Gary Chapman's kids were on Oprah 2007

Gary Chapman's kids were on Oprah 2007

Posted in the Gary Chapman Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Phantom Ghost

Duarte, CA

#1 Dec 20, 2007
Did anyone see Gary's kids on Oprah in 2007 with their mom and Vince singing "True Love" and Amy promoting her greatest hits, her book
"Mosaic" and Vince's box set of 43 songs? They had all five there to include Jenny, Matt, Millie, Sarah, Corrina and the nanny Phyllis, of course.
Now people are questioning Oprah on why she was just eating up this love story like it was something so good. There were a lot of negative posts on the Oprah board for the Country Music Superstars Home for the Holidays.
Shortly after that appearance, all SEVEN appeared in a pic in Good Housekeeping...Vince, Amy, Sarah, Corrina, Millie, Matt, and Jenny
talking about how their yours, mine and ours family finally became blended.
Meanwhile, Gary's site is down, so we don't get his side of the story.
It's just the PR they put out continuously.
still3363

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Dec 20, 2007
Good obsefvation Texas!

It's been going on for years like this.

Who ever made her Ms. Role Model anyhow?

I admire Gary's dignity, though I imagine it must be he-- to watch the PR machine in motion.

If it were me, I'd let the entire world know the facts. Afterall, we are called to be truthful and honest. Gary deserves more than this trash he's getting.

I think the day is coming...
Phantom Ghost

Duarte, CA

#3 Dec 20, 2007
I'm sure you realize that because her singing and guitar skills were minimal despite having a pretty little face, they had to find some way to stylize and package her. The target audience - Christians. She played that gig until she met Vince and then decided she wanted to cross over.

Now the kicker is she has to live out her life with someone who doesn't respect her enough to keep what happened behind closed doors scared and private.

They are letting the cat out of the bag little by little. Admissions of inappropriate time alone together, writing songs for one another, leaning on one another. They have admitted the Affair of the Heart. Now she has to release "True Love" and sing of all those years wanting and desperate longing with all of her kids in attendance.

I know in situations where I have had someone do something underhanded to me and it got back to me, people will tell me you have to let God handle it and that eventually they will get theirs. It seems people like that go through life charmed and unscathed.

Maybe the cost is that she has to put on her game face and play the "True Love" game wherever she goes for the rest of her life no matter what is going on behind the scenes.

I just read that Angelina is "borderline" ...would anyone want to guess what Gary's ex would be labeled?
Charley horse

Duarte, CA

#4 Dec 22, 2007
Still 3363,

I have read where Gary or someone claiming to be Gary has spoken/written about the PR machine.
He claims it was okay when was on AG's side of it. Once they split, he was on the wrong side of the fence and VG slid into his protected slot.

I hope Gary didn't watch the Oprah Show, but I have no doubt that he did or his kids told him all about it once they returned home.

I'm sorry, but I find AG'S stepdaughter to be a behind kisser and a little creepy. If Amy starts singing Thank God and Greyhound You're Gone or
Jenny Got Run Over by a Reindeer or something similar, we'll know the deal.

If you watched the showh or the footage, you can see where they flash to the audience so you can see the Yours, Mine and Ours Menagerie or Entourage of Phyllis, Corrina, Jenny, Sarah,
Millie and Matt.

The kids had that deer in the headlights look or the please make it stop. Like trained seals or pets, they were all clapping though. Is it creepy to anyone else except me?

ckbsjkk

AOL

#5 Dec 22, 2007
FYI, Phylis was not at the Oprah show and is no logner employed "full time" by Amy and Vince. Vince has been quoted as saying that he was surprised that the kids wanted to go to the Oprah show because usually don't care what Vince and Amy are doing or where they are going. What's with you anyway? Too much time on your hands?
Comeback FOG

Duarte, CA

#6 Dec 28, 2007
still3363 wrote:
Good obsefvation Texas!
It's been going on for years like this.
Who ever made her Ms. Role Model anyhow?
I admire Gary's dignity, though I imagine it must be he-- to watch the PR machine in motion.
If it were me, I'd let the entire world know the facts. Afterall, we are called to be truthful and honest. Gary deserves more than this trash he's getting.
I think the day is coming...
I seriously do not know how Gary has handled this.
It isn't just the Oprah Show. It's the dating of Vince while married, telling Gary she didn't love him in 1994 but still doing articles and PR that said she did, writing love songs for Vince and psasing them off as love songs for Gary, setting her tour schedule so she had time to pop in for Vince's golfing events and I'm sure there is much more that the avg. bear is not privy to.

