That Myspace Really Opened Up my Eyes

Posted in the Gary Chapman Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Once Was a Chapman Fan

Canyon Country, CA

#1 Feb 23, 2008
Uh, how can I say this, but adios amigos.
I am now ashamed of my ever bashing Amy Grant because of a divorce - there definitely are two sides to every story and in the end, we all do sin.
Gary Chapman's Myspace, his obvious divorce from a second wife and the content of his girlfriend's website really opened up my eyes.

Sorry Amy. I'm outta here.
GChap

Avon Park, FL

#2 Feb 24, 2008
Good luck with carrying all that judgmentalism. It'll get heavy after awhile and you'll get tired. See you then.
Emily

Duluth, GA

#3 Feb 25, 2008
I don't see anything offensive on his MySpace page. Who's his girlfriend?
guess who

AOL

#4 Feb 26, 2008
The blonde named "Cassie". I tink the former gary fan was talking about her myspace page, which she has now set to ""private".
JaneSmith

Duarte, CA

#5 Feb 28, 2008
I guess I missed all the excitement. My space pages are for amusement. I don't think you can "judge" a person by their myspace.

I have seen Gary's. There's nothing wrong with it.
She_itty_Wife

Duarte, CA

#6 Jun 10, 2008
He needs to find his way into the Kardashian family.
Let's see - Kim posed for Playboy
Khloe got a DUI.
Kourtney thought she was pregnant. Went to Vegas and thought
about getting married.
Kendall talked her mom into a puppy without telling her stepdad.
Kylie keeps a low profile?
The 20 something year olds still call Mom for everything.
If Gary moved to where they live, it would be no big deal.
It's just that Tennessee must be kind of old world or something.
Won Ton

Duarte, CA

#7 Jun 10, 2008
Now on to other ventures in the Orient. You couldn't pay me to eat the things Anthony Bourdain and Nari are eating.

Then on to karaoke.
Big Love

Duarte, CA

#8 Jun 15, 2008
GChap wrote:
Good luck with carrying all that judgmentalism. It'll get heavy after awhile and you'll get tired. See you then.
You know I carry sarcasm a lot

Have you or Amy or anyone in Nashville been approached about doing a reality tv show or would you have to move to LA or up where the Gosselins live and maybe adopt 5 more kids?

Keeping Up with the Chapmans (and friends)?

Change your name to Chapdashian and get booty treatments like
Kim perhaps did?

Could have had your traffic stop on tape like Khloe.

Kourtney going through her pregnancy scare and possible trip to the Little White Chapel....even at age 28 seemed strange.

Would your kids ever let their life be exposed like that...like the Kardashian and Jenner kids?

It is quite interesting. Bruce seems to try to keep things on an even keel, but there's just too many kids and people to do so.

Bruce and Kris are in their 50's and have 10 and 12 year girls. I wish they would show more of them, but maybe they try to protect their privacy.
stella

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jun 16, 2008
AS IF YOU'RE NOT JUDGMENTAL, GARY! You judge Vince and Amy ALL. THE. D*MN. TIME.
GChap

Pleasant Hope, MO

#10 Jun 16, 2008
Wow, Stella.
I do believe you've let your anger get the best of you. It's been my experience that nothing good can come of your situation. I recommend you find an exhausting hobby or a beautiful girlfriend.(they can be the same if that works for you)
By the way, while you're in my head, reading my thoughts, can you sort through my schedule. It gets a little confusing sometimes.
G
stella

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jun 16, 2008
I know you are, but what am I, G?
Tex_Sneakers

Spring, TX

#12 Oct 14, 2008
I really can't imagine having kids at 40. Did anyone the Duggars and Bates families? On the TLC last night. Michelle and Jim Bob are working on #18 with 17 children already and I believe she is 42. Another family who came to visit them, the Bates family, has 16 and #17 on the way. It's really hard to go from that to the Kardashians who are so wild.

At what age did you stop wanting to have children, Gary? I saw that on the Oprah picture, it was Amy, Matt, someone I don't know, Jenny, Millie and Sarah plus Vince posed together. Oh, and Corrina somewhere in the mix, sitting by Jenny I do believe. They look like they have blended pretty well or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

VirgilP

Valley City, OH

#13 Oct 17, 2008
i know cassie personally. we are not close friends, but she is one of the sweetest most down to earth people i have ever met. it amazes me how someone can judge without ever talking to a person.
Why do you bother

Auburn, WA

#14 Oct 17, 2008
Hey Gary.. What brings you here to put up with such nonsence from some really messed up folks?
I am confident that there are lots of rational people out there, that love and care for both you and Amy. And are wishing good things in your lives. You guys gave us music that touch our hearts and helped us through this life. I thank you for that.
I would be so sad and disugested if this is how people treated my Ex or myself. I dont know how you do it.
Off topic... I would love to hear some of the inspiration behinds some of your new songs. I wish we could have a music only thread. I am so exited about the new Music. I have asked when your going to do and CD ..But my spidey senses tell me your going Sell those song and not do a CD :( Say it aint so G. say it aint so!
tex_

