Chesney gets top country award but criticizes vote

May 18, 2008 Full story: Reuters

“It's not tainted in any way and I'm proud to say I'm going down in the history books with Garth Brooks but you've got to admit, it's a different award”

Kenny Chesney won entertainer of the year for the fourth straight time at the 43rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards on Sunday -- but said backstage that organizers had devalued the top prize by making it ... via Reuters

Full Story
Arthur

Morrisville, NC

#1 May 19, 2008
I will have his baby anyday!!
tanya

Hagerstown, MD

#2 May 20, 2008
i dont blame him for feeling that way. that is a hard award to win, and the ACM should have a different category for the fans to vote, not for entertainer of the year.
St Louis fan

Columbia, MO

#3 May 21, 2008
I agree with you tanya. I don't have the knowledge or background to decide the winner of an industry award of any type except for in my own field of education. Kenny just put out a letter to his fan club too explaining what he meant and it is well written and makes some very good points. He loves the fans and thinks that they should be involved with the voting, but for a different award rather than this one very special and meaningful industry award. I came away from the letter appreciating that he wants the responsibility of getting the job done well and we as fans are not supposed to worry about the mechanics of how the music business is run. We're just supposed to enjoy the music and have a good time. Amen!:)

Since: Mar 07

Calgary, Canada

#4 May 21, 2008
I think Kenny's stance here is a bit hypocritical in that before the vote when you went to his official web site you always got a pop-up asking you to vote for him on this award. Now perhaps he didn't have a hand in this idea but he's kinda responsible for all aspects of his career.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garth Brooks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly Clarkson takes daughter River Rose to Gar... Sep 8 Francine Fishpaw 1
2Pac 'All Eyez On Me' a diamond Aug '14 BadMan84 2
Garth Brooks about to announce comeback tour? Jul '14 Chuy 1
....FARMER is ..GOD,..not... (May '13) Jun '14 SHYKORA PAUL arts 2
gareth brooks concrets/tickets ireland (Jan '14) Jan '14 EarlyDaysFoods 3
Cowboy Troy Brings "Hick Hop" to Country (Nov '06) Dec '13 bluegrass State h... 7
Garth Brooks Cheats on Trisha Yearwood??? (Mar '08) Apr '13 Laurie 25
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Garth Brooks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••