British actor Frank Thornton - best known in 'Are You Being Served?' - dies aged 92

There are 2 comments on the ottawacitizen.com story from Mar 18, 2013, titled British actor Frank Thornton - best known in 'Are You Being Served?' - dies aged 92. In it, ottawacitizen.com reports that:

In this April 29, 1992 file photo, actor Frank Thornton poses for a photograph in London.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ottawacitizen.com.

Irish2

Dublin, Ireland

#1 Mar 18, 2013
Rest in peace,funny man.Condolences to all his family and friends.:(

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Apr 15, 2013
Irish2 wrote:
Rest in peace,funny man.Condolences to all his family and friends.:(
I am very saddened by the passing of the wonderful man, one of the best in comedy. "Are You Being Served?" was my favorite of all British comedys, surpassed by none, and Frank Thornton was excellent in his role of Captain Peacock. No one else could have done it as well as he. The show was well loved in America, and neither the show nor Mr. Thornton will ever be forgotten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frank Thornton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Captain Peacock actor Frank Thornton dies (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jennifer 2
News End of TV era as Last of the Summer Wine axed a... (Jul '10) Aug '12 Pat Schnyder 6
News Farewell, Mrs. Slocombe (Jul '09) Apr '12 Thomas W Maguire 5
News Last of the Summer Wine to return (Dec '09) Dec '09 garry dawson 1
signed photograph (Jun '06) Jun '06 Ian Latham 1
More from around the web