and me.

When we started having problems, he abandoned the house (and me) and his dad gave me the right to live in it (even though it was mine). Weird, right?

Then he came back and I went to stay with family. Well, he changed the locks such that
I didn't have access to my own house. He just took over.

Anyway, fast forward. We divorced. They married. SHe had her own place and he moved in there. Our place was rental property.

Now, she has a house they bought together, properties she inherited from her family and
she thought she had his property sewed up in the bag.

Basically, it was never HERS. It was our community property. When he died, I don't know if it became ALL mine or what.

In the meantime, the grandpa died after his son.
None of his property went to my ex's wife and she signed off on any right to his property in exchange for the kids signing off on what she thought was HER property.

She thought she had everyone out of the picture and commenced to SELL what she thought was HER house. The title search didn't come up clean and my name came up repeatedly.

Now she wants me to pay her handsomely for her half that she hasn't even proven is HERS.

I'm wondering what kind of a tax break I would get if I turned my interest over to my church.

I have my vanilla candle burning.

She was really snotty after he died and had my e-mail address. She let me know that she was keeping the house as rental property, as an income for herself.

Apparently, an attorney told her I could go back and sue her for at least half the rent.

Everyone wants to know what I'm going to do.

Tonight, someone called and demanded to know
who my phone was registered to. It was a number up from where SHE works.

Let the games begin.

Can you imagine the nerve? She wags it in my face that my marital home, the one he and I built together is HERS upon his death. Then, when she finds out it is at least half mine, she tries to
RAPE me for $$$$ saying I should get a mortgage and buy her out.

She wants ME to pay for an appraisal. I'm already out almost $300.00 for just a title search.

Phreebird

Duarte, CA

#11 Feb 1, 2008
Mine didn't post either. Bottom line is that it was his and mine. When he died, it became mine.
She squatted in it because of her marriage to him and continued to rent it. She even tried to sell it out from under me and it came back with MY name on it.

Now she wamts me to BUY it from HER.

I don't think so CHILDREN.

His children signed off their rights to it.

They never lived there. The visited there.
It was always OUR HOUSE.

He was already divorced when I met him. His wife had remarried within a year of their divorce and to add insult to injury...his wife was jealous that we were married (I suppose) and got her current husband to agree to ADOPT one of his blood children.

It is a huge mess. Everyone is gone except the three kids. My ex's brother and sister are still loving.

The other property is tied up in such a way that they have to sell it all at once.

It's a huge mess for everyone.

ShapeImIn

Duarte, CA

#12 Feb 22, 2008
still3363 wrote:
So, the house was pre-marital? How long did they live in it after their marriage? There might be an interest in her "increased value" since marriage, but she should not expect ownership of a house she never bought. She's reading too much about Anna Nicole, which I read a bit about because it is so fascinating how people tick! Anna really did think she was entitled to her ex's fortune, yet she never even spent her Wedding Night with him! Just the thought is disturbing enough...
You need a good Attorney Phan. For not expecting a house in the first place, be prepared to give up a room or two to the Attorney, maybe even an entire floor. I had all this in my "unposted" which is why I'm breaking my own rule and posting again!
New music today Phan! Rascal Flatts, Maroon 5, Robert Plant/Alison Krauss, Mariah Carey, and David Gray. I thought I should stop there and that was just the front isle!
Get a good Attorney Phan and let them write an expensive letter on expensive letterhead, sent to Ms. Smith. Maybe that is all it will take, cause everyone knows you can't marry for money! I hope my ex's "sweetcheeks" joins the 21st Century sometime too.
I should put January because that is when the house was deeded to us. He was do disgusted with his dad for tying up the property that he moved to Austin and assigned my uncle to rent it out. It became rent property after that. I never thought of asking him for half the rent, but now that he is gone and has been gone for almost 5 years and doesn't need rent money, it seems selfish that McGreedy, his widow is taking all the rent and whining to me about not paying taxes or upkeep. Clears throat...Um, you had my half of the rent to pay taxes and upkeep. I have never asked for a PENNY of it...and you brought it to me.

