Like Lincoln and FDR, Obama faces nation in crisis

All presidents are tested. Few walk into the Oval Office when the nation is in the throes of multiple crises. Full Story

“Just me...”

Since: Aug 08

Topeka, Kansas

#22 Nov 9, 2008
Sounds like the 3 of you should join Herr Obama's 4th Reich.

He is already sidestepping the voice of the public by deciding today to "issue executive orders to reverse the Bush Administration's stance on stem cell research".

Interesting.

Hitler ignored those who might not agree with him, and then exterminated them. He started his rule by the same strokes of the pen, by sidestepping the established law and reversing policy adapted by Germany after WWI.

Beware the coming camps.

I'll probably be one of those people wearing the yellow elephant on my coat in the ghetto established for people of my kind.
Mind Hunter

United States

#23 Nov 9, 2008
Obama may not be FDR or Lincoln. But he faces similar circumstances as they did coming into office. That's all they are saying. They aren't saying he's as good a leader as they were or anything like that.

The fuckin' Republicans, once again raped our country and destroyed our middle class. It's time for someone to stand up to the right wing Nazis in this country. All Republicans are racist pigs who only care about their money. Not to mention, all Republicans couldn't get laid if it cost them their life.
Nancy

River Grove, IL

#24 Nov 9, 2008
Mind Hunter wrote:
Obama may not be FDR or Lincoln. But he faces similar circumstances as they did coming into office. That's all they are saying. They aren't saying he's as good a leader as they were or anything like that.
The fuckin' Republicans, once again raped our country and destroyed our middle class. It's time for someone to stand up to the right wing Nazis in this country. All Republicans are racist pigs who only care about their money. Not to mention, all Republicans couldn't get laid if it cost them their life.
You're right, but I don't know about getting laid. The rest I agree with. These people almost totally destroyed this country, and I hope Obama can straighten things out. The war, greed, and spending have left us bankrupt. Good Riddance GW Bush.

“Just me...”

Since: Aug 08

Topeka, Kansas

#25 Nov 9, 2008
Mind Hunter wrote:
You're right... I'm a racist because I don't like Obama?

Stop and smell what you're shoveling.

All I care about is my money? What money? I'm a poor man who has been bent over the barrel by a democratic house and senate for the last two years.

Can't get laid? "I've laid more pipe in this town than Wabasha Plumbing".

Put your pipe down at least until Obama legalizes the crap.
taste of licorice

Reedley, CA

#26 Nov 9, 2008
Well he just added one major job to his resume!!
uaintnolincolnrfdr wrote:
If the Obama worshippers could ever get past THIER SKIN COLOR OBSESSION, they would see they've hired the janitor to be the CEO.
To suggest that Obama is another Lincoln or FDR is
ridiculous...Obama's resume is zippo.
adios

Reedley, CA

#27 Nov 9, 2008
BYE BYE!!
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, but I don't know about getting laid. The rest I agree with. These people almost totally destroyed this country, and I hope Obama can straighten things out. The war, greed, and spending have left us bankrupt. Good Riddance GW Bush.
Truth

Greenville, NC

#28 Nov 9, 2008
The lies? The lies? You are kidding, right? the lies, half-truths, double standards and hypocrisies swarming around the Obama campaign and his henchmen...the liberal media, democrats in Congress, and the Hollywood hacks...have suffocated this nation to the point that normally sane folks can no longer tell the difference in the truth and lies. As far as Fox News, Obama Mama, that is the only network one could hear the truth for the past eight years. Do you really believe CNN, MSNBC and the other left leaning goons cared about the truth during the campaigns. I, for one, intend to give Obama the same respect he and his kind gave my president. Figure that one out!!!!!!!!!
brush lee

United States

#29 Nov 9, 2008
like washington does he smoke pot like lincon does his wife throw potatos at him like clinton he did not have sex with monica like bush he hasent jumpped out an aplain every few years for excitment

“DON"T TOUCH MY JUNK !”

Since: Jun 08

Gulf Coast

#33 Nov 9, 2008
History shows that when a nation gets screwed up,inflation,unemployment,corr uption in government,and inflation ,the people seek out anybody who promises them relief.Often its a guy on a white horse.Under the guise of going to do the peoples business,they in fact take the peoples rights,and seek power..During the great depression,in Germany,a guy called Hitler told the people what they wanted to hear.If you recall FDR was president in 1932 for four terms,to 1945.If he did not die,he would have been president for as long as he wanted.George
Washington,our greatest president, on the other hand gave the job up.He could have been king.
Now Obama is here.Expectations are high. We will know in two years if he will be with us for two terms.It is events which shape a president,and not the man who who has easy answers.How he address not only domestic things ,but to include world things ,is a bit of a trip too far.Glad we have a two term limit now.In any event I wish him well,for in the end its our butts that is on the line.Remember all presidents are multi-millionaires.Not quite the common man.
Obama 08