She continued to hold herself out as one person while leading a double life. Rumor has it that Vince wasn't the first deal. She says she didn't have a getaway plan with Vince, but look at his songs such as Whenever You Come Around, You and You Alone, If You Ever Have Forever in Mind, etc.
They also did a song together on his 1994 album.
Was it not titled "When Love Finds You?"

If it had just been her and Gary and she had fallen for another, that would be one thing, but she had three children in the mix.

The poor little Amy deal is getting so tiring. If anyone ever looked back, she looks happy in all those photos with Vince and after Vince got free of Janis, she was absolutely glowing. Gary has said that they didn't raise kids that were idiots and that they have known what was going on for a long time. I know someone will say what if the kids read this? The kids don't have to read it. They lived it and are still living it.

Her book she promoted on Oprah is a total joke.
There were excerpts from it. She has an active fantasy life. Did you read the one about how she was very pregnant and was crawling on her hands and knees, saw a deer and ended up just holding on to it? That wasn't anything she wrote new. That was from a long time ago.

Phantom Ghost

Duarte, CA

#7 Dec 28, 2007
I hope someone will answer this time around.
Whit

Clarksville, IN

#8 Dec 28, 2007
One thing I always keep in mind is that we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. We only see the public side, or what we perceive based on what is out there. Vince Gill could very well be a quality step-father. Matt, Millie, and Sarah could be greatly loved by him, and they might very well adore him too. Who knows? I don't, and I'm sure no one who is outside of that circle knows either. I hope Vince treats those three as preciously as he appears to treat Jenny and Corrina. Likewise, I hope Amy treats Jenny as preciously as she treats Matt, Millie, and Sarah. I don't know what lies behind closed doors, so I won't assume anything based on my own observations.
Phantom Ghost

Duarte, CA

#9 Dec 28, 2007
I would prefer not to know the personal side like their sex life that Vince talks about and admits his song lyrics are inspired this aspect of their relationship.

They have said that the older kids have their own lives and that it is only at Christmas that things slow down enough that they might see them. Between their touring and appearance schedules, promoting the book, promoting new music, charity events and so on, how would there be much time or energy left?

The looks on the Chapman teen/grown faces were not that of adoration at the Oprah show, not from where I was sitting.

None of them have been interviewed regarding
the stepparenting thing. Don't you think they are too old to have their mom speak for them?

What I noticed on the Oprah show was that Amy wanted to get out the story about her and Jenny most of all.

I also noticed on her video blogs that she seems to be pretty oblivious to her kids when they are around. She seems to be in her own world, as always.

Maybe kids will find a way, find a way through it anyway.

Like Am has laughed about...she has plenty of money for therapy later on.
phan

Duarte, CA

#10 Dec 29, 2007
I thought there was a period peace on V and A's romance, but it's a promo for the Tudors. What do you want to bet they have that movie Original Sin
and dress up on Halloween like Angelina and Antonio Banderas. Why didn't she end up with him and why didn't Julia Roberts end up with Brad Pitt after the filming of the Mexican?

See, my attention span on this is fading. Boring.
Phan_g

Duarte, CA

#11 Dec 30, 2007
ckbsjkk wrote:
FYI, Phylis was not at the Oprah show and is no logner employed "full time" by Amy and Vince. Vince has been quoted as saying that he was surprised that the kids wanted to go to the Oprah show because usually don't care what Vince and Amy are doing or where they are going. What's with you anyway? Too much time on your hands?
They probably so enjoy Vince crafting his songs about how he can't stay away from Amy's Sweet Thing, how he wants to stay in bed all weekend and lock them all out, how he wants to take some Levitra so he can cowboy up and down until his Levitra wears off, and all of the other things.

