Will Janis beat Gary?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tex_

Spring, TX

#1 Oct 24, 2008
janis879

70. Re: Amy Grant, Vince Gill, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Rogers: Home for the Holidays
Apr 15, 2008 4:45 PM | In response to: pm1969
Hi There, Couldn't help myself. My name is Janis Oliver, and I am Vince's ex-wife. You are sadly mistaken about so many things. Vince and I had never split up before he became involved with Amy. And when your husband is a huge star, I admit, sometimes it was sometimes a challenge to deal with overbearing female fans..... but our mail lady was never one of them. I've never apologized for anything I've said.... because I've yet to really speak on the matter. Plus, I have nothing to apologize for. Vince and i had a confidentiality agreement lasting for five years. He hoped to seal the issue for life, but I refused. That should say volumes. That five year period has come and gone. Just as Amy has written a book, I too am writing a book. I hope this will answer many questions about what really happened. My book will be honest, funny, insightful... but never mean-spirited. Vince and I are friends, and see each other from time to time, as our daughter, Jenny, sings in and around the Nashville area. He is a fantastic father. I also think quite alot of Amy, and she and I have wanted to get together and share a glass of wine for some time. I realize this doesn't fit in with what you wish to believe is true, but that's not my problem. By the way, the note from the golf bag remains in my lawyers safe. It is not hearsay. Peace and love to you all. Janis

Who thinks this is phoney baloney, maybe made up by their PR cheerleader in New Jersey?
tex_

Spring, TX

#2 Oct 26, 2008
Is Janis in Hawaii or New Mexico?
Former Al-Anon

Spring, TX

#3 Oct 28, 2008
Hey, Gary, I did some digging and Janis Gill Cummins has a myspace page.
Finally

Millbrae, CA

#4 Oct 28, 2008
Hey Tex is that really from Janis or a fake imposter??
Metro_Flex

Spring, TX

#5 Nov 13, 2008
I didn't dig very much. All I know is that it is there. You will have to decide for yourself. I'm not really all that into Janis.
Metro_M

Spring, TX

#6 Jan 6, 2009
Did you see where Janis supposedly wrote on the Oprah boards? If it is her, she claims her and Vince are friends and that she admires Amy. Maybe that is old MA or MP. Okay, it's 2009. Who still cares?
Ben A Drill

Spring, TX

#7 Jan 13, 2009
Finally wrote:
Either way, it ended the posting.
_Tex

Spring, TX

#8 Dec 20, 2009
Finally wrote:
Janis seems to have gone completely underground. I was never a fan of hers or her now ex.
Do you think all of Amy's talk of lovemaking is to get at Vince's Ex or hers? Is she really that threatened by a young stepmother to her children who seem to really get along with Cassie?
Tex_

Spring, TX

#9 Jan 23, 2010
Finally wrote:
Maybe "you know who" wrote it to make it look Amy and Vince look all saintly.
Someone said Amy is looking like Dana Delaney these days based on her recent
cover pic on a magazine.
Brian L

Nashville, TN

#10 Jan 23, 2010
Another knock from Tx idiot...does it get old being so mean?
Tell_U_Why

Spring, TX

#11 Feb 20, 2010
Saggitarians tend to be "story tellers" in that they write and tell things that are embellished at the least and faked at the worst. I know this is a generalization, but I have known many Saggitarians and this was a consistent trait. Add that to the ex actually having the creative bent plus studying in college in these areas, could it be possible that this is either wishful thinking or fantasy?
BakedNotFried

Spring, TX

#12 Feb 24, 2010
Finally wrote:
Found this from when Vince and Janis were still married. I'm sure someone will call me out on things I've posted. I don't post anything I haven't read or seen somewhere. Janis said Vince was a slob.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/...
Nothing_Sacred

Spring, TX

#13 Feb 27, 2010
Brian L wrote:
Why must you call names?
Holy_Water

Spring, TX

#14 Feb 27, 2010
Finally wrote:
If it's Janis, she isn't letting it got yet either.
Brian L

Nashville, TN

#15 Feb 27, 2010
LOL...couldn't agree with you more!
Tex_the Noticer

Spring, TX

#16 Mar 5, 2010
Finally wrote:
It's hard to tell these days. She supposedly is relaunching her Sweethearts career.
I don't ever see her singing with Jenny though. Just Vince. This is not a judgment,
just an observation.
sfmflrjs

Spring, TX

#17 Mar 15, 2010
Brian L wrote:
You are too sensitive for this site. I don't know why you insist on staying here.
Tex_Caffeinated

Spring, TX

#18 Mar 17, 2010
Brian L wrote:
LOL...couldn't agree with you more!
Mary Anne with one of her aliases asked if Janis was getting a divorce. She must be licking her chops for that news like a divorce means that the second chance team is vindicated if the exes get divorced.
What kind of pretzel logic is that? Just kidding. I get it.
Brian L

Nashville, TN

#19 Mar 21, 2010
_Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
Janis seems to have gone completely underground. I was never a fan of hers or her now ex.
Do you think all of Amy's talk of lovemaking is to get at Vince's Ex or hers? Is she really that threatened by a young stepmother to her children who seem to really get along with Cassie?
blah blah blah blah blah
Get_A_Clue

Spring, TX

#20 May 14, 2010
Brian L wrote:
<quoted text>
blah blah blah blah blah
That took some work. You must have gotten tired while answering all of those posts.
Any wedding pics or did Jenny have to postpone due to Vince and Amy's house being flooded?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gary Chapman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Adulterous Affairs (Mar '12) Fri bj jester 13
Janis Oliver Gill already said it all or did she? (Feb '10) Aug 1 bj jester 39
Amy Grant pregnant (Feb '10) Jul '17 ganoblewms 46
Married to one of Gary's old girlfriends (Jul '07) Jun '17 Diog 117
Cassie Piersol Chapman's Children (Mar '13) May '17 Lasssy 21
Tammy Sue Bakker-Chapman (Oct '12) Mar '17 patricia 2
Gary and Cassie's new baby girl (Mar '13) Jan '17 Kimberly Sager 7
More from around the web