I think the property may well be haunted like the Rose Red Mansion.
ShapeImIn

Duarte, CA

#13 Mar 9, 2008
Now a scathing note from my former stepson.
Guess I need to do like the author of Eat Love and Pray and write a letter to God.
tex

Duarte, CA

#14 May 17, 2008
still3363 wrote:
I'm enjoying peace and quiet for now.
Maybe she will have a seizure like Kennedy
or a tornado will wipe the lot clean.
In the meantime, my cousin I thought of
buying the house for up and moved about an hour or so away from me. I took care of her when she was a baby...maybe she is coming back "home"?
I'm glad she left that area and a nasty ex as well.
I prayed for her to leave him and his nasty children. Prayers answered several years ago.
She is going back to finish her college...another prayer answered. I always pray for good things for others...
Weeds

United States

#15 Jun 16, 2008
Stella thinks Gary is a bunch of people on the board.
Tex_Sneakers

Spring, TX

#16 Oct 14, 2008
Gotta go run a little. Hope everyone has a great day!
tex_

Spring, TX

#17 Oct 25, 2008
still3363 wrote:
Thanks for caring, STILL. My first husband owned the property and then he and I built a house on it. In January after we were married, his dad officially deeded the land to us, but with a catch. It could not be sold.
He resented his dad's interference, so we bought another piece of property.

Long story longer. During the divorce, my attorney researched it and I should have gotten half the house or a settlement, but the dad owned the land. I could have made him sell and move the house or bought out his half, etc.

At any rate, somehow we managed to put a divorce through without dealing with the issue of the house. He had built it and he needed a placed to live plus I was moving away, so it wasn't really an issue for me.

Once the divorce became final, he rented out the house and moved to Austin. It has been rental property ever since. He finally remarried and he and his 3rd wife bought a house in 2000 which is where she lives.

Technically, I should have been receiving half the rent all those years since it was community property. Now she #3 has the house but can't prove it is even half hers since she can't find the will.

I've done things through attorneys and right now I just don't need the heartburn. They get richer and you get s c r e w e d in most cases.
She can hire the attorney and hunt me. She can also go through the courts and petition to sell it without my consent.

She stayed with him because she thought she was going to cha-ching cash out. It's not working out for her. I believe God is involved somehow.

I'll let him work on it some more.
Metro_M

Spring, TX

#18 Jan 5, 2009
Gary Chapman fan wrote:
Judging Amy...you're a hoot! Loved it! Yeah, that note in Vinny's golf bag...I still remember reading about it in People magazine. Wonder what spin she'd put on THAT...honestly, Gary Chapman is better off without her.
Phool Gold...sorry, but YAWN....
and yeah, the Bible also says that Christians are to take others to task for wrongdoings.
By the way the act of not judging is a myth. We all judge something. And yeah, I got a speck in my eye too.
Janis (Vince's ex) or someone posing as her posted on another board and claims her attorney has the note, but it really all water under the bridge now. I wish everyone well in 2009. Don't faint, Still.
Metro_M

Spring, TX

#19 Jan 10, 2009
still3363 wrote:
The house was only ever deeded to us. My stepchildren signed off their interest because they inherited property from my ex's father. When my ex father in law became somewhat mentally incapacitated or aged, his third wife signed away his interest to the property. So, Miss Thang #3 thought she had all of her ducks in a row. She went to sell the property and claims to have had a buyer. Then she was told that I was still on the title, so she just folded and went back to renting. She is now tired of paying taxes and maintenance. She thought she could recover her losses by sticking it to me and getting me to buy a house that has not been maintained properly.

She's really stupid. She went and bought a 3 bedroom 2 bath house and has to pay thousands in taxes and has had to commute for her jobs. She's the one who needs the Silver Stream trailer. Her life choices are not my problem. She says if she retires, she can't afford to keep her house unless she sells this other one and gets a cash flow. She tried to bully me into agreeing to sell and I said no. If she wants to force it, she will have to pay out money to an attorney, etc. She hasn't done the probate because it is still in my ex's name.

I suggested to her stepson that if she truly has part ownership that she sell that to a third party (the renter) and then I'd deal with the renter but not all of my ex's family. Been there done that...not interested.

Life, oh life, is a curious thing!
PutItInHisHands

Spring, TX

#20 Jan 27, 2010
still3363 wrote:
Gary gives the best advice via song - Put It In His Hands

Houses become burdens. Maybe it should be address to Mrs. Pontius. She will get tired of
it and then what will she do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gary Chapman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Josh Duggar's a Hypocrite, and it's MY Fault (Nov '15) May '16 Three Days 34
I'm Gonna Fly (Sep '12) Mar '16 Im just sayin 12
Two Adulterous Affairs (Mar '12) Mar '16 Christian 11
Cassie Piersol Chapman's Children (Mar '13) Feb '16 Linlou 16
News Amy Grant shares voice on pages (Dec '07) Nov '15 vinnys gal 88
Splash of Red, Favorite Shoes, That Thing U Do (Apr '12) Nov '15 Then She Did 8
Amy still HAS to work? (Jan '12) Nov '15 Then She Did 12
More from around the web