Hmm. The 2012 Election Reminds Me Of ...

Hmm. The 2012 Election Reminds Me Of Something

There are 71 comments on the National Public Radio story from May 29, 2012, titled Hmm. The 2012 Election Reminds Me Of Something. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

It's the sort of question you toss out to a table full of politics buffs - sharing a pitcher of cold beer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

Cat74

United States

#22 May 29, 2012
The working people don't want to continue paying for the deadbeats among us. Now there are almost as many people on the public dole as there are working, paying taxes. That is disgusting. You can't prove to me that half the country is too disabled to work.
Billy Ringo

New York, NY

#23 May 29, 2012
Obama has the college educated, industrial NE locked up. Along with the female, hispanic, and black vote as well as the under 30 white population.

If he wins Colorado, he will finish with 303 electoral votes. And that makes Florida irrelevant.
Cat74

United States

#24 May 29, 2012
Oh yeah, I just read about Barack's college educated followers. They shot up their own neighborhoods over the week end. He has the dregs of society, and not enough of them to win the election. He is counting on Wisconsin, Ohio, Pensylvania, and there are undecideds that could give those states to Romney if the least bit changes, War in Syria for example. I would wait on the victory bubbly if I were you.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#25 May 30, 2012
Fellow Nebraskan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the matter with the working people of Florida?
If you work for a living you cannot actually be voting for Mitt Ronmey Maybe you should watch something besides Fox News. Try MSNBC and get both sides What makes you think Romney knows anything more about economy than Obama except he knows how to give all the breaks to the top 1% Ask yourself how many jobs they have given
'IGNORANCE AND INCOMPETENCE'...Yep, Obama spent the whole 08 campaign tearing down the Bush Administration for Wars and Waterboarding…….FAST FORWARE to the present and Obama the Nobel Joke Prize Winner now has a kill list.

Paris

#26 May 30, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
Obama has the college educated, industrial NE locked up. Along with the female, hispanic, and black vote as well as the under 30 white population.
If he wins Colorado, he will finish with 303 electoral votes. And that makes Florida irrelevant.
Yes, irrelevant is a good word.........to describe Obama.

Obama honors Bob Dylan, other 'heroes' for cultural impact...Hey why not, both are dope heads.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#27 May 30, 2012
The lying loon wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's economy SUCKS and Obama's National Debt is at World Record Levels and very Unpatriotic.
Obama is pure Filth.
Sorry.
He inherited Bush's economy and has done a lot to fix it, but evidently you're too stupid or too dishonest to understand that.

Debts aren't that big a deal, and it's laughable to call them "unpatriotic." WTF does that even MEAN?

You are a pure liar and a pure douchebag.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#28 May 30, 2012
CrazeeCatLadee wrote:
Oh yeah, I just read about Barack's college educated followers. They shot up their own neighborhoods over the week end. He has the dregs of society, and not enough of them to win the election. He is counting on Wisconsin, Ohio, Pensylvania, and there are undecideds that could give those states to Romney if the least bit changes, War in Syria for example. I would wait on the victory bubbly if I were you.
More disgusting, racist filth from the Crazee Ladee. Why don't you lynch yourself and save us the trouble of seeing your hateful, idiotic posts in future?

Paris

#29 May 30, 2012
Longtime Democratic House member Reyes upset in primary

In a stunning upset, Rep. Silvestre Reyes (D-TX) lost a primary challenge Tuesday to former El Paso City Councilman Beto O’Rourke
He touted endorsements from President Barack Obama and former President Bill Clinton. He also spent nearly $500,000 this year, nearly $200,000 more than his opponent.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/30/lo ...
harvey

Columbus, OH

#30 May 30, 2012
Les Spambot wrote:
Longtime Democratic House member Reyes upset in primary
In a stunning upset, Rep. Silvestre Reyes (D-TX) lost a primary challenge Tuesday to former El Paso City Councilman Beto O’Rourke
He touted endorsements from President Barack Obama and former President Bill Clinton. He also spent nearly $500,000 this year, nearly $200,000 more than his opponent.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/30/lo ...
You DO understand what a "primary" is, right, Spambot? Note the circumstances for Reyes:

"Reyes is serving his eighth term in the House.