Ewa Beach, HI

#34 Nov 9, 2008
BEAN51 wrote:
History shows that when a nation gets screwed up,inflation,unemployment,corr uption in government,and inflation ,the people seek out anybody who promises them relief.Often its a guy on a white horse.Under the guise of going to do the peoples business,they in fact take the peoples rights,and seek power..During the great depression,in Germany,a guy called Hitler told the people what they wanted to hear.If you recall FDR was president in 1932 for four terms,to 1945.If he did not die,he would have been president for as long as he wanted.George
Washington,our greatest president, on the other hand gave the job up.He could have been king.
Now Obama is here.Expectations are high. We will know in two years if he will be with us for two terms.It is events which shape a president,and not the man who who has easy answers.How he address not only domestic things ,but to include world things ,is a bit of a trip too far.Glad we have a two term limit now.In any event I wish him well,for in the end its our butts that is on the line.Remember all presidents are multi-millionaires.Not quite the common man.
Actually America has a really good record of picking the right president when things break, but a habit of picking really bad presidents when things are fixed.
evil_media

Macon, GA

#35 Nov 9, 2008
I think the media is a real pain for America. It's like a narc yelling out loud, "Hey America! Here's what the president will be doing tomorrow!"

Maybe America shouldn't know everything. The only time we should know everything is during elections. Once we "fairly" choose our candidate then we can rest assured that the right candidate will act accordingly. But the media removes faith and trust from the equation.

They love to talk about negatives. They are sincerely trying to turn America into a living CSI drama.

We seriously need to be more involved without the help of media.
evil_media

Macon, GA

#36 Nov 9, 2008
TopekaGuy wrote:
Sounds like the 3 of you should join Herr Obama's 4th Reich.
He is already sidestepping the voice of the public by deciding today to "issue executive orders to reverse the Bush Administration's stance on stem cell research".
Interesting.
Hitler ignored those who might not agree with him, and then exterminated them. He started his rule by the same strokes of the pen, by sidestepping the established law and reversing policy adapted by Germany after WWI.
Beware the coming camps.
I'll probably be one of those people wearing the yellow elephant on my coat in the ghetto established for people of my kind.
Obviously you are one of a minor few that think Bush was a good president. Obama plans to undo much of what Bush did to wreck our country. And a lot of disinformation was used to fool idiots like you into supporting Bush's actions.

The fact is that he let religious beliefs determine his actions. Stem Cell research is necessary. Gay rights is necessary. Climate control is necessary. Ridding our world of oil is necessary.

You need to wake up.
MrDiggsby

Cary, NC

#37 Nov 9, 2008
And unlike Lincoln/FDR, Obamation does NOT have what it takes. We are all doomed, doomed I tell you.
Obama 08

Ewa Beach, HI

#38 Nov 10, 2008
evil_media wrote:
I think the media is a real pain for America. It's like a narc yelling out loud, "Hey America! Here's what the president will be doing tomorrow!"
Maybe America shouldn't know everything. The only time we should know everything is during elections. Once we "fairly" choose our candidate then we can rest assured that the right candidate will act accordingly. But the media removes faith and trust from the equation.
They love to talk about negatives. They are sincerely trying to turn America into a living CSI drama.
We seriously need to be more involved without the help of media.
I would rather have a transparent government. I want to know what it's doing.
Obama 08

Ewa Beach, HI

#39 Nov 10, 2008
MrDiggsby wrote:
And unlike Lincoln/FDR, Obamation does NOT have what it takes. We are all doomed, doomed I tell you.
You loonytoons said the same thing about FDR.
Spandex Nation

Montgomery, AL

#41 Nov 10, 2008
Obama lacks on important attribute shared by FDR and Lincoln...morality. With no moral foundation, he will not have a stomach for commitment to a righteous cause. Thus, he will fail himself and his country.
Obama 08

Ewa Beach, HI

#42 Nov 10, 2008
Spandex Nation wrote:
Obama lacks on important attribute shared by FDR and Lincoln...morality. With no moral foundation, he will not have a stomach for commitment to a righteous cause. Thus, he will fail himself and his country.
His morality is fine.

“The right to bear arms”

Since: Feb 08

somewhere in dixie

#43 Nov 10, 2008
all liberals and democrats love abortion. it is their issue, their chalice of jesus christ on which they can hang their votes. oh sorry for mentioning jesus christ i know all yall are godless atheists, my bad.
Nancy

River Grove, IL

#44 Nov 10, 2008
Obama 08 wrote:
<quoted text>
His morality is fine.
I agree.
Obama 08

Ewa Beach, HI

#45 Nov 10, 2008
rebeltothelast wrote:
all liberals and democrats love abortion. it is their issue, their chalice of jesus christ on which they can hang their votes. oh sorry for mentioning jesus christ i know all yall are godless atheists, my bad.
You seem to be the one bent into a knot about abortion, not us. As far as we're concerned, the abortion rights debate is over in politics, and we won.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Veteran projectionist still threading film at m... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Films 1
Memos show U.S. hushed up Soviet crime (Sep '12) Sep '12 Pesky army 6
Hmm. The 2012 Election Reminds Me Of Something (May '12) Jun '12 Le Jimbo 71
Paul Broun on FDR (Sep '11) Sep '11 Brotha of the Unb... 1
The Constitution and compassion, too (May '11) May '11 JERRY DEMING 6
Party of the rich still remains to be the GOP (Dec '10) Dec '10 Dode Penrod 81
National Review: The US's Disorganized Retreat (Oct '10) Oct '10 Rico 1
More from around the web