Spring, TX

#15 Oct 26, 2008
guess who wrote:
The blonde named "Cassie". I tink the former gary fan was talking about her myspace page, which she has now set to ""private".
We don't have to guess who. We always know WHO.
Tex_

Spring, TX

#16 Oct 30, 2008
Why do you bother wrote:
Hey Gary.. What brings you here to put up with such nonsence from some really messed up folks?
I am confident that there are lots of rational people out there, that love and care for both you and Amy. And are wishing good things in your lives. You guys gave us music that touch our hearts and helped us through this life. I thank you for that.
I would be so sad and disugested if this is how people treated my Ex or myself. I dont know how you do it.
Off topic... I would love to hear some of the inspiration behinds some of your new songs. I wish we could have a music only thread. I am so exited about the new Music. I have asked when your going to do and CD ..But my spidey senses tell me your going Sell those song and not do a CD :( Say it aint so G. say it aint so!
He's rarely here and it's usually short. Maybe he is working more on his myspace and music plus his girlfriend who is 20 plus years younger than him. He probably spends a lot of time in the GYM. I've only ever been the younger, so I don't know how the older feels. Anything younger than 5 years feels creepy.
GChap

Nashville, TN

#17 Oct 30, 2008
Actually, it's not creepy at all.
There is a tremendous upside to being childish.

Regarding the previous post, I'm putting up the stories behind the songs on myspace. It'll take a minute, but that's a great idea.
G
Tex_

Spring, TX

#18 Oct 30, 2008
Maybe I wasn't clear. I was the younger person in the 17 year old female meets 33 year old male. I didn't notice the age difference at all. He was actually perfect for me. It took a long time to get to know him and we didn't start a real relationship until later. If it hadn't been for his ex urinating in the well due to jealousy and his brother being jealous, it might have worked.
For some reason, he could never tell his brother no....whether it was giving away something of ours or going on a drinking binge.

I wish I still had the letter he wrote me. He said I was the best thing that ever happened to him but that he couldn't handle. I was so young and full of energy, wanted to accomplish so many things that it made him feel like a failure.

I never thought of him as a failure at all. He was very talented, smart,
and just had a kind of Alan Jackson way about him. You know, even the walk they talk is similar. And he was very country kind of like Alan.

Things like rain on a metal roof made him happy or homemade ice cream, anything old-fashioned. He loved it because my family was kind of like that too. We'd make things from scratch, iron, etc.

What got him was when his kids went off to college, they stayed close to where their mom and stepdad were and didn't move close to him/us.
It's like he realized what all he had missed and it just killed him. He quit working and had more time to think and drink.

Maybe if I had been 28 instead of 18 I could have hung in there. It doesn't matter now. We said our amends before he left this earth.

As he aged, he did not want to be childish and was more grouchy. Like I said, walking on eggshells got old. I like to tease and cut-up.

And I'm not making a dig about the gym. I could stand to log some miles there myself.

What I really meant to say was that after trying the older route, I did date some the same age or up to 5 years younger...but guys are already so immature, it just didn't work for me.

I think it is different when it is flip-flopped.

If it works for you, that's all that matters. Just don't let others mess it up.
That's my only advice.
Why do you bother

Auburn, WA

#19 Oct 31, 2008
Well I am an older person in my marriage and I am female.. My guy is 8yrs younger and its a great fit. my kids hooked us up. So I think thats a stereo type to say its diffrent flip flopped.
Metro_Flex

Spring, TX

#20 Nov 13, 2008
Why do you bother wrote:
Well I am an older person in my marriage and I am female.. My guy is 8yrs younger and its a great fit. my kids hooked us up. So I think thats a stereo type to say its diffrent flip flopped.
I can only give my own experience. I married someone quite a bit older and it didn't work out. Then I got in really great shape, working out to relieve my angst and I attracted guys who were a little younger up to 8 years younger. It was all transient, not destined to go anywhere relationships. I didn't find any younger guys that had much of a clue in the intimacy dept. There are also guys my age that are clueless in that dept. as well.

So, in the end, I think at some point you find someone with whom you are compatible in terms of companionship and who also trips your trigger elsewhere (sorry if that grosses you out). And I think it is important that you are spiritually in sync.

Is that explicit enough?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gary Chapman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy Grant-Apostate or Not? (Apr '13) Oct '16 ZVision 2
Chapman Kids in January 2007 Good Housekeeping (Dec '07) Sep '16 tonyring387 55
How Vince Handlers Hecklers... (Mar '12) Aug '16 22tangi 9
News Josh Duggar's a Hypocrite, and it's MY Fault (Nov '15) May '16 Three Days 34
I'm Gonna Fly (Sep '12) Mar '16 Im just sayin 12
Two Adulterous Affairs (Mar '12) Mar '16 Christian 11
Cassie Piersol Chapman's Children (Mar '13) Feb '16 Linlou 16
More from around the web