In an anti-incumbent campaign, O’Rourke accused Reyes of ties to corruption in Congress.”He’s absolutely tied to corruption,” O’Rourke told The Texas Tribune this month.“I haven’t said he is corrupt himself, but I think he is very tied to it, and I think he is part of the problem.”

Reyes was included in a Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington report on politicians who have paid family members with campaign funds. That became the subject of attack ads aired against Reyes by the anti-incumbent super PAC Campaign for Primary Accountability.."

People tired of a long-time incumbent with hints of corruption about him. They replaced him with another Dem, who will probably win in November. Good for them!

Bad for ReTHUGs...:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#31 May 30, 2012
Les Spambot wrote:
Yes, irrelevant is a good word.........to describe my posts.
Obama honors Bob Dylan, other 'heroes' for cultural impact...Hey why not, both are dope heads like George 'Sniffy' Bush.
Or you, right? Or does Thorazine count? LOL
fatbacks x

Nampa, ID

#32 May 30, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's economy SUCKS and Obama's National Debt is at World Record Levels and very Unpatriotic.
Obama is pure Filth.
Sorry.
Still outa work? Gotta be something out there you can do besides piss and moan.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#33 May 30, 2012
fatbacks x wrote:
<quoted text>Still outa work? Gotta be something out there you can do besides piss and moan.
I doubt it, he tends to go with what he knows...LOL

Paris

#34 May 30, 2012
fatbacks x wrote:
<quoted text>Still outa work? Gotta be something out there you can do besides piss and moan.
20,000 APPLY FOR 877 JOBS AT AUTO PLANT

It should not come as a surprise with unemployment over 8% that good paying jobs in manufacturing are harder than ever to land.
At the Hyundai plant in Montgomery, Alabama more than 20,000 people have applied for one of the 877 job openings.
The surge of people applying may seem unusual, but it's not.
Take a look:
• Last summer Ford had more than 18,000 people apply for one of 1,800 jobs at the retooled Louisville plant. That plant will open and start building the Edge SUV in mid-June.
• In 2011, more than 41,000 applied for one of the 1,300 positions at the new Toyota plant in Tupelo, Mississippi.
• In 2009, more than 65,000 applied for one of the 2,700 jobs at the new Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga, TN. Since opening, that plant has added shifts and is currently hiring another 820 workers.
There's no doubt the recession and the fact so many Americans are still out of work was the primary factor driving the waves of people applying for jobs at auto plants.
Another huge factor is the type of jobs being offered. Good pay and benefits with solid companies in an industry set for steady growth over the next 3-5 years. Those jobs are hard to find in blue-collar America.

NOTICE GM AND CHRYSLER AREN’T LISTED……..THEY HIRE OVER SEAS. OBAMA MOTORS, OBAMA’S ECONOMY
Billy Ringo

New York, NY

#35 May 30, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Crissakes, the real question is why are you baggers so stupid?

Obama's lead in WI, OH,and PA are in the 6-7 point range. They are safe blue states. There is NOT going to be a war in Syria - or anywhere else. It's the cowardly Cons who like to start wars, and then leave it to a Democrat to finish.

Now, on the other hand Willard's lead in FL is only 1 point - a statistical tie and his lead in NC is only 4. His lead in MO is only 3. It is much more likely that Willard will lose FL, NC, and /or MO than Obama losing PA, OH, or WI. And, if that happens Obama wins reelection with about 350 EV, close to the margin that he beat the old dude and The Quitter by.
Cat74

United States

#36 May 30, 2012
Wisconsin is no longer a safe state for the Democrats. The people like what Walker has done, and they will reward the Republicans on the 5th, and in November. Democrats cannot even steal enough votes to overcome 7 points. However if you want to get the news now you could google the election, or check Gallup, and Rassmussen.