Jenny has obviously been bought off. She says whatever Amy wants to keep the peace and so she can tour with them and perhaps build her singing career. Vince says she has a job, but she has the itch to sing (like her mama).

Of course, the big news is that Corrina can already sing and hula hoop. What a treat for concert goers (rolls eyes0.

Amy ignores Corrina and Vince ends up having to be the Nanny. That's such a waste of talent, wouldn't you say? Amy and Gary were able to afford $$$ more. What happened to the Gill and
Grant cash flow? Janis got a huge settlement.
How about Gary?

Did they think if the exes were silent that no one would figure things out?

They are just really sickening THESE DAYS.
Where will they land now that the Oprah gig is over? Amy's segment on Paula's Party was pretty lame. She brought her sisters instead of anyone else. Who wants to see her sisters? They haven't had all the work and glam squad treatment she has.

I don't look ahead, so what is their Next Big Thing?

Why don't they tour in Canada, Europe and Australia like the Dixie Chicks? They have kids and they do it? Amy and Gary hired tutors for the Chapman kids. Or is it because AG and VG are at the END of their careers instead of starting out?

How many more years before they are put out to pasture?
Full-time

Duarte, CA

#12 Dec 31, 2007
What happened to their full-time cheerleader? Tell me, have you seen her?

If the cheerleader is in New Jersey, doubtful she works for them.
If she worked for them, she would have a confidentiality agreement.

She claims not to be an Amy fan.

So, is she like Amy was before she successfully stalked (by her own admission) and captured the Voluptuous Vince?

I would have never heard of him if he had not been on A's House of Love.

Now she is described as a Country Superstar. On what continent?

It just gets worse and worse....the misrepresentation.
VampireEyes

Duarte, CA

#13 Dec 31, 2007
ckbsjkk wrote:
FYI, Phylis was not at the Oprah show and is no logner employed "full time" by Amy and Vince. Vince has been quoted as saying that he was surprised that the kids wanted to go to the Oprah show because usually don't care what Vince and Amy are doing or where they are going. What's with you anyway? Too much time on your hands?
I hope you drop your nasty attitude in 2008.
I don't know how you thought they were having a good time. Did you not see the looks on their faces or maybe you were only fixated on Jenny.
I doubt she will always be close with Amy. There's a tendency to pull in close to learn all you can about the stepmom. Then, at some point, the stepchild goes in for the KILL. Then they walk away. When or if Jenny has a child and upstages Amy, don't you think it will be over?
Especially if Vince dotes on it? It won't be Amy's blood grandchild. Sorry, but I think it is creepy the way she hangs around them, tours with them and doesn't seem to have her own life. She is almost 26 years old. Trust me, it's not over with the stepmom stepdaughter thing just because they are all smiles now. She could have even been bribed. Amy says she doesn't care what people think, so why must she keep up appearances?
Original Sin

Duarte, CA

#14 Jan 1, 2008
still3363 wrote:
Good obsefvation Texas!
It's been going on for years like this.
Who ever made her Ms. Role Model anyhow?
I admire Gary's dignity, though I imagine it must be he-- to watch the PR machine in motion.
If it were me, I'd let the entire world know the facts. Afterall, we are called to be truthful and honest. Gary deserves more than this trash he's getting.
I think the day is coming...
We'd be more likely to see the second coming, if you know what I mean.
Pitt_Fall

Duarte, CA

#15 Jan 3, 2008
ckbsjkk wrote:
FYI, Phylis was not at the Oprah show and is no logner employed "full time" by Amy and Vince. Vince has been quoted as saying that he was surprised that the kids wanted to go to the Oprah show because usually don't care what Vince and Amy are doing or where they are going. What's with you anyway? Too much time on your hands?
Sorry, but I'm not a VG stalker, so I wouldn't know that. I'd rather watch Brad Pitt in Legend of the Falls or one of his other movies or even Angelina Jolie in some movie or just about anyone else besides him or his prec. bride. They make my skin crawl a little. And his daughter gives me the creeps. No loyalty to her mom whatsoever.
2ManyWays2Fall

