Sky is Falling
Bed Head

Spring, TX

#1 May 20, 2012
I keep hearing that the country is going broke or the sky is falling. People keep buying like there is no tomorrow. I just saw where someone was wanting pity for needing 2,700 for their taxes on their home.

Any horror stories, Buck?
Buck

AOL

#2 May 21, 2012
Too too many TX. People are resorting to suicide.
so glad we don't have another Bush in the white house. One that says "no new taxes, READ MY LIPS"
yeah right. LOL
If only those who could help, would help, so many who can, like to live high on the hog as the saying goes. paycheck to paycheck living for a lot of folks, ain't it the truth.
Love

Spring, TX

#3 Sep 22, 2012
I try to help people and they are too proud to take groceries, to let me pay for their lunch or give them a free ride to the grocery store. What do you do when people choose to struggle when there is help?
buck

AOL

#4 Sep 23, 2012
some don't want help go figure?
it maybe accepting the charity thing I don't know.
you just keep the goodness going in your heart
you know your Maker sees it and won't forget it.
Love

Spring, TX

#5 Sep 24, 2012
I believed we are called by God, compelled by God, to help others if we are to ourselves. If we have been blessed with more than enough food, more than enough clothes, more than enough money, we are not to hoard it. There's no reason for anyone to go hungry in this country or without clothes/shoes or even shelter.
I know Amy did some kind of Country Crock Omega 3 campaign titled Small Changes.
I'm not talking about something where you get your picture taken. I am talking about something you do because it's the right thing to do and you get no credit. Guess that's impossible when you are a star.
Tex Trilogy

Spring, TX

#6 Feb 28, 2013
buck wrote:
some don't want help go figure?
it maybe accepting the charity thing I don't know.
you just keep the goodness going in your heart
you know your Maker sees it and won't forget it.
Well, now that more is coming out of the paycheck, I may be angling for someone to pick up a meal or two for me. Just kidding. If I didn't have the money to go out, I'd stay home or just get a drink and a small meal or snack. I'll let someone buy me something like a lemon ice, around $2.00 but not a big meal unless it is my spouse. I alway get treated.

Now, with more being taken from us, we will probably eat out less and maybe shop for more bargains. Will that help or hurt the economy? Plus drive vehicles a lot longer....we used to trade about every 3 years.
buck

AOL

#7 Mar 3, 2013
it's already in the annual reports that we spent less last year on shopping etc.
they want to raise minimum wage rather Obama is pushing for it, you know that will result in less wage increase and no doubt more layoffs. but you know we amercians gotta survive too, nice to see a president on the people's side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gary Chapman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Josh Duggar's a Hypocrite, and it's MY Fault (Nov '15) May '16 Three Days 34
I'm Gonna Fly (Sep '12) Mar '16 Im just sayin 12
Two Adulterous Affairs (Mar '12) Mar '16 Christian 11
Cassie Piersol Chapman's Children (Mar '13) Feb '16 Linlou 16
News Amy Grant shares voice on pages (Dec '07) Nov '15 vinnys gal 88
Splash of Red, Favorite Shoes, That Thing U Do (Apr '12) Nov '15 Then She Did 8
Amy still HAS to work? (Jan '12) Nov '15 Then She Did 12
More from around the web