Paris

#37 May 31, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Crissakes, the real question is why are you baggers so stupid?
Obama's lead in WI, OH,and PA are in the 6-7 point range. They are safe blue states. There is NOT going to be a war in Syria - or anywhere else. It's the cowardly Cons who like to start wars, and then leave it to a Democrat to finish.
Now, on the other hand Willard's lead in FL is only 1 point - a statistical tie and his lead in NC is only 4. His lead in MO is only 3. It is much more likely that Willard will lose FL, NC, and /or MO than Obama losing PA, OH, or WI. And, if that happens Obama wins reelection with about 350 EV, close to the margin that he beat the old dude and The Quitter by.
MOVEON.ORG WARNS 'MIGHT HAVE TO PULL PLUG'...

Wed, 2012-05-30 13:35
MoveOn, a giant in the progressive political world and an early endorser of Barack Obama in 2008, warns that it might have to “pull the plug” on key campaigns to help Obama and Senate Democrats if its 7 million members don’t pony up with at least $5.

Without a rush of new cash, MoveOn says it will have to give up efforts to elect Elizabeth Warren in Massachusetts, help the recall fight against Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, and energize younger voters who’ve soured on Washington.

SOROS SAY YOU ALL FEND FOR YOURSELVES, I GOTTA PROTECT MY PUPPET. ANOTHER SURE SIGN OF DECLINE ON THE LEFT AND THEIR SINKING INTERNALS.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#38 May 31, 2012
CrazeeCatLadee wrote:
Wisconsin is no longer a safe state for the Democrats. The people like what Walker has done, and they will reward the Republicans on the 5th, and in November. Democrats cannot even steal enough votes to overcome 7 points. However if you want to get the news now you could google the election, or check Gallup, and Rassmussen.
"The people like what Walker has done..." LOL

Yeah, hag, that's why they're having a RECALL ELECTION, isn't it?

God, you're dumb...:)
Cat74

United States

#39 May 31, 2012
Harv, half the people who signed that recall petition did not even live in Wisconson. Now some will come back, and vote illegally, but not nearly enough to beat Walker in the Recall election. The Democrats, and the Unions screwed up big time. The recall is pretty much over, and Wallker won. The Democrats, and the Unions look stupid, and not only will they lose the recall, the voters will support Romney over Obama in November.

Paris

#40 May 31, 2012
That is unions and mostly out of state thugs moron. Why did the liberals pull their money out of Wisconsin, because the people said screw you libs, you should not have unions in government sectors.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#41 May 31, 2012
CrazeeCatLadee wrote:
Harv, half the people who signed that recall petition did not even live in Wisconson. Now some will come back, and vote illegally, but not nearly enough to beat Walker in the Recall election. The Democrats, and the Unions screwed up big time. The recall is pretty much over, and Wallker won. The Democrats, and the Unions look stupid, and not only will they lose the recall, the voters will support Romney over Obama in November.
I'm calling you a liar, Cat Ladee. PROVE what you're saying, or you're admitting you are one.

Walker may win, but Wisconsin WON'T. He's anti-worker, anti-citizen, and pro-Right. He's bad for Wisconsin, period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On This Day: McCollum Memo Delivered (Feb '15) Jul '16 Cynthia 3
News Like Lincoln and FDR, Obama faces nation in cri... (Nov '08) Oct '14 yon 52
News Veteran projectionist still threading film at m... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Films 1
News Memos show U.S. hushed up Soviet crime (Sep '12) Sep '12 Pesky army 6
News Paul Broun on FDR (Sep '11) Sep '11 Brotha of the Unb... 1
News The Constitution and compassion, too (May '11) May '11 JERRY DEMING 6
News Party of the rich still remains to be the GOP (Dec '10) Dec '10 Dode Penrod 81
More from around the web