Duarte, CA

#16 Jan 5, 2008
The interest in the Oprah Show very quickly quietened. Most everybody is watching to see what Brad and Angelina or other hot and happening stars are doing. Gone Country is not all that popular these days or am I wrong?
BearClaw

Duarte, CA

#17 Jan 7, 2008
still3363 wrote:
Good obsefvation Texas!
It's been going on for years like this.
Who ever made her Ms. Role Model anyhow?
I admire Gary's dignity, though I imagine it must be he-- to watch the PR machine in motion.
If it were me, I'd let the entire world know the facts. Afterall, we are called to be truthful and honest. Gary deserves more than this trash he's getting.
I think the day is coming...
She made herself that and made tons of money & got lots of perks for it. Gary apparently has been busy with other projects. It seems he has moved on.
ShapeImIn

Duarte, CA

#18 Jan 10, 2008
Whit wrote:
One thing I always keep in mind is that we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. We only see the public side, or what we perceive based on what is out there. Vince Gill could very well be a quality step-father. Matt, Millie, and Sarah could be greatly loved by him, and they might very well adore him too. Who knows? I don't, and I'm sure no one who is outside of that circle knows either. I hope Vince treats those three as preciously as he appears to treat Jenny and Corrina. Likewise, I hope Amy treats Jenny as preciously as she treats Matt, Millie, and Sarah. I don't know what lies behind closed doors, so I won't assume anything based on my own observations.
I know his divorce papers (VG) addressed verbal and perhaps the threat of physical abuse. Janis didn't deny it. She also wrote an article chronicling
what happened in her life...in all of their lives and how devastating it was.
She was the one to move out (according to her) after she found evidence of more than a friendship. Plus, can you imagine having your husband wriiting and strumming songs for his friend/soulmate he planned to marry in the future? Whenever You Come Around, You and You Alone, If You Ever Have Forever in Mind. He openly admits now that he fell in love with another man's wife and pursued her. She plays innocent. She is still in denial.

I doubt her second chance marriage is the fantasy island she imagined it would be. They tend to do things separately a lot. At this age, it probably is just acceptance or perhaps their long-term "friendship" that keeps them together.

They admit they get on each other's nerves and now they are learning to steer clear or one another.

And no matter what, they will (in some ways) miss their exes even if they sing songs to belittle them. That just means they are still weighing on their minds.

VinceBellyFlops

Duarte, CA

#19 Jan 16, 2008
ckbsjkk wrote:
FYI, Phylis was not at the Oprah show and is no logner employed "full time" by Amy and Vince. Vince has been quoted as saying that he was surprised that the kids wanted to go to the Oprah show because usually don't care what Vince and Amy are doing or where they are going. What's with you anyway? Too much time on your hands?
Gary Chapman says differently. Who do you think I would believe. Him or you? Survey says
GARY. I know there was a Faux Gary, but this was the "other" one.

What I do with my time is none of your business.
I don't work for you. I don't much care for your Vince and Amy cheerleading on Gary sites. Do it all you want on their sites. I notice you don't post on the Amy or Vince boards here. You didn't post on the Oprah board until you heard of all the negative posts following the Oprah show.
You might ask yourself why this is so important to you.

You claim to be mostly a Vince fan.

Like I said, I put it on the back burner for quite some time, but the Oprah outing brought it to the forefront again just as it was supposed to do. Followed up with the magazine layouts.

I will never like that Vince broke up her family just because he thought she looked so good. That's a SORRY reason to break up a family with a husband and three children. I will never respect that.
ShapeImIn

Duarte, CA

#20 Jan 18, 2008
i had let it go and had left. what is their next move?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gary Chapman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Adulterous Affairs (Mar '12) Nov '17 Believer78 14
The Amy/ Gary divorce (Dec '08) Oct '17 james 66
V was 43, tons of women before marriage #2 (Mar '13) Oct '17 Pearl82 3
Suck Start A Harley (Jul '11) Oct '17 Lurker 14
I Know Who You Are - Janis Gill (Aug '11) Aug '17 bj jester 32
Vince's Lyrics Paint Amy Innocent-LOL (May '12) Aug '17 Jpm 14
Janis Oliver Gill already said it all or did she? (Feb '10) Aug '17 bj jester 39
More from around the web