Middle name is no cause for objection

Middle name is no cause for objection

There are 16 comments on the The Morning Call story from Oct 15, 2008, titled Middle name is no cause for objection. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

More often than not, citizens of our great country recognize presidents by their full name as a matter of respect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Ann Coulter

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Oct 15, 2008
Obfuscation is the modus operandi of Barry Hussein Obama. If anybody knew what he stood for Hillary would be (should be) the democratic parties candidate!!!
Please

United States

#2 Oct 15, 2008
I was never a Hillary supporter, but I have to say what was the democratic party thinking???? She has much more experience than he will ever have. Actually I am republican by voters registration, but in this election, I think if Hillary had won the nomination, I would have voted for her and I thought there would never come a day I would EVER say that.
Stand up Chuck

Catasauqua, PA

#3 Oct 15, 2008
Hillary loves all this country stands for, Obama loves welfare. If your ashamed of your name, change it.
walt

United States

#4 Oct 15, 2008
Your can't can't possibly believe that your fellow Repubs are using the Middle name in the same manner as those that you pointed out. It is how the name is used and the intent is so obvious that I can only assume that you are lying when you write a letter like this. The only other explanation is total stupidity.
walt

United States

#6 Oct 15, 2008
Please wrote:
I was never a Hillary supporter, but I have to say what was the democratic party thinking???? She has much more experience than he will ever have. Actually I am republican by voters registration, but in this election, I think if Hillary had won the nomination, I would have voted for her and I thought there would never come a day I would EVER say that.
He was nominated because he won enough delegates in the primary. And the fact is he is far superior to McCain as Hillary is also. So what is the problem.
Lib Terminator

Hazleton, PA

#7 Oct 15, 2008
David,

An obvious observation. It make sense. Is reasonable and is true.

But it is not so obvious, sensible, and reasonable to political extremists who want to make a false point to support rabid anti-republicanism.

For Cross, Gun & Oil

Terminating liberals at will.

liberalismisasin.com
Please

United States

#8 Oct 15, 2008
walt wrote:
<quoted text>He was nominated because he won enough delegates in the primary. And the fact is he is far superior to McCain as Hillary is also. So what is the problem.
He isn't superior to anyone! He has little to no experience, his associations, loyalties and character are subject to question and all he knows how to do is speak well to the public, so can any other con man alive. At this point I am don't even want to vote, because I am not happy with McCain, but I sure as heck won't vote in Obama because Oprah told me so.
Conscience Voter

Allentown, PA

#9 Oct 15, 2008
I have both eyes open and am turning to local candidates now. Obama is a media sensation PERIOD.
1)Just about two standard paragraphs about his background have been released and memorized by the press. Poor and went to Harvard - I can't!
2)His campaign goes balistic when anyone says "Hussein". Why?
3)80% of his ads are negative and only speak about McCain.
4)He has 143 days of experience and that's all.
5)He has been trained in speech and timber to sound historic - Lincoln, Roosevelt, etc. No saxaphone!
6)He would be the first black president - that represents "Change", makes him unique and will get the votes of American white women between 25 and 35 because that was their high school sex drive.
7)He is tall, so his is like Kennedy ...who admonished people who would not vote for an Irish Catholic. Get it?
McCain is no peach! But may be the better choice with the shape the country is in. We do NOT need the next Hoover.
Obominator

Reading, PA

#10 Oct 15, 2008
walt wrote:
<quoted text>He was nominated because he won enough delegates in the primary. And the fact is he is far superior to McCain as Hillary is also. So what is the problem.
George HUSSIEN Washington,Thomas HUSSIEN Jefferson, John HUSSIEN Kennedy, Barrock Hussien Barry Obama, Barry , what ever his name is , the above are rolling in their graves, TRUST isnt HUSSIEN these days
You are all dumb

Allentown, PA

#11 Oct 15, 2008
Every one of these 9 posts is written by an idiot. This is not political. Obama IS proud of his name. What is wrong is what is implied when his name is envoked... Hatred. The fact that you people so openly show hate for people other than you disgusts me. And Hillary supporters. If you want to go against every democratic value you "say" you have and vote for McCain, go ahead. But when womens rights are tossed out the window, don't complain.
MR BIGOTRUTIOUS

Reading, PA

#12 Oct 15, 2008
You are all dumb wrote:
Every one of these 9 posts is written by an idiot. This is not political. Obama IS proud of his name. What is wrong is what is implied when his name is envoked... Hatred. The fact that you people so openly show hate for people other than you disgusts me. And Hillary supporters. If you want to go against every democratic value you "say" you have and vote for McCain, go ahead. But when womens rights are tossed out the window, don't complain.
WHY didnt he keep Barry, cause that wasnt MUSLIM now wasnt it
Lib Terminator

Hazleton, PA

#13 Oct 15, 2008
You are all dumb wrote:
Every one of these 9 posts is written by an idiot. This is not political. Obama IS proud of his name. What is wrong is what is implied when his name is envoked... Hatred. The fact that you people so openly show hate for people other than you disgusts me. And Hillary supporters. If you want to go against every democratic value you "say" you have and vote for McCain, go ahead. But when womens rights are tossed out the window, don't complain.
Comrade,

Those post's you appear to "hate" don't necessarily "hate" Nobama. We disagree with him vehemently when he wants to destroy and change America as his policies objectively will.

Just because Americans disagree with misanthrope, NObama, don't mean it is done with hate. With exuberant enthusiasm to see him loose is part of our political process. In fact, the rabid left is full of more hate for America than all the hate of those who disagree with NObama. Vehemently.

Most of those who you accuse of hate are only arguing over the silliness that some extremist make of anyone using Nobamas middle name.

I think you fit into that category.

For Cross, Gun & Oil

Terminating liberals at will.

liberalismisasin.com .
You are all dumb

Fogelsville, PA

#14 Oct 15, 2008
MR BIGOTRUTIOUS wrote:
<quoted text> WHY didnt he keep Barry, cause that wasnt MUSLIM now wasnt it
Jackass, his name never was Barry, read the facts (Hannity and Rush don't give you those). And you're assumption that if he was Muslim that it would make him evil is racist. It sounds as though you read about as much as Sarah Palin does.
impeach Bush

Sellersville, PA

#15 Oct 15, 2008
Lib Terminator wrote:
David,
An obvious observation. It make sense. Is reasonable and is true.
But it is not so obvious, sensible, and reasonable to political extremists who want to make a false point to support rabid anti-republicanism.
For Cross, Gun & Oil
Terminating liberals at will.
liberalismisasin.com
You mean guys like John McSame? He asked that this stupidity be stopped.
impeach Bush

Sellersville, PA

#16 Oct 15, 2008
Lib Terminator wrote:
<quoted text>
Comrade,
Those post's you appear to "hate" don't necessarily "hate" Nobama. We disagree with him vehemently when he wants to destroy and change America as his policies objectively will.
Just because Americans disagree with misanthrope, NObama, don't mean it is done with hate. With exuberant enthusiasm to see him loose is part of our political process. In fact, the rabid left is full of more hate for America than all the hate of those who disagree with NObama. Vehemently.
Most of those who you accuse of hate are only arguing over the silliness that some extremist make of anyone using Nobamas middle name.
I think you fit into that category.
For Cross, Gun & Oil
Terminating liberals at will.
liberalismisasin.com .
Why? Because you say so? John McSame asked that people in his campaign stop using it. Oh, maybe you're smarter than him. Does being stupid hurt? I'm asking you, because you would be an expert.
lebowski

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Oct 15, 2008
Jer - what's the countdown until Obama is your President-Elect. Ohh that has a ring to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On This Day: McCollum Memo Delivered (Feb '15) Jul '16 Cynthia 3
News Like Lincoln and FDR, Obama faces nation in cri... (Nov '08) Oct '14 yon 52
News Veteran projectionist still threading film at m... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Films 1
News Memos show U.S. hushed up Soviet crime (Sep '12) Sep '12 Pesky army 6
News Hmm. The 2012 Election Reminds Me Of Something (May '12) Jun '12 Le Jimbo 71
News Paul Broun on FDR (Sep '11) Sep '11 Brotha of the Unb... 1
News The Constitution and compassion, too (May '11) May '11 JERRY DEMING 6
More from around the web